Page 559 of 719 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Who knows? Phoenix canon fluctuates. I don't really remember that particular bit about the Phoenix collecting pieces of its hosts, but if that was established in a Jean Grey story, it's probably not canon anymore.
    Thankfully, Jean's Phoenix stories are still considered canon.

I love that, rather than have the Phoenix Force reject or abandon Jean, they had Jean reject it. It was her choice to sever the bond. They could have easily written it to be the P.F. rejecting and moving on from her. Frankly, though I have enjoyed Jean without the P.F. (during her time-displacement and under Duggan), I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to reunite her with it later, maybe in 5-10 years.

I hadn't read X-Factor Forever until yesterday. Love this look:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I love that, rather than have the Phoenix Force reject or abandon Jean, they had Jean reject it. It was her choice to sever the bond. They could have easily written it to be the P.F. rejecting and moving on from her. Frankly, though I have enjoyed Jean without the P.F. (during her time-displacement and under Duggan), I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to reunite her with it later, maybe in 5-10 years.
    Ok hear me out. The Phoenix finds Jean and see what she's wearing then proceeds to use every drop of cosmic fire it can muster to burn it off her then leaves again and Jean gets a brand new costume gifted by the PF.

Pay. Me.

Also glad it's still canon since you told me to go read her solo, lol.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Ok hear me out. The Phoenix finds Jean and see what she's wearing then proceeds to use every drop of cosmic fire it can muster to burn it off her then leaves again and Jean gets a brand new costume gifted by the PF.

Pay. Me.

Also glad it's still canon since you told me to go read her solo, lol.
    Her time-displacement era is a must-read for any Jean fan or prospective fan. It's just so... rich.

Also, your little scenario reminded me of this, lol (From X-Men: The End #1):

Her time-displacement era is a must-read for any Jean fan or prospective fan. It's just so... rich.

Also, your little scenario reminded me of this, lol (From X-Men: The End #1):

Hmm, simple yet practicable And I'd keep the flaming hair bits as both a power signature and a throw back to New X-Men.

But maybe pink flames?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

For her next costume, I want something simple and understated but bad ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I think it was from the Teen Jean solo? Let me go check again. *poofs*

Edit - Yeah it was. But if it's not canon anymore then rip.
    Aaah. I didn't remember this at all. Thank you!

But yeah, I don't know what the White Hot Room is in current-day continuity, but whatever it is, some dudes just broke into it in S.W.O.R.D not too long ago and stole some technology (or something like that) so who even knows anymore.

Edit: Oh yeah, they got the magical White Hot Room metal that Krakoa trades now (eyeroll). Smh.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-05-2021 at 06:49 PM.

BANNED

It will happen whenever the MCU decides to do Jean/Phoenix either in the films or in a Disney Plus series. For all
    We know this is actively under development as the MCU loves cosmic stories and characters like Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau/Photon, Thor, Dr. Strange, etc.

Oh, Echo already has her own Disney Plus series under development.

I think we had a break from Jean as Phoenix because the X-office wanted to reestablish the world the X-Men live in and increase their cosmic and magical ties without them having to rely on Phoenix. So I’m not complaining presently.

Plus Jean needed to be reestablishes as a character in X-Men. Plus Dark Phoenix stories are old and tired at this point! No more!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It will happen whenever the MCU decides to do Jean/Phoenix either in the films or in a Disney Plus series. For all
    We know this is actively under development as the MCU loves cosmic stories and characters like Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau/Photon, Thor, Dr. Strange, etc.

Oh, Echo already has her own Disney Plus series under development.

I think we had a break from Jean as Phoenix because the X-office wanted to reestablish the world the X-Men live in and increase their cosmic and magical ties without them having to rely on Phoenix. So I’m not complaining presently.

Plus Jean needed to be reestablishes as a character in X-Men. Plus Dark Phoenix stories are old and tired at this point! No more!
    We already had 2 Phoenix related movies w/ it as the main plot and both weren't loved(IIRC, I know people didn't like Dark Phoenix.Not sure about the one before) so I doubt we will see it specially in the first set of mutant movies.I'm burned out of phoenix for both movies and comics tbh.

Also do we think they will give us Teen OG X-men first or go the FOX route?

Unlike the Phoenix Force, which is now getting passed around the entire Marvel Universe per Marvel Future Fight.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...97584936624131
    Jason Aaron's arc is in games now?
    151330997_1144032769373812_1502778084976071516_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    We already had 2 Phoenix related movies w/ it as the main plot and both weren't loved(IIRC, I know people didn't like Dark Phoenix.Not sure about the one before) so I doubt we will see it specially in the first set of mutant movies.I'm burned out of phoenix for both movies and comics tbh.

To be fair, those adaptations barely resemble any of the Phoenix comic book stories, but I get your point. (I have grown to really like the Dark Phoenix film for what it is: A What If...? story.

As for the direction they're going to take with the X-Men in the upcoming MCU films, I have no idea and no expectations. I wish they would stick to the mythos and start with a film focused on the original five, followed by a film introducing the second genesis (e.g., Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Warpath, Colossus, and Sunfire), as they band together to save the O5 from Krakoa. From there, they could expand further. We'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Who says Phoenix has to be the star of of the movie or Disney plus series? Many of the Fox X-Men ducked because of poor casting (Halle as Storm, Anna as Rogue), terrible directors, and awful screenwriters. None of this was the fault of the characters.

We will see Phoenix soon enough. MCU is good at introducing characters and building them up. Phoenix/Jean could appear I’m someone else’s movie or tv show or in a general team movie.

Marvel has made totally Z list characters into major hits. Twenty years ago iy would be laughable that Wanda would star in a tbe show that won 3 Emmys. And now?

BANNED

To be fair, those adaptations barely resemble any of the Phoenix comic book stories, but I get your point. (I have grown to really like the Dark Phoenix film for what it is: A What If...? story.

As for the direction they're going to take with the X-Men in the upcoming MCU films, I have no idea and no expectations. I wish they would stick to the mythos and start with a film focused on the original five, followed by a film introducing the second genesis (e.g., Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Warpath, Colossus, and Sunfire), as they band together to save the O5 from Krakoa. From there, they could expand further. We'll see.
    Neither Famke nor Sophie are bod office draws. X-Men Apocalypse also failed because it was poorly cast and written.

BANNED

Maybe they'll just establish the Phoenix as an Echo thing in her show and forego Jean's stories altogether.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Who says Phoenix has to be the star of of the movie or Disney plus series? Many of the Fox X-Men ducked because of poor casting (Halle as Storm, Anna as Rogue), terrible directors, and awful screenwriters. None of this was the fault of the characters.
    When did we stop blaming the characters for movies/tv shows being bad? You're not gonna tell me that millions of dollars, time, and talented people behind a project breed quality entertainment and can make anything work.

The X-Men IP was getting a movie every two years until Disney wanted the sports and a multimedia library for the streaming wars with Netflix. In all that time, they just had Batman, Spider-Man, and random movies like Superman/Fantastic Four complete with them. That's why all those X-Men movies were garbage. Cuz they were pretty much alone in their field until the Avengers came along.

Every media adaptation of the Phoenix has been bad especially Wolverine and the X-Men. The only good one was XTAS.