Page 501 of 719 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In the man's view, the woman loves to be ''harassed''. Wolvie from the beginning does this to her.
    If spider man had more hair, maybe haha
    Don't even get me started on this, especially as it pertains to the Dark Phoenix Saga...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spidey and red-heads.Man risked it all.
    Although if this was published today Spidey would be in a lot of trouble.

For what it's worth seems Jean did like the kiss.

Now I'm wondering how Logan would react to this being buddies w/ Spidey and all.Would he be kinda angry or Krakoa style invite him over for a night w/Jean.
    This just got way too fanfic
    lol. Funny thing is, Scott got really pissed about Warren flirting with Jean in the same issue! As for Logan, he'd probably be pissed.

Just for the leader thing, I think Scott is doing more of that because Jean is the telepath keeping them all in synch, communication.Also mentoring Synch.Also Omega level telepath and alpha level TK(I assume via feats) she just has too much.Scott does have the tactical planning and optic beams so they may want to give him a couple more lines when leading.
    Preach.

AH! Where are these from??? I need to know! 😭😭😭😭😭

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    AH! Where are these from??? I need to know! 😭😭😭😭😭

X of Swords. The last one. That's when Jean lead the mutants to the otherworld to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    X of Swords. The last one. That's when Jean lead the mutants to the otherworld to save the day.
    Thanks for reminding me! I read this issue, too. My memory is terrible, though.

Love this piece by J. Scott Campbell:

So Scott was okay w/ Jean telling him Logan had a special place in her heart.
    I mean as a friend it makes sense, but was he seems way too cool with it imo
    Agreed. I mean, back in the 80’s, this wasn’t the case, since we do see Scott has had fights with Logan when it came to Jean and was visibly disturbed when Jean went with a close to death Logan. And later on, Scott still does show disapproving look about it and does fight with Logan about Jean. Just not in front of Jean herself.

It’s more or less in front of Jean that Scott does not confront or even show issue with it. Granted, in this instance, he is clearly comforting her….but he never does confront her about it. As far as I can remember, anyway. I think I’m more of the mindset that at this point, it’s too late make any fuss about. Back then though, it is very strange.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 09-06-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Scott has acknowledged how Jean feels about Logsn before...this is from X-Mem #28 (the iconic thrashing of Sabertooth issue)

I often reference this issue (and issue #24) whenever the mess that Morrison made of their marriage comes up in discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Scott has acknowledged how Jean feels about Logsn before...this is from X-Mem #28 (the iconic thrashing of Sabertooth issue)

I often reference this issue (and issue #24) whenever the mess that Morrison made of their marriage comes up in discussion
    Oh yes, I forgot about that conversation as well……that response from Scott is supposed to read as resigned I suppose, but I honestly can’t read any other way after House of X. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Agreed! A long-form article focused on this would be poignant, informative, and fascinating.

I'm not sure I've read that Byrne wanted her dead, though Claremont and others have confirmed that he was instrumental in the former scaling her appearances down. It's no secret that Byrne was not a fan of Phoenix - he has admitted as much - because he felt she "overshadowed" the team. Also, I do remember reading somewhere (I can't remember where) that Claremont never included notes/directions to indicate that the planet that was destroyed after Dark Phoenix consumed the sun be populated. I distinctly remember Claremont admitting that he was surprised to see that detail when he received Byrne's pages. Additionally, I rewatched the Claremont documentary on Amazon Prime, and apparently, it was Louise Simonson who wrote the caption to that scene specifying that the D'Bari perished.

Also, thank you for reminding me of the line about Thor. And to think, that was all Jean's power, i.e., the Phoenix Force didn't increase her power; it expanded and deepened her "perception of how those powers work."
    I haven't read this entire thread. I'm not going to live long enough to do so at this point. 500 pages? No chance. But this is the first time I've ever come across any attribution to Weezie for writing any part of Chris's scripts for the X-Men. I don't expect to change any minds here. It's clear from recent history (I mean genuine history; not comics continuity) that facts don't really alter entrenched opinions. But I offer these thoughts to anyone who hasn't already made up their minds about the matter. The truth is that Weezie did not write (let me repeat that - did NOT write) anything related to the death of the D'Bari in the X-Men at the hands of Phoenix. That's simply untrue. Her first issue as editor on the book was X-Men 137; the well known Death of Phoenix double issue. That issue is co-credited to both Jim Salicrup, who had been editing the book before Weezie joined Marvel, and to Weezie (Louise Jones). She was handed that partially finished book as her first issue editing the X-Men. So Weezie wasn't working for Marvel when Chris and John were creating the X-Men issues including the D'Bari scene prior to 137. She went to work for Marvel the first working day of 1980, January 2nd. Chris came into her office early on to show her the lettered and finished pages including that particular scene because he knew she was taking over the book by then. That probably didn't happen her first day in the office, but it would have happened early in her time at Marvel and it wasn't an issue she had anything to do with other than looking at it. Chris and John were already working X-Men 137 when she started. Hence the co-editorial credit with Salicrup. All the writing was always Chris's.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

What Jean felt about Logan (pre-Krakoa):

Scott and Jean shared a rapport and Scott understood that she felt attracted to Logan but her love for him was not romantic. She had a space in his heart for him, like Ororo has. It was actually easier for him to understand it because Jean always felt guilty about it. Here's another scene showing that Scott understood her:

Really: this stuff was well-established and dealt with in the 90s. Even Logan understood his place:

Of course, Scott didn't like it. Most people wouldn't. But he understood and accepted her. His jealousy and insecurity are part of the experiences he went through before he even met Jean. But he's also a rational man and knew he had no actual *reason* to feel that way because he also knew how Jean felt for him - Scott.

I've recently shared some of the many passionate kisses between Jean and Scott in their appreciation. On top of their rapport and knowing each other forever, that's just one more reason why that man didn't have to worry about his girlfriend/wife. I won't share them here because some people really dislikes the couple and I don't want to annoy anyone. But if you want to check it out, it's here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5718273

I'm going back to my corner now. o/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread. I'm not going to live long enough to do so at this point. 500 pages? No chance. But this is the first time I've ever come across any attribution to Weezie for writing any part of Chris's scripts for the X-Men. I don't expect to change any minds here. It's clear from recent history (I mean genuine history; not comics continuity) that facts don't really alter entrenched opinions. But I offer these thoughts to anyone who hasn't already made up their minds about the matter. The truth is that Weezie did not write (let me repeat that - did NOT write) anything related to the death of the D'Bari in the X-Men at the hands of Phoenix. That's simply untrue. Her first issue as editor on the book was X-Men 137; the well known Death of Phoenix double issue. That issue is co-credited to both Jim Salicrup, who had been editing the book before Weezie joined Marvel, and to Weezie (Louise Jones). She was handed that partially finished book as her first issue editing the X-Men. So Weezie wasn't working for Marvel when Chris and John were creating the X-Men issues including the D'Bari scene prior to 137. She went to work for Marvel the first working day of 1980, January 2nd. Chris came into her office early on to show her the lettered and finished pages including that particular scene because he knew she was taking over the book by then. That probably didn't happen her first day in the office, but it would have happened early in her time at Marvel and it wasn't an issue she had anything to do with other than looking at it. Chris and John were already working X-Men 137 when she started. Hence the co-editorial credit with Salicrup. All the writing was always Chris's.
    Thanks for stopping in, legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    The truth is that Weezie did not write (let me repeat that - did NOT write) anything related to the death of the D'Bari in the X-Men at the hands of Phoenix. That's simply untrue.
    EDIT: Corrected. See post below.

Link to full documentary (it's age-restricted, so you have to sign in to YouTube to watch): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE9d_loB-I8

Trailer:
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-07-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Also, did I actually just reply to the real Walter Simonson...? If so...

/dead

Out of respect, I actually just skimmed through the documentary to find Louise's quote. It seems I may have misquoted her. The quote begins at 14 minutes and 30 seconds:

And I read [this sounds like "wrote"] this caption and it said, 'The asparagus people screamed and zillions of them fried,' and I said, 'Chris she's a hero, you can't have her kill all these people."
    I feel so embarrassed! 😂 Admittedly, I was listening to this documentary, which played in the background, as I finished some work. It really did/does sound like Louise said, "And I wrote this caption," but what she says after clearly contradicts that. Thank you for pointing out my error! I urge others to watch the documentary and this moment specifically to see/hear what I am referring to.

Sorry!

First, central, undeniable. The icon, the legend, the blueprint...