Page 554 of 719 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You can't recall any moments from this era that you've liked and enjoyed?
    Very few. And considering they happened in the span of 2 years... I just don't have it in me anymore. :(

Depending on what happens on the next months, I may keep reading X-Men only. But it's likely that I won't.

Thanks for asking, Mercury. But, please, lets drop it before someone gets upset that I'm being too negative. I'm really not in the mood to deal with certain BS that may arise here.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    People keep underrating the figure of Jean Grey in the XCU. Jean Grey was a lead character in the movie franchise, even more than Mystique.

We got:

X-Men: she was involved with Wolverine and seemed the "centerpiece" of the X-Men, despite being the less powerful member.
    X2: she started to morph into Phoenix, and was given even more screentime along with Storm.
    The Last Stand: like it or not, she was the main villain of the movie.
    Apocalypse: she became the "Jean Grey" from the comics, and she was already Phoenix (even if she didn't know it).
    Dark Phoenix: it was a great movie, and she was absolutely the main character.

Her cameos on "The Wolverine" and "Days of Future Past" were also significant.
    I absolutely agree. I recently rewatched the entire saga (minus Wolverine 1) and Jean actually has quite a strong arc throughout all the movies (not enough screen time of course but her portrayal is still very nuanced). She even has a strong political voice (X1) in this universe and is a health professional. I love her depiction in X2 in particular.

You could even say that Wolverine in Days of Future Past gives Xavier the knowledge from the future that Jean wouldn't turn dark in this timeline like X3.

Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Jean, and Mystique are all depicted splendidly in these movies and have gorgeous character developments.
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-30-2021 at 11:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Very few. And considering they happened in the span of 2 years... I just don't have it in me anymore.

Depending on what happens on the next months, I may keep reading X-Men only. But it's likely that I won't.

Thanks for asking, Mercury. But, please, lets drop it before someone gets upset that I'm being too negative. I'm really not in the mood to deal with certain BS that may arise here.
    Do what’s best for you. If you don’t like it, no reason to waste your money. If you do stop reading and things ever improve to your liking you can always come back.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Do what’s best for you. If you don’t like it, no reason to waste your money. If you do stop reading and things ever improve to your liking you can always come back.
    Agreed. I think Grinning Soul has brought a lot of great perspective on the situations with Jean. Not always positive. Not always negative, but overall valid critiques.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Agreed. I think Grinning Soul has brought a lot of great perspective on the situations with Jean. Not always positive. Not always negative, but overall valid critiques.
    Thank for saying it, Pyro. :)

Very few. And considering they happened in the span of 2 years... I just don't have it in me anymore.

You're welcome. As I've told you before, I value your views and opinions, even when we don't agree. Also, if I had to wait for two years for characters that I love to be written in a way that is more to my liking, I probably would feel the same as you. Thankfully, I came back less than a year ago, at a time when Jean is undergoing some great developments and another paradigm shift is on the horizon.

You're welcome. As I've told you before, I value your views and opinions, even when we don't agree. Also, if I had to wait for two years for characters that I love to be written in a way that is more to my liking, I probably would feel the same as you. Thankfully, I came back less than a year ago, at a time when Jean is undergoing some great developments and another paradigm shift is on the horizon.
    And I'm happy some feel this way. I hope it continues to be entertaining for you guys. :)

And I'm happy some feel this way. I hope it continues to be entertaining for you guys.
    And I hope you continue reading, even if only X-Men. Frankly, that's the only book I'm truly invested in. I read spoilers and sometimes whole issues of the other series, but I'm not all that invested. Of course, I am grateful that the flagship title is giving me what I want and keeping me interested.

And I hope you continue reading, even if only X-Men. Frankly, that's the only book I'm truly invested in. I read spoilers and sometimes whole issues of the other series, but I'm not all that invested. Of course, I am grateful that the flagship title is giving me what I want and keeping me interested.
    It will really depend on other things that are not necessarily tied to X-Men, but it will really bother me. We'll see.

It will really depend on other things that are not necessarily tied to X-Men, but it will really bother me. We'll see.
    I'm curious, what other things?

I'm curious, what other things?
    I'm telling you one and only one of those things and we'll leave it at it, okay?

I like both Logan and Emma, but I don't want to have to deal with their presence all the time in all the books, especially when it makes no sense for them to be there. I'm getting the feeling we're walking towards that. I might be wrong, of course. Like I said: we'll see.

Extraordinary Member

I'm telling you one and only one of those things and we'll leave it at it, okay?

I like both Logan and Emma, but I don't want to have to deal with their presence all the time in all the books, especially when it makes no sense for them to be there. I'm getting the feeling we're walking towards that. I might be wrong, of course. Like I said: we'll see.
    Cosigned on the Logan Emma thing, mainly Logan.After Hickman, I think they will likely revert to them for sales.

Well, I want you to tell me more than "only one of those things." lol.

Regarding Logan, I don't mind his dominating presence, but they should save it for his solo book. As for Emma, I've had my fill of her. Granted, she is certainly not one of my favorite characters (her brand of elitism and materialism nauseates me), but that is in large part due to the fact that I don't feel they have ever adequately redeemed her or justified her many instances of abuse towards others enough for her to be considered a leader of or anyone of importance to the X-Men. Her presence feels forced to me.

Well, I want you to tell me more than "only one of those things." lol.

Regarding Logan, I don't mind his dominating presence, but they should save it for his solo book. As for Emma, I've had my fill of her. Granted, she is certainly not one of my favorite characters (her brand of elitism and materialism nauseates me), but that is in large part due to the fact that I don't feel they have ever adequately redeemed her or justified her many instances of abuse towards others enough for her to be considered a leader of or anyone of importance to the X-Men. Her presence feels forced to me.
    I might have already said too much. Going back to my corner now.

Have fun, kids. o/

Preview of Jean in Dark Ages #2, which drops on 10/6.