Page 521 of 719 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 10783

I understand from the scene that Jean and Emma work together. I think Jean already knew or signaled Emma to do the telepathic illusion. The Lorna who had no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I understand from the scene that Jean and Emma work together. I think Jean already knew or signaled Emma to do the telepathic illusion. The Lorna who had no clue.
    Hmm. This is an interesting theory, but I don't think so. I think Leah's intent was to show that Jean was distracted because of the emotional exchanges she had with the Avengers, particularly Vision, and by the time she was made aware that they were already heading towards/into the Hatchery, it was too late to cloak. Lorna brought up mindwiping, but Jean was understandably against it. However, this doesn't mean she wouldn't have done something else. Nevertheless, Emma was already in the Hatchery and was either alerted or found out on her own that the Avengers were heading there so she cloaked the place from their view.

Honestly, I don't think this makes Jean look bad or weaker at all. What it shows is that she has emotional bonds with some of the Avengers, specifically Vision and Wanda, with whom she worked as far back as nearly 50 years ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She shouldn't be gung-ho about it, but telling people who don't ordinarily look out for mutants about the hatchery seems super dumb.

But this is why they took her out of X-Force. No complexities allowed for this character. It's "mom", dish gloves, and telephoning only. = )

The way the plant people thing was handled early in X-Force was the right way. When written with complexity, Jean will handle things that need to be handled even if it means a sacrifice on her end.

I can see the argument that "oh the Avengers are cool, this won't come back to bite us", but that ultimately seems pretty dumb and naive when we arr talking about the thing that keeps mutants in a safe position.
    *sigh* there you go with that sexist rhetoric again despite every evidence to the contrary. I'm not sure how you can imply Jean is being written as simple here Jean was hesitant to violate the minds of her longtime allies/friends in order to protect State secrets that's complexity for you right there! And let's not pretend that Jean wouldn't of mindwiped The Avengers if push came to shove because she would have considered the implications of those State Secrets getting out to the outside world it just so happens she didn't have to dirty her hands because Emma was there to pick up the slack.

BANNED

Sexist? Lol

Sexist? Lol
    Kitty, why are you such a little minx?

Astonishing Member

Sexist? Lol
    No complexities allowed for this character. It's "mom", dish gloves, and telephoning only. = )
    I mean unless you haven't consistently tried to push the narrative that Marvel is trying to paint Jean as the regressive 50's housewife in this thread and others.

I calls it hows I sees it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean unless you haven't consistently tried to push the narrative that Marvel is trying to paint Jean as the regressive 50's housewife in this thread and others.

lol. You do have a point, loke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

Yeah, they are painting her regressively quite aggressively. Your using a word incorrectly isn't going to make me not call it out lolol. Hate to disappoint ya.

Yeah, they are painting her regressively quite aggressively. Your using a word incorrectly isn't going to make me not call it out lolol. Hate to disappoint ya.
    Kitty! Who suggested joining the fight during X of Swords to save Nathan? Who followed who in dropping out of the QC? Who agreed with who in refusing the offer to rejoin the QC? Who first mentioned and technically founded the new team of X-Men...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Kitty! Who suggested joining the fight during X of Swords to save Nathan? Who followed who in dropping out of the QC? Who agreed with who in refusing the offer to rejoin the QC? Who first mentioned and technically founded the new team of X-Men...?
    Yep, that was Jean.

Yep, that was Jean.
    You sly thing you. It was Scott who followed Jean in each of those instances...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    If such were the case, Jean would have told Lorna that Emma had it covered, so there was no need for it. Better yet, she would have done it herself if she had the time to contact Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    If such were the case, Jean would have told Lorna that Emma had it covered, so there was no need for it. Better yet, she would have done it herself if she had the time to contact Emma.
    I don't understand how people aren't getting this. Actually, I think I do. This is why I miss captions. In either case, I had to defend Jean against an Emma fan who insisted that Emma "did what Jean didn't want to do." I was like, um, no...

Emma didn’t mindwipe the Avengers either. She was in the Hatchery, knew or was alerted that they were coming in, & used her tp to cloak it from view, which Jean wouldn’t have had a problem doing had she realized in time. It’s a cute feat but one based on chance vs willingness.
    I have had to explain this more than I care to say, lol.

It looks like JP Pinto is starting a new group portrait and guess who's first, front, and center again...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don't understand how people aren't getting this. Actually, I think I do. This is why I miss captions. In either case, I had to defend Jean against an Emma fan who insisted that Emma "did what Jean didn't want to do." I was like, um, no...

I have had to explain this more than I care to say, lol.
    I for one agree that Jean is not involved in cloaking. The cloaking is all Emma's doing. When Hope asked Professor X why not get help fro Emma and Jean. His response was they are both busy with an urgent matter of diplomacy.
    Lorna is asking Jean to erase the memories, that was what Lorna was asking, which, historically Jean is not comfortable doing willy-nillly. Because it is indeed a breach especially with allies they invited over.

So Emma figured out about cloaking. She does not need to be warned, she's a powerful telepath after all. Plus she has the cuckoos with her.

I don't expect Jean to outshine Emma specially when Leah is the one writing.

What kindda stuck with me, is Polaris mentioned about 'Hope telepathically masking the Hatchery'. I did not realize Hope is a telepath, let alone do telepathic cloaking like Polaris stated. Doesn't hope need a telepath in range to do that?
    Last edited by mike7171; 09-16-2021 at 08:27 AM.