Page 491 of 719 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    First time I read those I was in elementary school
    Damn, girl. 🤣

In other news, this is coming out, and apparently, we can expect "a positively devilish new look for" our favorite team. Could this mean new permanent costumes or a "new look" just for this event?

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/marvel...-black-knight/

I know it won't happen, Sara Grey won't sell books, but it would be cool if she was confirmed to be a mutant and resurrected. A small seed was planted when Lang expressed how difficult she was to try to assimilate and that her mental strength was remarkable, much like Jean's

Even if she isn't an outright telepath, she could have extremely powerful psionic shields, and other unrealized applications.

And on a personal level for Jean, it would be nice for her to have someone to relate to regarding the lost of all the rest of her family, especially their parents, with someone who knew them as well and was as close to them as Jean was

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I know it won't happen, Sara Grey won't sell books, but it would be cool if she was confirmed to be a mutant and resurrected. A small seed was planted when Lang expressed how difficult she was to try to assimilate and that her mental strength was remarkable, much like Jean's

Even if she isn't an outright telepath, she could have extremely powerful psionic shields, and other unrealized applications.

And on a personal level for Jean, it would be nice for her to have someone to relate to regarding the lost of all the rest of her family, especially their parents, with someone who knew them as well and was as close to them as Jean was
    Anyone can sell books, where there’s will (and talent) there’s a way!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Anyone can sell books, where there’s will (and talent) there’s a way!
    This is true...heck we almost had a Moira MacTaggart series...I'm just feeling cynical when it comes to Jean's personal orbit of characters being fleshed out in any meaningful way

Why did you have to show Sara? 😭

Anyway, I agree with everything you've written. I would love it if they resurrected Sara and her children, and all three moved in with Jean and Scott. Like, that's one of my dreams for Jean. Also, as you noted, they could do so much regarding revealing and exploring Sara's capabilities. It would be amazing to see Jean interacting with someone who knew her before her life as an X-Man.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-02-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Why did you have to show Sara? ��

Anyway, I agree with everything you've written. I would love it if they resurrected Sara and her children, and all three moved in with Jean and Scott. Like, that's one of my dreams for Jean. Also, as you noted, they could do so much regarding revealing and exploring Sara's capabilities. It would be amazing to see Jean interacting with someone who knew her before her life as an X-Man.
    Agreed...there's a kind of bond there that Jean hasn't had since. I love Rachel and Nathan, but they are "complicated", and automatically evoke Jean's relationship with Scott (or his with Madelyne) and there's a simplicity and purity with Sara that predates all of that and belongs to Jean alone.

I also like that Sara was shown to be such a strong advocate for mutants.

I should re-read Bizarre Adventures #27, it's been a while

This is true...heck we almost had a Moira MacTaggart series...I'm just feeling cynical when it comes to Jean's personal orbit of characters being fleshed out in any meaningful way
    We jean fans are unlucky when it comes to the editor’s will to expand and explore her lore, usually 2 things happens:

A)It gets ignored and forgotten (see her family, human friends and connections, personal life)
    B)It proves to be particularly suggestive and gets outright stolen, watered down or given to someone else ( phoenix, white hot room, resurrection via cocoon, love life, omega psionic classification etc etc)

* I could really elaborate each of the points above but I have since given up and people don’t like complaints.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I created a thread on Twitter - "Sara and the Death of the Greys" - replete with screenshots and aimed at covering the pivotal appearances of Sara, her children, and her and Jean's parents. Please let me know if I've missed something. This thread threatened to make me tear up a few times, but I managed not to. (Well, maybe I did a little when I included the following two pictures in the final tweet ("In Memory of") of the thread. (Oddly enough, it was cathartic for me. I realized that there was and is life there...)

Thread Link: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...94583221800974

Also, the very first appearance of Elaine and John Grey, from X-Men #5 (1963) (Red and Slim look too f*cking cute in this panel):

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I created a thread on Twitter - "Sara and the Death of the Greys" - replete with screenshots and aimed at covering the pivotal appearances of Sara, her children, and her and Jean's parents. Please let me know if I've missed something. This thread threatened to make me tear up a few times, but I managed not to. (Well, maybe I did a little when I included the following two pictures in the final tweet ("In Memory of") of the thread. (Oddly enough, it was cathartic for me. I realized that there was and is life there...)

Thread Link: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...94583221800974
    Very nice!

Btw there is this...I'm not sure if you count it since it's more of a mention than an appearance, but at the end of the "Days of Future Present" story, Rachel/Phoenix recounts how she learned of Jean/Phoenix telekinetically rebuilding Sara's body after the incident with Attuma (Bizarre Adventures #27), and used that to do the same to Cyclops and Invisble Woman to undo them being turned into hounds by Ahab.

Very nice!

Btw there is this...I'm not sure if you count it since it's more of a mention than an appearance, but at the end of the "Days of Future Present" story, Rachel/Phoenix recounts how she learned of Jean/Phoenix telekinetically rebuilding Sara's body after the incident with Attuma (Bizarre Adventures #27), and used that to do the same to Cyclops and Invisble Woman to undo them being turned into hounds by Ahab.

I love that they referenced Bizzare Adventures #27. Thank you for sharing this. It's a great find!

On a side note, I think what haunts me most about having gathered all of these scenes and moments with Jean's family is realizing how long they have been a part of her comic book mythos. Jean first mentioned her sister back in 1966 and her parents first appeared in 1963/1964! It made me ache for her. Of course, it didn't help that she looked so cute in those panels, with her innocent, beady little eyes, lol.

omfg. Louise and Walter were not having it.

No lies were told

BANNED

Don't make me defend Maddy of almost all characters. She is a separate person.

That said, I wish Maddy would get a life.

Or actually on second thought, it would be great if she could get what she wants and steal Cyclops and Emma away from Jean. That way Jean can get more than two panels per year talking to/about other characters besides those 3 nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No lies were told
    None at all

Fantastic Member

Truer words have never been spoken.... sorry pre-inferno Maddy fans.