Page 503 of 719 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, I have ALWAYS hated this particular moment I get why it happened, but it is the epitome of everything wrong with how writer portray male characters and female characters. Jean is exhausting the whole of her telekinetic powers, keeping Wolverine in one piece, yet somehow she still needs a dying Wolverine to save her from being casually thrown from the plane. A woman who can fly needs a dying man to help stop her from being sucked out of the death to her death...really?!

This is the perfect example of how Jean is predominantly used in contrast to her peers and love interests.
    You just made a contradiction. If Jean is exhausting her powers to keep him alive, why would she have enough to be able to fly? She is either exhausted or she isn’t.

I personally have no problem with her being saved. Jean can’t do everything and has saved him her own fair share of times to earn moments of weakness. It is what makes her human.

What I personally am not a fan of is how Wolverine comes out of it? I recognize a high stakes moment can be great, but I think some more emotional would have fit better instead. Maybe Jean inadvertently projecting her pain becomes something he notices or something like that.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 09-08-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Anthony Oliveira just substantiated my claim that Jean is younger than Emma and followed me...

I'm ascending.

He posted this panel as proof, btw:

Also, Werneck and Oliveira ✔️. Next, White, Larraz, and Duggan...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Anthony Oliveira just substantiated my claim that Jean is younger than Emma and followed me...

I'm ascending.

Huh. It’s not showing up for me.

I'm ascending.

Yes, in this panel, Jean had not yet turned 25. I believe by the time that Jean Phoenix died on the Moon (@7 issues later) they made Jean 25.

How old is Emma?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Also, Werneck and Oliveira ✔️. Next, White, Larraz, and Duggan...

The Power and Fury of the Phoenix!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Huh. It’s not showing up for me.
    It may have something to do with the fact that the Emma fan that was claiming Jean is older set their account to private after Anthony replied to our tweets. 😂 I believe Anthony deleted his tweet as a result. My original tweet, which Anthony liked, is still up, though, as is my thank you to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Power and Fury of the Phoenix!
    Hehe. Encountering other Jean fans, especially those currently working in the industry, gives me a special thrill. Anthony's also liked this thread, in which I quoted him, dedicated to Jean and Bobby and their "coming out" arc:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...59193855823872

I hope it doesn't come off as if I'm showboating. This is all in service of Jean and recognizing her as the iconic character that she is :P

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Does it really matter who is older?

Besides, they retcon it all the time. Xavier was said to be 41 in Morrison's run. So we was a psychiatrist at 22 when he met Gaby? Yeah, right. :D

Scott is not allowed to turn 30 (as if it mattered to a man who spent 12 years in the future), which would make New Mutants unable to drink legally? :D

Besides, Jean spent what? 4 years dead? Then 12 years in the future? Her mind should be 8 years older than what her ID says? But after being resurrected twice in a cloned body, what difference does it make?

Really, guys, age in Marvel comics is a mess! :D

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Besides, they retcon it all the time. Xavier was said to be 41 in Morrison's run. So we was a psychiatrist at 22 when he met Gaby? Yeah, right.

Scott is not allowed to turn 30 (as if it mattered to a man who spent 12 years in the future), which would make New Mutants unable to drink legally?

Besides, Jean spent what? 4 years dead? Then 12 years in the future? Her mind should be 8 years older than what her ID says? But after being resurrected twice in a cloned body, what difference does it make?

Really, guys, age in Marvel comics is a mess!

Plus the whole ressurection thing. Jean can have an 18 yr old husk with 50 year memory (including their time with cable, etc).... so ... discussion on mutant's age is moot.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Plus the whole ressurection thing. Jean can have an 18 yr old husk with 50 year memory (including their time with cable, etc).... so ... discussion on mutant's age is moot.
    I think it's certainly fun, but not something to take too seriously. :D

Marvel makes things absurd with this mandate that their heroes can't turn 30. What can we do, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Besides, they retcon it all the time. Xavier was said to be 41 in Morrison's run. So we was a psychiatrist at 22 when he met Gaby? Yeah, right.

Scott is not allowed to turn 30 (as if it mattered to a man who spent 12 years in the future), which would make New Mutants unable to drink legally?

Really, guys, age in Marvel comics is a mess!
    lmao. So true. Fans - definitely including myself here - can be so petty and unrealistic.

I may lean towards wanting Jean to be single (for various reasons), but I can appreciate a few good kisses and her poignant history with Slim.
    And notice how much they talk while kissing… it’s a performance…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And notice how much they talk while kissing… it’s a performance…

BANNED

Meh, for me the Jean/Scott romance will forever be undermined by the fact that editorial decided that just having her around was undermining Cyclops' masculinity, and that they needed to replace her with a more subservient, teen fantasy type girlfriend that wouldn't be liable to cuckold him at any moment with a certain hairy midget. Can't really hit the reset button on that whole thing, especially given how long it went on for.