Page 52 of 719 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly, he just needs Jean to stay in her place, behave and be a good girlfriend, no funny pink stuff, no crazy phoenix work or eccessive independent thinking. Why is it so hard to understand? Oooooh the patience!
    back to first

DvvjmxzXQAAJFxe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    back to first

DvvjmxzXQAAJFxe.jpg
    I mean this is clearly a woman that needs to be told to “ try harder” by a rich & entitled brat
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

back to first

DvvjmxzXQAAJFxe.jpg
    I like seeing all these Jean costumes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

And there we go ...

FXXM003-1.jpg

And there we go ...

FXXM003-1.jpg
    Awww, I'm sure Jean will give the men in her life the love they deserve. She's Jean Grey. She has plenty of love to give.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Awww, I'm sure Jean will give the men in her life the love they deserve. She's Jean Grey. She has plenty of love to give.
    Jean Grey: Oh scooty, I'm tired of this **** relationship with that **** suit. I'm leaving, the suitcase is already at the door.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Not sure why Jean would hate the suit she designed.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not sure why Jean would hate the suit she designed.
    Ive created things when I was a kid that I look back on now and wonder what the heck I was thinking

back to first

DvvjmxzXQAAJFxe.jpg
    I wonder whether she ever changed the color of her hair…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly, he just needs Jean to stay in her place, behave and be a good girlfriend, no funny pink stuff, no crazy phoenix work or eccessive independent thinking. Why is it so hard to understand? Oooooh the patience!
    We will consistently see a powerful Jean/Phoenix when the MCU decided to use her. Captain Marvel, WandaVision, Monica Rambeau. Powerful women do well in the fantasy genre.

And Disney is a corporation that moves yo make loads of money. Hickman is a low man on the totem pole. MCU Jean really just needs a good actress to play her. The writing and directing have been fantastic.

Which is a problem with the comics as they are getting washed up writers as the film and tv portions of Marcel pay much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive created things when I was a kid that I look back on now and wonder what the heck I was thinking
    she should have already transcended those old relationships

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We will consistently see a powerful Jean/Phoenix when the MCU decided to use her. Captain Marvel, WandaVision, Monica Rambeau. Powerful women do well in the fantasy genre.

And Disney is a corporation that moves yo make loads of money. Hickman is a low man on the totem pole. MCU Jean really just needs a good actress to play her. The writing and directing have been fantastic.

Which is a problem with the comics as they are getting washed up writers as the film and tv portions of Marcel pay much better.
    In Jean's return mini the Phoenix was portrayed as a kind of abusive boyfriend - that alone will keep it away from her for a while, at least until it has been away from her long enough for a new retcon to apply. Note that I don't consider having the thing hanging over her narrative like an ever-present Sword of Damocles to actually qualify as being away from it. The Phoenix Force currently represents the opposite of what it was originally intended for - it has shifted from empowering her to becoming a physical manifestation of the loss of her agency.
    Dark does not mean deep.

she should have already transcended those old relationships
    And the old costumes too

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In Jean's return mini the Phoenix was portrayed as a kind of abusive boyfriend - that alone will keep it away from her for a while, at least until it has been away from her long enough for a new retcon to apply. Note that I don't consider having the thing hanging over her narrative like an ever-present Sword of Damocles to actually qualify as being away from it. The Phoenix Force currently represents the opposite of what it was originally intended for - it has shifted from empowering her to becoming a physical manifestation of the loss of her agency.
    that's because the ones messing with the concept never had any care or desire to actually respect it, they never considered it belonged to Jean's legacy or planned to actually let her evolve as character long with it, ever since Jean died a second time it was all about plundering what they could leaving Jean in the dust, the phoenix force now it's just an excessively overpowered talking abomination (boy, do i miss the days when it was just an energy signature) whose sole purpose is to corrupt and give phoenix-themed costume make-overs.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The worst part of that story was seeing old Logan try to "rescue" Jean. Having storm right by the side