Page 54 of 719 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

In this current status of the phoenix I would prefer the psionic form. It's her power and something new that makes her strong without being something cosmic.

Jean's resurrection should have been in that vibe
    FB_IMG_1613491037590.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Is there even a way to go back to the Phoenix being just a manifestation of Jean's powers? I feel it would be like trying to close the barn door after all the horses escaped.
    In the issue #64 of the first serie Excalibur, Rachel and the Phoenix came to this agreement, I think… The Phoenix decided to come back to its initial inhuman form and Rachel was still able to use its power as she was linked to it.

Personally, I like the story of this cosmic force that became “human” because she once heard the cry of distress of a telepath… Too bad, it became inconsistent with the time.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Jean's resurrection should have been in that vibe
    FB_IMG_1613491037590.jpg
    Yes, lots of cosmic entities.

Maybe even released as a trade, since we had to wait nearly 15 years to see the Jean of 616. We did not need to wait longer for issue after issue hoping something great was going to happen, and then to see it did not happen.

I really did not like the story we got, except for the fact that we finally got Jean back.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder whether she ever changed the color of her hair…
    Besides Karen Grant (below) in Ultimate X and Anna Marie Rankin in Noir, I don't think so...and both times as a disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The intent is/was to put Jean back into the only limited narrative box they are/were able to imagine for her, being phoenix made her so much more more than they need her to be.
    But I thought she was so great in X-MEN:RED without being Phoenix? Wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She was but it’s like it never happened, where’s that jean now? Back into the same old narrative box .....she was supposed to show us how the PF was holding her back.....skip a couple of years and we find her in full 70’s marvel Girl cosplay mode.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

She was but it’s like it never happened, where’s that jean now? Back into the same old narrative box .....she was supposed to show us how the PF was holding her back.....skip a couple of years and we find her in full 70’s marvel Girl cosplay mode.
    We cant have nice things on long term with Jean, X-men Red nor teen Jean stuck because they are too strong.

In other news I recommend buying King in Back #4 for Jean.

The intent is/was to put Jean back into the only limited narrative box they are/were able to imagine for her, being phoenix made her so much more more than they need her to be.
    So, it's NOT the Phoenix that's making the difference then as originally stated...it's the dress. Same writer, different outfit, alls right with the world? ie GIANT SIZE X-MEN:Jean Grey/Emma Frost where Dauterman changed nothing but what she's wearing?
    Boiling a female characters value down to what she's wearing is more retro than any 60s get up.
    Boii

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    We cant have nice things on long term with Jean, X-men Red nor teen Jean stuck because they are too strong.

KING IN BLACK

There are spoilers out there. There's a rare sighting of an imposing Jean Grey. I'm probably going to read the whole thing now whereas before I had no interest.

So we got Ben Percy and Donny Cates in our corner, Jean fans.

Jonathan who? ZZZzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder whether she ever changed the color of her hair…
    Besides Karen Grant (below) in Ultimate X and Anna Marie Rankin in Noir, I don't think so...and both times as a disguise.
    Thanks, Thirteen… A good disguise, indeed. I didn’t recognize her.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

I've seen some KIB #4 spoilers and jean gets a... fairly decent feat.

So, it's NOT the Phoenix that's making the difference then as originally stated...it's the dress. Same writer, different outfit, alls right with the world? ie GIANT SIZE X-MEN:Jean Grey/Emma Frost where Dauterman changed nothing but what she's wearing?
    Boiling a female characters value down to what she's wearing is more retro than any 60s get up.
    Boii

I'm sorry but I disagree, please don't confuse correlation with causation, you are either misunderstanding in good or bad faith, I really could not tell, .... anyway......this is how I see it:
    the removal of the phoenix, removal of the pink form, removal of agency, the retro dress, the passive attitude are all symptoms, the root cause of this are the backward views that keep (in the long run) prevailing (with sporadic exceptions) when it comes to the powers in charge making decisions about Jean's as character.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-17-2021 at 03:43 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Yes. Absolutely. If you're a fan of seeing Jean Grey in badass moments, buy King in Black #4. You'll be glad you did.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. If you're a fan of seeing Jean Grey in badass moments, buy King in Black #4. You'll be glad you did.
    I'll check it out for sure then!