Page 51 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Strong women characters are doing well in the MCU. Better days are ahead for Jean Grey. She will become Phoenix again. I also think that’s a reason why she’s moving forward to different Marvel Girl and plain Jean Grey costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Strong women characters are doing well in the MCU. Better days are ahead for Jean Grey. She will become Phoenix again. I also think that’s a reason why she’s moving forward to different Marvel Girl and plain Jean Grey costumes.
    This is true, I’m from the future so you can trust me, it’s going to happen any moment now......also.... I’m a nigerian prince, I’ll tell you more about my story by e-mail!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is true, I’m from the future so you can trust me, it’s going to happen any moment now......also.... I’m a nigerian prince, I’ll tell you more about my story by e-mail!
    ....of course with the necessary and required $50,000 American funds because: a) your Visa is being held and b)you need to pay for your rent; c) hospital bills and d)port charges before you can fly here. LOL!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ....of course with the necessary and required $50,000 American funds because: a) your Visa is being held and b)you need to pay for your rent; c) hospital bills and d)port charges before you can fly here. LOL!
    Oooh my! How did you know, are you from the future as well?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Oooh my! How did you know, are you from the future as well?
    Ahahahaha. Why yes, yes I am from the future! the 31st Century to be exact.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Seriously, I would love a new X-Men cartoon! I miss seeing all of my favorite characters on television.

Seriously, I would love a new X-Men cartoon! I miss seeing all of my favorite characters on television.
    If the quality of the latest marvel productions is any indication you may yet live to regret your wish

If the quality of the latest marvel productions is any indication you may yet live to regret your wish
    But of course I meant with the great graphics, art and stories that it should have!

I'm looking forward to Jean in Sword. The 90's costume isn't my favorite but it is how I first knew the character. I finally got used to the Marvel Girl look, but I do hope all the characters in the new X-men team get an updated costume. They should be among the best dressed teams (competing with Sword and X-factor since both teams look great).

I love the panel from the upcoming X-men Legends. I love 05 X-factor. I'm excited for it but a bit nervous about what Scott and Jean are saying about Maddie and Dark Phoenix. It could be Jean hating on them, denying being part of Phoenix (groan, not my fav part of the OG series), or since it is taking place after Inferno Jean could be talking about how they were extensions/incarnations of herself (the Maddie part will be considered problematic by some).

Jean might have something to do in the next issue of King in Black (speculation on our part). Some interesting stuff coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean will have an appearance in Sword. Dressed in her 90s uniform. Shared by the artist on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...46492943024130

I find it conspicuous that Schiti apparently has never done a Jean redesign or made a suggested redesign publicly known. Redesigns seem to be his bread and butter. I've posted before that a number of his designs for Agent Brand have post-Phoenix "Jean 'Marvel' Grey" written on them.

Re: Fabian Nicieza/Brett Booth's X-MEN:LEGENDS creative team stint featuring Jean/Scott/Alex cover

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    writer, penciler, inker and colorist : all are men

But this is a story focused on cyke and the brother, right?

Is this a thing now?
    While its unfortunate that we haven't had a female take on Jean beyond Louise Simonson stint writing her, it's a leap to say a male creative team can't/won't write for her...as a matter of course. Granted that this story in particular seems to be addressing the 3rd Summers Brother thing so Jean may be in a supporting role to an extent but the above statement seems to be taking the concept in a misogynist direction that's unwarranted. Its an odd statement especially given that love of the character comes from a history created mostly by male creative teams.

In all likelihood the cover bears little insight into the contents if only for the reason that Jean wouldn't be wearing that Red X-Factor costume at the same time that Scott is wearing his X-Men:Blue squad suit and Alex is in his X-Factor duds.
    Thats something that bothers me about the discontinuity of use of costumes in the Krakoan era. There NO visual continuity. It'll be messy in the future for anything that tries to reflect back on the era.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-14-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm thinking/hoping that we're going to get Jean VS Xeno!Quire. An Omega versus an Omega could be really cool.
    Honestly Jean would wipe the floor with Quentin. It shouldnt even be a fight, but weak ass Jean Grey is par for the course for Hackman era so it wouldnt surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Honestly Jean would wipe the floor with Quentin. It shouldnt even be a fight, but weak ass Jean Grey is par for the course for Hackman era so it wouldnt surprise me.
    Wouldn’t surprise me one bit

I do not want to see any more weak Jean portrayals. Even going back to a certain time period, I think all the writers should now know that Jean is very powerful.

BANNED

I do not want to see any more weak Jean portrayals. Even going back to a certain time period, I think all the writers should now know that Jean is very powerful.
    Hickman knows that. He just has his preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman knows that. He just has his preference.
    Exactly, he just needs Jean to stay in her place, behave and be a good girlfriend, no funny pink stuff, no crazy phoenix work or eccessive independent thinking. Why is it so hard to understand? Oooooh the patience!
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-14-2021 at 04:13 PM.