Page 500 of 719 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10783
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's the best argument against the PF or rather, Jean hosting the PF, I've ever read.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, what a great Mansion Wear outfit!
    Yes. It's a delicious fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    "Marvel Mama" was so 60's, lol! I only heard Jean referenced as that the one time by the Falcon.
    I think I'm petitioning for a new codename...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    On this matter, I think the best way to determine the path Jean will be walking in regards to leadership if interviews are broaching worry is to look at what the source material portrays. It’s only two issues, but it is something...

I’m pretty sure telling Rogue to do a fly-by is not her call to make if she were not a co-leader. Or telling the X-Men to meet her at the plane.

If Jean has to defer to Cyclops leadership, she is stepping out-of-line a lot and getting no lip from Scott about her overstepping, which given their relationship, would not bother her to be told to step back. She would know he is the leader and would gladly allow him to take the reins if this was the dynamic. This should especially come into play when Jean says that they have to change plans all of a sudden.

It looks to be as Jordan described. We will get moments where they individually take the lead, which is shown how neither veto each other’s commands to the team and with how often the team defers to them about an idea being okay.
    Thank you for your insight, love. You said it better than I could. <3

The End also had that cool costume for Jean and some powerful imagery too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's the best argument against the PF or rather, Jean hosting the PF, I've ever read.
    What argument? The pages from The End?

Also, HAPPY 500TH PAGE, JEAN AND FANS!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What argument? The pages from The End?
    The ones with her and Wolverine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The ones with her and Wolverine.
    Ah, ok. 😂l

I do it all for fans like you, love! ❤️

She should have. Still, I would probably let Spidey kiss me, too. Did you catch her little smirk in the last panel?
    In the man's view, the woman loves to be ''harassed''. Wolvie from the beginning does this to her.
    If spider man had more hair, maybe haha

Also, HAPPY 500TH PAGE, JEAN AND FANS!

Yes indeed!

Beautiful Phoenix image!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Actually, you very much can. And it seems that you choose to do the latter when it comes to Jean quite often. But, then again, you admit this yourself:

It's good that you admit it.

Thank you for posting this article in the above links:

White seems to make sure to underscore that they are leading the team together and speaks nothing of Scott being the "Commander and Chief" or of Jean only being a leader if he "chooses to defer to her." Then again, this isn't the first time you've mischaracterized White's words to undermine Jean. Nevertheless, never forget who Hickman gave such a pivotal moment to... who actually said the words:

Oh, it certainly says a lot. It says that no matter what Emma has been given to do in no matter how many books, people are simply not that interested in her, past or present, to be honest. In fact, I've seen quite a few people complain about her being shoehorned into every storyline. Keep in mind, I have shared no opinion on the matter. In either case, the queens of this board are Storm and Jean. As it should be, quite frankly. It's great that Emma is getting her spot in the limelight - she's gotten it before - but I wouldn't consider that a sign of anything other than Hickman being fond of her.

Interesting that you belittle "reposting old art and scans of good moments from the past" when you pine for her to be thrown back into a 45-year-old suit, lol. I do apologize if I'm being harsh, but I have been told by more than one member in private that there are stealth Jean detractors who post in here pretending to be fans. When I was first told that, I laughed and thought, "You're crazy!"...

...I'm starting to believe it.
    I’m going to say we are individuals with our own coping mechanisms. I love seeing scans if Jean from the past. We cannot control what Marvel writes but we can control our actions. We can discuss whatever we want to about Jean.

BANNED

I would too. The would make a compelling couple.

She is leading a team and doing new things with her powers. Furthermore, it's too soon to assume whether or not she will have "an important plot" dedicated to her. As for her wearing the Phoenix costume, I'd much rather she wear something new, which I think will happen soon. Probably sooner than you think...

Sometimes I wonder if you really are a fan of Jean, lol. Granted, I haven't been here as long as you have, so I don't know how much time you've spent here lifting her up as a character, but it seems like whenever you have anything substantial to say, it centers on putting her down. I'm just pointing out something I've repeatedly observed over the course of the few months I have been here.

To be clear, she founded the new team - something Hickman wrote her doing - and she'll be just fine doing what she's doing and moving on to whatever it is they have planned for her next. As for Emma's "reign" during this era, I would kindly ask you to compare the views and replies of her thread to this one... Food for thought.
    People’s real lives affect how they perceive things, even in how they are able to interact with others and their perspective.

But I don’t think you and the other poster even really disagree with each other. You’re both upset than Jean is barely portrayed these days compared you how she was in the past. Kitty &Piotr would rather bash tgus, while you would like to post past scans.

But get this. Neither of you are wrong to do what you’re doing. The issue is none of are Jean Grey. We can’t mind control Marvel into making Jean a leading character if they don’t want to. It doesn’t mean we have to like what they’re doing, though. So if you want to cope by posting scans, great. If Kitty & Piotr wants to come by bashing absurd recent portrays and a horrible green dress it looks like she purchase from the 99 cent store, great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Technically, yes, but it depends on Scott’s feelings. Though he and Wolverine had a heated rivalry and sometimes disdain for each other, there was always a mutual understanding that the way Jean feels about Logan doesn’t change how she feels for Scott. I ain’t saying it didn’t bother Scott, but Scott was fully aware and had digested Jean’s feelings for Logan a long time ago. Bishop is a new development, so who knows what that would do to Scott’s feelings.

So Scott was okay w/ Jean telling him Logan had a special place in her heart.
    I mean as a friend it makes sense, but was he seems way too cool with it imo

Extraordinary Member

Why, now, here I go again posting moments from the glory days. I simply can't help myself!

Jean and Scarlet teaming up against Daredevil. :chef's kiss: From Avengers #111:

From Marvel Team-Up #4:

Spidey and red-heads.Man risked it all.
    Although if this was published today Spidey would be in a lot of trouble.

For what it's worth seems Jean did like the kiss.

Now I'm wondering how Logan would react to this being buddies w/ Spidey and all.Would he be kinda angry or Krakoa style invite him over for a night w/Jean.
    This just got way too fanfic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    People’s real lives affect how they perceive things, even in how they are able to interact with others and their perspective.

But I don’t think you and the other poster even really disagree with each other. You’re both upset than Jean is barely portrayed these days compared you how she was in the past. Kitty &Piotr would rather bash tgus, while you would like to post past scans.

But get this. Neither of you are wrong to do what you’re doing. The issue is none of are Jean Grey. We can’t mind control Marvel into making Jean a leading character if they don’t want to. It doesn’t mean we have to like what they’re doing, though. So if you want to cope by posting scans, great. If Kitty & Piotr wants to come by bashing absurd recent portrays and a horrible green dress it looks like she purchase from the 99 cent store, great.
    I never said people shouldn't post scans lol.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, you very much can. And it seems that you choose to do the latter when it comes to Jean quite often. But, then again, you admit this yourself:

It's good that you admit it.

Thank you for posting this article in the above links:

White seems to make sure to underscore that they are leading the team together and speaks nothing of Scott being the "Commander and Chief" or of Jean only being a leader if he "chooses to defer to her." Then again, this isn't the first time you've mischaracterized White's words to undermine Jean. Nevertheless, never forget who Hickman gave such a pivotal moment to... who actually said the words:

Oh, it certainly says a lot. It says that no matter what Emma has been given to do in no matter how many books, people are simply not that interested in her, past or present, to be honest. In fact, I've seen quite a few people complain about her being shoehorned into every storyline. Keep in mind, I have shared no opinion on the matter. In either case, the queens of this board are Storm and Jean. As it should be, quite frankly. It's great that Emma is getting her spot in the limelight - she's gotten it before - but I wouldn't consider that a sign of anything other than Hickman being fond of her.

Interesting that you belittle "reposting old art and scans of good moments from the past" when you pine for her to be thrown back into a 45-year-old suit, lol. I do apologize if I'm being harsh, but I have been told by more than one member in private that there are stealth Jean detractors who post in here pretending to be fans. When I was first told that, I laughed and thought, "You're crazy!"...

...I'm starting to believe it.
    Just for the leader thing, I think Scott is doing more of that because Jean is the telepath keeping them all in synch, communication.Also mentoring Synch.Also Omega level telepath and alpha level TK(I assume via feats) she just has too much.Scott does have the tactical planning and optic beams so they may want to give him a couple more lines when leading.