Page 551 of 719 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    But she didn't take all of it, she survived being in it.Magneto put the power to overpower the magnetic filed of earth straight into her, it was concentrated.Also got to say for the fixing thing, offense isn't defense.Just because Ororo can destroy a tank doesn't mean a bullet to the head won't do her in, Phoenix's offense can just be much more impressive than her defense.

Also the scan I posted shows him effecting and bottling phoenix at the very least, again context needed though.
    Honestly... I don't know what else to say here. So maybe we drop it?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Honestly, Morrison did her dirty by killing her off and don’t get me started on Aaron’s shitty Phoenix story with Echo. I think Jean can’t really take off as a character until she reclaims what’s rightfully hers.
    I disagree. Jean is not bound by the Phoenix Force. She is an interesting character without it. Duggan is spotlighting her poise, savvy, decisiveness, and wealth of experience, which has been sorely missing. Her emotional landscape is as intricate and diverse as the Amazon forest. A writer worth his salt and with no biases against her should have a field day plumbing her depths. And I am confident that it will happen, if not all at once under Duggan, then someone else.

Many creators in the industry love her, and I'm not just hypothesizing that this is so - I know it's so. I encounter and talk to them every day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Sure thing, I mean no disrespect.

Again I don't get how destroying a Sun and being close to one(this is the feat I think most reliable for that Jean's power level) mean she can take a planetary level EMP pulse unprepared.
    She was cosmic at that point. Even still, let's say it did affect her enough to "kill" her. She should have been able to resurrect herself as quickly as she did after Wolverine killed her the issue or two before. In either case, this is why, in my headcanon, she chose to remain dead and ascend to White Phoenix status, perhaps subconsciously knowing, through urgings of the Phoenix Force, that she would have to repair the wounded orphaned universe to truly set things right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She was cosmic at that point. Even still, let's say it did affect her enough to "kill" her. She should have been able to resurrect herself as quickly as she did after Wolverine killed her the issue or two before. In either case, this is why, in my headcanon, she chose to remain dead and ascend to White Phoenix status, perhaps subconsciously knowing, through urgings of the Phoenix Force, that she would have to repair the wounded orphaned universe to truly set things right.
    Yeah, that I can see.The bringing herself back part I still don't get.

Also you can probably provide context on the Magneto Jean scan posted a few posts back, what's going on there.

Yeah, that I can see.The bringing herself back part I still don't get.

Also you can probably provide context on the Magneto Jean scan posted a few posts back, what's going on there.
    What do you mean by "what's going on there"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    You explained yourself perfectly hun, and your logic is flawless, /thumbs up
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You explained yourself perfectly hun, and your logic is flawless, /thumbs up

Extraordinary Member

What do you mean by "what's going on there"?
    I mean is their any context I'm missing because it seems like he's drawing out the Phoenix Energy from Jean using Earth's Magnetic Force

I mean is their any context I'm missing because it seems like he's drawing out the Phoenix Energy from Jean using Earth's Magnetic Force
    I'll have to look at the page again at some point (I can't find it in this thread). I don't think that's what he was doing, but I don't know. In either case, at that point, Jean was so bonded with the Phoenix Force - for all intents and purposes, she was it and it was her - that I don't think he could have accomplished drawing it out of her. In fact, he didn't. He intended to give her a stroke.

Yeah the planetary-scale stroke was B.S. because even if it did fatally injure Jean/Phoenix, she could have easily survived in an energy state, or easily rebuild her body, as even teen Jean has do so. So it only makes sense as a voluntary death, same as the death by alien energy cannon on the moon. But again, killing her was one thing, keeping her dead for so long was another.

And now I'm reminded of another line that was written to try to "bless" this mess in-universe. The "all I ever do is die on you" line from Jean to Scott.

There's a lot I liked about Morrison's development of Jean, but man...the end...he really couldn't stuff her in the fridge soon enough, then set the fridge on fire and wheel it off a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    ...The "all I ever do is die on you" line from Jean to Scott...
    Oh god, that line. Seriously, I can't, lol.

You do put the focus where it needs to be, though, which is on "keeping her dead for so long." That wasn't Morrison's choice. In fact, he may very well have intended for Jean to continue being featured in some way as White Phoenix. That the powers that be chose not to utilize her in this capacity is another matter. Personally, I would have loved for her to have a long run as a cosmic being fighting galactic beings and battles. It would have been fun and was definitely a missed opportunity.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Oh god, that line. Seriously, I can't, lol.

You do put the focus where it needs to be, though, which is on "keeping her dead for so long." That wasn't Morrison's choice. In fact, he may very well have intended for Jean to continue being featured in some way as White Phoenix. That the powers that be chose not to utilize her in this capacity is another matter. Personally, I would have loved for her to have a long run as a cosmic being fighting galactic beings and battles. It would have been fun and was definitely a missed opportunity.
    Jean could have been brought back for any of the number of cosmic stories that were occurring around the time she passed. However, Marvel was adamant that Jean Grey stay dead and we've never gotten an explanation on why a character called Phoenix needed to be gone for 15 years when everyone and their mom was killed and brought back in the time she was gone!

BANNED

I disagree. Jean is not bound by the Phoenix Force. She is an interesting character without it. Duggan is spotlighting her poise, savvy, decisiveness, and wealth of experience, which has been sorely missing. Her emotional landscape is as intricate and diverse as the Amazon forest. A writer worth his salt and with no biases against her should have a field day plumbing her depths. And I am confident that it will happen, if not all at once under Duggan, then someone else.

Many creators in the industry love her, and I'm not just hypothesizing that this is so - I know it's so. I encounter and talk to them every day.
    I’m not saying she’s bound by the Phoenix, or that’s all there is to her. We’ve had this conversation before. However, Phoenix is certain a better code name than Marvel Girl. Her Phoenix identity is well known and made an absurd mistake is stripping it from her and giving it to no name characters.

At some point for her to shine she is going to have to reclaim what is rightfully hers. I suspect Feige will want Phoenix has a hero in the MCU. So even if it takes a few years she is going to become Phoenix.

And I think this is why is that dated green dress and why she is Marvel Girl again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Jean could have been brought back for any of the number of cosmic stories that were occurring around the time she passed. However, Marvel was adamant that Jean Grey stay dead and we've never gotten an explanation on why a character called Phoenix needed to be gone for 15 years when everyone and their mom was killed and brought back in the time she was gone!
    Quesada wanted Scott with Emma Frost. I know it was absurd and sadly the truth. Thank god he has been pushed aside.