Page 481 of 719 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I agree with the idea that Phoenix (for Jean, strictly speaking) isn't a power boost so much as it's an awareness boost. Jean says as much to Bobby in regards to his "level up" during X-Men Forever, and confirms she gets that same kind of revelation from her memories as Phoenix

Which is why I think she should retake the code name Phoenix and manifest pink firebirds again.

It doesn’t mean they have to use the Phoenix force as it has been bastardized by the Aaron. That too will end though. A good writer just has to deal with it and end it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Love this little write-up on Jean published by ScreenRant yesterday:

https://screenrant.com/x-men-jean-gr...vels-superman/

Good press is good press.
    And I get that’s why they wanted to reestablish her as a character and what her relationships are with the X-Men and what her place in the team would be instead of rehashing Dark Phoenix and Shi’ar stories. I totally agree with that decision. I love how she stepped up to confound the X-Men.

I think she will retake the name Phoenix and remain a powerful central figure in the X-Men one day now that powerful women are popular in the MCU and you have more women writers and creators in Marvel.

I agree with the idea that Phoenix (for Jean, strictly speaking) isn't a power boost so much as it's an awareness boost. Jean says as much to Bobby in regards to his "level up" during X-Men Forever, and confirms she gets that same kind of revelation from her memories as Phoenix

I loved X-men Forever when it came out. The best parts for me were Iceman and Jean. I loved that Jean went back to the Classic X-men memory as White Phoenix or anytime she gets to relive any of the original Phoenix years. The writing may seem dated, but this story came out before the Morrison era started. It was a fun little story and seeing Jean and Iceman teaming up with Juggernaut, Toad, and Mystique was fun. This was also before Juggernaut joined the X-men during the Chuck Austen era, so it was a bit of an unusual team up at the time.

I hated it when Claremont's out of continuity book was called X-men Forever because I've come across many fans online that think this X-men Forever mini was out of continuity and they think it was part of those other series.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved X-men Forever when it came out. The best parts for me were Iceman and Jean. I loved that Jean went back to the Classic X-men memory as White Phoenix or anytime she gets to relive any of the original Phoenix years. The writing may seem dated, but this story came out before the Morrison era started. It was a fun little story and seeing Jean and Iceman teaming up with Juggernaut, Toad, and Mystique was fun. This was also before Juggernaut joined the X-men during the Chuck Austen era, so it was a bit of an unusual team up at the time.

I hated it when Claremont's out of continuity book was called X-men Forever because I've come across many fans online that think this X-men Forever mini was out of continuity and they think it was part of those other series.
    Yep I definitely agree with you...and it's annoying that it's not even available on the Marvel Unlimited app (yet the 2 Claremont X-Men Forever series that came afterwards, are)

Especially with the renewed relevance of the Omega Mutant concept in this Hickman era, you'd think they'd have the series were it first originated...I'm glad I got to read it years ago at least.

Exactly. I’ve been saying this on this thread for months. It also lends credence to my theory that Jean has an innate cosmic connection separate and apart from the Phoenix Force.

“The most powerful telepathic mind on the planet…”

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=mike7171;5706562]
    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post

Is that what this is all about? That Storm is showing as a 6 and Jean as a 7?
    You are one angry person.
    Child, Storm showing 6 i think is an old one. Once the new Cerebro Scans comes out, she'll be a 7 for sure. All omega should have a 7 somewhere in there, as it should represent their immeasurable skills (whichever category it falls under). Storm was never officially called Omega until Hickman (still hate him? lol).
    Idiot! I love both Jean and Ororo. I'm not an angry Storm's fan who wants to make her number 1 in every rating, nor I do the same with Jean. If you didn't read my previous posts, I suggested to classify Ororo at level 5 because she has 1 mental talent(weather manipulation).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    So, you're going to waltz in here and be all cute and spicy, too? lmao. You're too much, fridric.

And also, since Jean can telepathically use others' powers, she technically has control over an infinite number of psionic abilities...

Controlling someone's mind/body functions telepathically is not the same thing as possessing an infinite number of psionic abilities. Where do you get this stupid idea?

Idiot!
    Now, now, fridric… Don’t resort to name-calling. Your enthusiastic way of expressing your views, incorrect as they may be (lol), is too cute to get mired in such lowbrow sophomoric tactics!

Controlling someone's mind/body functions telepathically is not the same thing as possessing an infinite number of psionic abilities. Where do you get this stupid idea?
    Listen, you little minx: Jean was stated to have “infinite mental powers” in 1968. It is canon and that is that!

This 20+-year-old mini-arc, though it's actually quite a big and important arc, deserves to be posted here:

How it began... (from X-Men #48 [1995]):

What happened in the interim... (from All-New X-Men #40 [2015]):

How it ended... (X-Men: Blue #35 [2018]):

BANNED

I love it -- Esme admits that she is not a telekinetic which means neither are her sisters or Emma Frost.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-29-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Jean was referred to as the most powerful telepath on Earth as far back as 1997. From Wolverine #118:

Joining Mercury's thread about this moment, some panels between them (and Old Future Bobby) in X-Men: Winters End.

xmen winters end1 (2).jpg

xmen winters end2.jpg

xmen winters end3.jpg

Idk why the images look so little