Page 5 of 199 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2974
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Depends on how you define "her year".

    If just going "CYKE!", "NATHAN!" and sucking at doing anything besides calling people on her mind-phone is something to look forward to, AND I THINK IT IS, 2021 will most likely be her year. To be honest, she's going to be supporting her husband's X-Men team and raising her kids, so what more could you want from a 20-something space-goddess superhero? All you Jean fans care about is FEATZ.
    "her year'= showing up on comics.. It's been a thing since 2018.

    Featz is nice sometimes, to see the character in full capacity is great.

    It's weird that jean doesn't has her own Story arc yet, being mom is not characterization

    I think Jean is not over on X-force, the fall out on Beast stuff will happen and she will probably get involved

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    "her year'= showing up on comics.. It's been a thing since 2018.

    Featz is nice sometimes, to see the character in full capacity is great.

    It's weird that jean doesn't has her own Story arc yet, being mom is not characterization

    I think Jean is not over on X-force, the fall out on Beast stuff will happen and she will probably get involved
    Yeah it's kind of been a thing since her Resurrection. Jean has really lacked a prominent story arc. I would love to have an issue or two focus on Jean's feelings about Krakoa, the amnesty, and the QC.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    "her year'= showing up on comics.. It's been a thing since 2018.

    Featz is nice sometimes, to see the character in full capacity is great.

    It's weird that jean doesn't has her own Story arc yet, being mom is not characterization

    I think Jean is not over on X-force, the fall out on Beast stuff will happen and she will probably get involved
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah it's kind of been a thing since her Resurrection. Jean has really lacked a prominent story arc. I would love to have an issue or two focus on Jean's feelings about Krakoa, the amnesty, and the QC.
    I'm liking the realization that Jean is a mom -- it would be a lost opportunity on the writer's part if they fail to build upon the ready-made, genetic familial unit (Sorry Hope but your genetically a Spalding ) that literally spans reality, time and space.
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-04-2021 at 12:20 PM.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,391

    Default

    Jean did have a story arc in X-Force. Understanding that something like X-Force is needed, but doesn't suit her nature, was a plot/development. It aligns with her stance in X-Men, where she wants to be part of something more traditional.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-04-2021 at 12:51 PM.

  5. #65
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean did have a story arc in X-Force. Understand that something like X-Force is needed, but doesn't suit her nature, was a plot/development. It aligns with her stance in X-Men, where she wants to be part of something more traditional.
    which is in character for her. I loved Percy's writing for her but it never made sense for her to be in X-Force and thats something most of us called out when the DOX books were announced. There was always an inner struggle there as X-Force's concept conflicts with many of Jean's core values and ultimately she had to be true to herself and leave bc of that.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean did have a story arc in X-Force. Understand that something like X-Force is needed, but doesn't suit her nature, was a plot/development. It aligns with her stance in X-Men, where she wants to be part of something more traditional.
    Yup. This has been Jean's arc in X-force. She recognizes why X-force is needed and the importance of the work but the work and what has to be done doesn't always sit well with her. She wants to do something more heroic... like being in the X-men. I loved Jean being on the Quiet Council and a member of X-force but now it is time to move on to the next thing..

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean did have a story arc in X-Force. Understanding that something like X-Force is needed, but doesn't suit her nature, was a plot/development. It aligns with her stance in X-Men, where she wants to be part of something more traditional.
    It was badly executed and not a arc at all. I don't even understand why she thought it was a good idea form a mutant CIA. Cia is basically torture and coups (I don't think it is needed at all). Of course she would end up getting out of it, if we stick to her characterization.

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I liked the attitude of this Jean

    a1441a97aaa82c2cb1dfbb36395e94a9.jpg

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member johnnysv75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah it's kind of been a thing since her Resurrection. Jean has really lacked a prominent story arc. I would love to have an issue or two focus on Jean's feelings about Krakoa, the amnesty, and the QC.
    I have re-read X-Men Red several times. Jean is so awesome in that book, and somehow every time I start to read it I get happy and hopeful when it comes to her future - even though I know the book was cancelled because Marvel had other plans for Jean. The things this version of Jean could have done if Red hadn’t been cancelled ...

  10. #70
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    "AIPT: X-Fan Phoenix from Virginia said it looks like Jean Grey left the intelligence side of X-Force. Will she still be a prominent player in the team? Or will she just be guesting here and there?

    Ben: I love writing Jean, so stay tuned."
    This almost reads as if he is planning to continue writing her in something other than X-Force.

    Could also mean that she is gone for now, but he has plans to bring her back in at some point.

    Could also mean of course, that she'll not actually be leaving the X-Force book for any time at all.

    I like Percy and it's cool to have a writer that is interested in Jean. That is such a rare thing, so I want to see him write her as much as possible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Get her a solo book
    I fricken wish.

    Get Percy to write it with Mike del Mundo, Stephanie Hans, or RB Silva on art.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-04-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  11. #71
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It was badly executed and not a arc at all. I don't even understand why she thought it was a good idea form a mutant CIA. Cia is basically torture and coups (I don't think it is needed at all). Of course she would end up getting out of it, if we stick to her characterization.
    Jean wasn't the one that came up with the idea to create X-Force though, Charles was. He basically instructed her to be there to try and keep the people who actually were a part of it morally grounded, but she realized that doing so meant that she had to bastardize her own morals and ethics so she quit. I'm still convinced (and will be until it's contradicted on the page) that it was either Jean's idea to reform the X-Men or it was both hers and Scott's. Scott seemed content to continue his job as Captain Commander up til XoS while Jean was the one realizing that while X-Force did necessary work (when Beast wasn't being a supervillain) it wasn't what the people of Krakoa needed. Reforming the X-Men with this mission statement is SUCH a Jean move.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I have re-read X-Men Red several times. Jean is so awesome in that book, and somehow every time I start to read it I get happy and hopeful when it comes to her future - even though I know the book was cancelled because Marvel had other plans for Jean. The things this version of Jean could have done if Red hadn’t been cancelled ...
    X-men: Red was a good arc for Jean. It was too short, it should had played for some years. The writer really build it fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean wasn't the one that came up with the idea to create X-Force though, Charles was. He basically instructed her to be there to try and keep the people who actually were a part of it morally grounded, but she realized that doing so meant that she had to bastardize her own morals and ethics so she quit. I'm still convinced (and will be until it's contradicted on the page) that it was either Jean's idea to reform the X-Men or it was both hers and Scott's. Scott seemed content to continue his job as Captain Commander up til XoS while Jean was the one realizing that while X-Force did necessary work (when Beast wasn't being a supervillain) it wasn't what the people of Krakoa needed. Reforming the X-Men with this mission statement is SUCH a Jean move.
    So Charles wanted Jean to be the moral ground, while leaving Beast do very amoral things.
    Well it was probably Scott idea, he was the one showing some discomfort since X-men #1. Jean seemed to get aong very well on Krakoa and QC. For some reason he still keeps the Captain Commander position and he shouldn't.
    Jean is also forgetting that X-force shouldn't be a immoral secret and Krakoa needs is a oerall reform, only the x-men is lost her time
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-04-2021 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #73
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    X-Men Red was indeed a very good arc to understand Jean at that moment of her life and see her reconnect with the world. And what a reconnection it was!
    I love how the series showed her natural empathy, how you could be kind without looking stupid, and seeng her as the leader I always thought she was filled my heart with joy.
    My only complain was about the costume, but that's my own horrible relationship with shoulderpads!

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    X-Men Red was indeed a very good arc to understand Jean at that moment of her life and see her reconnect with the world. And what a reconnection it was!
    I love how the series showed her natural empathy, how you could be kind without looking stupid, and seeng her as the leader I always thought she was filled my heart with joy.
    My only complain was about the costume, but that's my own horrible relationship with shoulderpads!
    Me too… X-Men Red showed a matured woman who was less in the seduction — a lot of time, she is just there as a beautiful plant  — and more in the responsability. Jean Grey had years of experience to give credibility to her and was really an actor in this run.

    In Dark Phoenix, she was a major player but without the kindness…

  15. #75

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •