Page 548 of 719 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 10783

He did it!

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    David Messina #trialofmagneto
    I feel so special, lol.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-28-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, and to us fans even moreso.

Then Marvel continued the "tribute" to us by keeping Jean dead for just shy of 15 years!

Talk about a stupid plan of revenge going bonkers. The only ones hurt were the fans. (smh)
    Her final death in that run felt so... humilliating to me. I was mad the first time I read it, Xorneto was depicted as such a batshit villain that sounded ridiculous at times, but of course he is the one who kills Jean. Well, my rage diluted a bit after reading Here Comes Tomorrow (no one can take that away from her), but the damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Her final death in that run felt so... humilliating to me. I was mad the first time I read it, Xorneto was depicted as such a batshit villain that sounded ridiculous at times, but of course he is the one who kills Jean. Well, my rage diluted a bit after reading Here Comes Tomorrow (no one can take that away from her), but the damage was done.
    Me too!

First of all, Jean was cosmic Phoenix at that point. No "electromagnetic pulse" would have hurt her let alone kill her. Cosmic Jean Phoenix easily shrugged off the Power Cosmic of Firelord.

Second, Jean is TP Supreme and would have known, felt, etc negative emotions and thoughts of killing her.

Third, Jean would never have approached and touched an enemy who was not defeated unless she was sure it was safe.

Fourth, there was no build up of Xorneto/Magnexorn power---just instant death to Jean.

It was a real WTF? moment, without doubt!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Me too!

First of all, Jean was cosmic Phoenix at that point. No "electromagnetic pulse" would have hurt her let alone kill her. Cosmic Jean Phoenix easily shrugged off the Power Cosmic of Firelord.

Second, Jean is TP Supreme and would have known, felt, etc negative emotions and thoughts of killing her.

Third, Jean would never have approached and touched an enemy who was not defeated unless she was sure it was safe.

Fourth, there was no build up of Xorneto/Magnexorn power---just instant death to Jean.

Editorially mandated death at his finest if I ever saw one. It had to happen no matter what and as unceremoniously as possible.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    He did it!

I feel so special, lol.
    Mercury can you ask him for a pietro scan i don't have a twitter

THIS guy who was screaming about carrots just killed Jean via stroke because reasons

xorneto4.JPG

how in hell

THIS guy who was screaming about carrots just killed Jean via stroke because reasons

xorneto4.JPG

how in hell
    Pure loco!

Then, to keep a character not only called "Phoenix" but one with the power of revival dead for nearly 15 years is a level of insanity unmatched.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

xorneto4.JPG

how in hell
    "Carrots are not fruit": The Magneto saga.

10/10 would buy.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, and to us fans even moreso.

Then Marvel continued the "tribute" to us by keeping Jean dead for just shy of 15 years!

Talk about a stupid plan of revenge going bonkers. The only ones hurt were the fans. (smh)
    What did Marvel do to him, can't remember.

I love that run, it's great but it feel off during the end.Idk, I expected more from the finale of something like this.I wouldn't say the death was humiliating as much as it feels forced, heck I'm one of the few who can get behind the planetary level stroke killing her.It also makes sense he used it on her since no one else could contain it, but it killing her just felt like a death to add value/stakes to the end and wrap up the planetary EMP plotline.In reality, as many said it was a FU to Marvel.

I will say Scott cheating on Jean and then getting a Happy ending w/ Emma was what i would call humiliating.I think that was the nail in the coffin for Jott, you don't come back from that.And I know the last arc had Live Scott stuff but I can't read it, art is atrocious to me for some reason.And taking it into consideration, Jean made her goodbye w/ Scott.Both moved on and they had neither the spark or the stability any good couples have(you have to have one IMO), and they never ignited it back.They feel so forced together now, held by status quo.

Me too!

1.A Planetary level EMP could hurt her, a lot.Death is pushing it but he did have Kick as well.

2.Agreed, w/ everything going on though I can't blame her

3.Ehhh, as you said she was super powerful and Jean has a temper..I feel it's in character

4.That's what got me, won't lie I forgot all about his stored power which I think is actually good writing on my second re-read since it's mentioned multiple times.It's a surprise death w/ hints placed but you don't see it coming, as far as Magneto is concerned.Jean being as powerful as she was does make it moot.

xorneto4.JPG

how in hell
    Sh*t w/ knowledge like that, I'd join his revolution too.

Fantastic Member

Me too!

That was the worst! I stopped buying comics after that (well, after Here Comes Tomorrow). And i was hating on Quesada and his mantra of "Dead is dead".

I just started buying again sporadically when I came across "Trial of Jean Grey", and am like, she's back?!?!! Got caught up thanks to Marvel Unlimited.
    But that whole "Jean is Dead" era, was so pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    That was the worst! I stopped buying comics after that (well, after Here Comes Tomorrow). And i was hating on Quesada and his mantra of "Dead is dead".

I just started buying again sporadically when I came across "Trial of Jean Grey", and am like, she's back?!?!! Got caught up thanks to Marvel Unlimited.
    But that whole "Jean is Dead" era, was so pissed!
    Exactamundo, my friend! None of it made any sense.

Cosmic Jean Phoenix was way too powerful for Magexorn/Xorneto to affect her in any way.

Quesadia was worse than most as I have heard he really hated Jean and would not let her return to her fans.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Spiderfan001, sweetie, planetary EMP is peanuts compared to a neutron star. Jean didn't fix one of those stars during the Phoenix Saga: she fixed an entire galaxy.

The real puzzling part if how Jean fans love that run so much when it ends with her death in such a stupid, nonsense fashion, in an issue where the writer uses their name instead of Alan Smithee.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Spiderfan001, sweetie, planetary EMP is peanuts compared to a neutron star. Jean didn't fix one of those stars during the Phoenix Saga: she fixed an entire galaxy.

The real puzzling part if how Jean fans love that run so much when it ends with her death in such a stupid, nonsense fashion, in an issue where the writer uses their name instead of Alan Smithee.
    Jean isnt invulnerable. An unexpected EMP powered stroke should kill her. She dying wasnt a problem; the fact that she was left dead as long as she was, however was

I agree with the objections to Jean's last death, how it came about, and more so to how long she was kept dead. However, it dawned on me while reading some of your posts that her deaths and prolonged absences have both underscored and contributed to her mystique and allure. Jean has always seemed elusive in the most captivating way. This is partly due to the fact that, overall, she has never been shoved down readers' throats. For the most part, save for a few arcs, she has been used conservatively and, dare I say, sparingly. But, as they say, less is more.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that random thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Very true, also she was bathing in the sun just several minutes before xorneto exposed her to his lowly EMP
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”