Page 502 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    What Jean felt about Logan (pre-Krakoa):

Scott and Jean shared a rapport and Scott understood that she felt attracted to Logan but her love for him was not romantic. She had a space in his heart for him, like Ororo has. It was actually easier for him to understand it because Jean always felt guilty about it. Here's another scene showing that Scott understood her:

Really: this stuff was well-established and dealt with in the 90s. Even Logan understood his place:

Of course, Scott didn't like it. Most people wouldn't. But he understood and accepted her. His jealousy and insecurity are part of the experiences he went through before he even met Jean. But he's also a rational man and knew he had no actual *reason* to feel that way because he also knew how Jean felt for him - Scott.

I've recently shared some of the many passionate kisses between Jean and Scott in their appreciation. On top of their rapport and knowing each other forever, that's just one more reason why that man didn't have to worry about his girlfriend/wife. I won't share them here because some people really dislikes the couple and I don't want to annoy anyone. But if you want to check it out, it's here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5718273

I'm going back to my corner now. o/
    I hope you have nice, comfortable furnishings there. Lol!

Very good stuff. I know a lot about X-Men, but my brain can’t contain everything. It’s a good refresher.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    ...I've recently shared some of the many passionate kisses between Jean and Scott in their appreciation. On top of their rapport and knowing each other forever, that's just one more reason why that man didn't have to worry about his girlfriend/wife. I won't share them here because some people really dislikes the couple and I don't want to annoy anyone...
    Chile, please.

I may lean towards wanting Jean to be single (for various reasons), but I can appreciate a few good kisses and her poignant history with Slim.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I hope you have nice, comfortable furnishings there. Lol!

Very good stuff. I know a lot about X-Men, but my brain can’t contain everything. It’s a good refresher.
    No problem. No one can remember everything. Besides, I don't know about you, but my memory is a mystery: it often amazes me the stuff I remember *and* stuff I forget! :D

That's why I think it's nice to share.

And yes: my corner is pretty comfy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Chile, please.

I may lean towards wanting Jean to be single (for various reasons), but I can appreciate a few good kisses and her poignant history with Slim. :p
    Sure. I understand.

I never hid I'm a fan of the couple, but I didn't want to annoy anyone who isn't. I normally keep all the gushing on that thread for this reason. :)

Jean Grey by Tyler Cairns

335A1F40-7B52-475E-BBC5-3E1627DFEAA3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Very cool! Also, I was born and raised in the Bronx!

Max Wittert is amazing 😂

Max Wittert is amazing ��

LOL, Dark Phoenix returns over Red Bottoms
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Max Wittert is amazing ��

Haha! LOVE it!!

No way!!! Where?!?! Imagine if we know each other?

Very cool! Also, I was born and raised in the Bronx!
    No way! Where? I wonder if we probably met or know each other?

No way!!! Where?!?! Imagine if we know each other?
    166th and Grand Concourse. You?

166th and Grand Concourse. You?
    170th Grand Concourse. Whoa!

170th Grand Concourse. Whoa!
    Haha! Small world ;p

I'm in love with this...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Technically, yes, but it depends on Scott’s feelings. Though he and Wolverine had a heated rivalry and sometimes disdain for each other, there was always a mutual understanding that the way Jean feels about Logan doesn’t change how she feels for Scott. I ain’t saying it didn’t bother Scott, but Scott was fully aware and had digested Jean’s feelings for Logan a long time ago. Bishop is a new development, so who knows what that would do to Scott’s feelings.

Ugh, I have ALWAYS hated this particular moment I get why it happened, but it is the epitome of everything wrong with how writer portray male characters and female characters. Jean is exhausting the whole of her telekinetic powers, keeping Wolverine in one piece, yet somehow she still needs a dying Wolverine to save her from being casually thrown from the plane. A woman who can fly needs a dying man to help stop her from being sucked out of the death to her death...really?!

This is the perfect example of how Jean is predominantly used in contrast to her peers and love interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, I have ALWAYS hated this particular moment I get why it happened, but it is the epitome of everything wrong with how writer portray male characters and female characters. Jean is exhausting the whole of her telekinetic powers, keeping Wolverine in one piece, yet somehow she still needs a dying Wolverine to save her from being casually thrown from the plane. A woman who can fly needs a dying man to help stop her from being sucked out of the death to her death...really?!

This is the perfect example of how Jean is predominantly used in contrast to her peers and love interests.
    I am sincerely curious, was she really "exhausting the whole of her telekinetic powers"? In either case, this moment was certainly either lazily or sloppily (or both) written. It makes no sense, considering what she can do and could do back then.

I think what is so fascinating about Jean, and what has caused many of her fans both to love her and distress on her behalf, is that she has been written as both weak and dependent and strong and independent. She has swung to and dwelled on both sides of the pendulum and everywhere else in between. She's dichotomous that way. It would be one thing if she had always and consistently been written as weaker than or subservient to those around her, but she has not, which is why so many long for her to be depicted as she has been in her stronger and more independent moments.

I feel good about how Duggan is depicting her on X-Men. We're only two issues in, and I'm already looking forward to versus dreading what he's going to do with her next.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-08-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Grammar