Page 494 of 719 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Because it’s morally wrong in Jean’s eyes to do that? Not to mention how much Jean values her own autonomy. She would be incredibly hypocritical to violate another person’s right to feel however they wish, unless the circumstances were extreme.

There is no way in hell Jean would ever trust Madelyne of all people to do anything. This is Jean’s reaction the last time she heard that Madelyne was alive.

The next time after this, Jean was building power for an all-out psychic attack no-holding back. Jean was ready to kill Madelyne the first chance she got.
    Just because Maddie was ready to sacrifice young cable to demonic powers that doesn’t make her a bad mother, she did it for her very own good reasons and I’m sure if Jean were to overlook Maddie’s maternal faux pass she would discover all the wonderful things they have in common + plus they could swap guard robe.
    Joey & Galen could learn maddie’s brand of demonic magic and proceed to resurrect their mother on their own if they really want to.
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-04-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Posting this again so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

Imagine trying to explain to two children who know they are capable of coming back why the mutant society won’t do the same for their mother. That would be just heartbreaking.
    Then again, this is assuming that editorial would stick to Sara not being a mutant. However, I would love it if they adopted Claremont's idea for Sara, which was to reveal that she was, indeed, a mutant and her power was to activate the powers of other mutants.

Claremont then proposed to Jim Shooter that when Jean Grey had returned Sara to normal, that she had also switched on Sara’s latent mutant genes. Sara’s power would be that when she came into close proximity with a latent mutant, that person’s mutant abilities would manifest, allowing X-Factor to locate mutants more easily. [Although he did not mention it, this would also have been a narrative link to Rachel Summers’ history as a “hound” in the dystopian future of “Days of Future Past” (1981).]
    source: https://www.comicsbeat.com/alternati...ght-have-been/

However, I would adjust Sara's power, adding an ability to also temporarily deactivate a mutant's powers, which would make her a formidable asset. Nevertheless, they could work out a way to bring her and her children back.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It would be good for her character to have those kind of dialogues. Talking about the possibility of resurrecting the kids, but at the same time wondering if is not the right choice. Even if the final decision is to not resurrect them, I just want to see Jean talking about them and her parents. Let Jean have just one moment to remember her family.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Just because Maddie was ready to sacrifice young cable to demonic powers that doesn’t make her a bad mother, she did it for her very own good reasons and I’m sure if Jean were to overlook Maddie’s maternal faux pass she would discover all the wonderful things they have in common + plus they could swap guard robe.
    Joey & Galen could learn maddie’s brand of demonic magic and proceed to resurrect their mother on their own if they really want to.
    Lmao! No joke. That is legitimately funny. “I’m sure if Jean were to overlook the fact that Maddie was gonna murder her son to demonic lords who sought to plunge the world into a living hell and kill Jean and the X-Men in her vengeance, she would see what a wonderful mother she is.

Killing your child is the exact definition of a bad mother. You can have the best reason in the world, where you are saving thousands, but at the end of the day, you are still killing your child to perform that deed. It is not taking care of or helping the child in any way. You are a hero to the people, but you still aren’t taking care of your child.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Posting this again so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

Then again, this is assuming that editorial would stick to Sara not being a mutant. However, I would love it if they adopted Claremont's idea for Sara, which was to reveal that she was, indeed, a mutant and her power was to activate the powers of other mutants.
    …..but mutants can activate their powers on their own, maybe she could cater to inhumans, I hear they can’t get it up without sniffing alien crystals
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Lmao! No joke. That is legitimately funny. “I’m sure if Jean were to overlook the fact that Maddie was gonna murder her son to demonic lords who sought to plunge the world into a living hell and kill Jean and the X-Men in her vengeance, she would see what a wonderful mother she is.

Killing your child is the exact definition of a bad mother. You can have the best reason in the world, where you are saving thousands, but at the end of the day, you are still killing your child to perform that deed. It is not taking care of or helping the child in any way. You are a hero to the people, but you still aren’t taking care of your child.
    I blame facebook for this, suddenly people feel the need to know everything about everyone…… I won’t judge maddie, I’m sure she did the best she could

I blame facebook for this, suddenly people feel the need to know everything about everyone…… I won’t judge maddie, I’m sure she did the best she could
    Lol. I will say this. She was insane when she nearly did that to Cable, having an absolute mental breakdown about her life being a lie. She gets no brownie points as a mother, but she gets sympathy from the fandom.

Lol. I will say this. She was insane when she nearly did that to Cable, having an absolute mental breakdown about her life being a lie. She gets no brownie points as a mother, but she gets sympathy from the fandom.
    …….Being dumped by your husband for a better you soon after giving birth to a baby you were supposed to generate due to a mad geneticist masterplan who specifically cloned you for that purpose alone, being assaulted in your house by mutant hunters and suffering amnesia due to head trauma + baby missing, add to the mix having a partially incomplete soul and being spiritually assaulted/seduced in your sleep by extra-dimensional demons and occult powers……

Maddie never had a chance

…….Being dumped by your husband for a better you soon after giving birth to a baby you were supposed to generate due to a mad geneticist masterplan who specifically cloned you for that purpose alone, being assaulted in your house by mutant hunters and suffering amnesia due to head trauma + baby missing, add to the mix having a partially incomplete soul and being spiritually assaulted/seduced in your sleep by extra-dimensional demons and occult powers……

Maddie never had a chance
    No, she didn’t. To be fair, she was not the best towards Scott, either in her treatment towards him. It was just a doom to her character the second they decided to bring Jean back into the picture.

…..but mutants can activate their powers on their own, maybe she could cater to inhumans, I hear they can’t get it up without sniffing alien crystals
    I think Claremont proposed that she could activate mutants' abilities before they manifested naturally, thereby allowing her to discover them. It would have been an interesting direction in which to take her character.

BANNED

No, she didn’t. To be fair, she was not the best towards Scott, either in her treatment towards him. It was just a doom to her character the second they decided to bring Jean back into the picture.
    It didn't HAVE TO be her doom. Just like they could allow Maddy to do something else now besides tired revenge plots but a wombo combo of sexism and traditionalism keeps her from growing and realizing more of her potential...just like Jean.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-04-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Lol she was batshit crazy, imagine how peculiar for the twins to get magic training + life advice by that hot mess of a aunt…………. Think about the type of relationship Valeria has with Doom…….. nothing harmful just awkward fun.

I would love to see Sara Grey be brought back. Even if she wasn't a mutant why can't she still exist within the Phalanx? I'm not a creative writer type so I don't know if that is lame or not. I know they assimilate things and are kind of like the Borg right? It has been awhile since I've read the Phalanx Covenant.

We do need Jean's niece and nephew to be brought back and it is good when we remind creators that they were hinted at being mutants on multiple occasions. We just need to wait until a creator wants to tell a Jean centric story and not one focusing on Wolverine, Cyclops, or whomever else.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would love to see Sara Grey be brought back. Even if she wasn't a mutant why can't she still exist within the Phalanx? I'm not a creative writer type so I don't know if that is lame or not. I know they assimilate things and are kind of like the Borg right? It has been awhile since I've read the Phalanx Covenant.
    Is the Phalanx still around?

We do need Jean's niece and nephew to be brought back and it is good when we remind creators that they were hinted at being mutants on multiple occasions. We just need to wait until a creator wants to tell a Jean centric story and not one focusing on Wolverine, Cyclops, or whomever else.
    All of this.

Art that captivated me today:

Dark Phoenix by Adam Kubert:

Dark Phoenix by Matías Bergara: