Page 569 of 719 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 10783

Jean stopped Emma, stopped her from doing wrong/bad/evil, whatever you want to call it. There is no justification for what Emma did.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Bob Quinn just tweeted this from the upcoming Death of Doctor Strange: X-Men/Black Knight #1 (I'm really loving these two together. I hope their relationship continues to deepen and grow.):

Also, Jean fans have been fed this week. I don't want to lose these in the shuffle:

It seems more Jean goodness is forthcoming!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Where is the second panel from?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It seems more Jean goodness is forthcoming!
    Indeed!

Also, this list was published yesterday/today: ScreenRant's The 10 Best Relationships in The X-Men Comics, Ranked (source: https://screenrant.com/best-relation...comics-ranked/)

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Where is the second panel from?
    The Phoenix panel? X-Men #4.

YES for more Jean & Everett together!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's telling that there is more on-panel acknowledgement and remorse from TESSA/SAGE, someone indirectly involved...than from Emma Frost, someone very much DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for Phoenix's corruption into Dark Phoenix.

That simple fact is why I can't stand when her defenders tout how much Emma "owns" her past, her deeds, etc...when she has never apologized for her role in creating Dark Phoenix, much less apologize to the person directly affected by it(Jean)
    Fr, Emma runs from and ignores her past and plays it as "no one is perfect", "I only meant to do good", "The cruel world made me the way I am", "It's so much harder for a woman", "You wouldn't understand", "I did it all for the children".Literally all the cliches.

Also Sage is such a good character and deserves more

Jean stopped Emma, stopped her from doing wrong/bad/evil, whatever you want to call it. There is no justification for what Emma did.
    Fr, and neither fans nor writers care and "stan" her

Emma is cool and I like reading her but that's only when I block out her past.W/ context she's a terrible character given great treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I can't...breathe.

That Jean with the Cerebro helmet reminded me a lot of the Morrison run and specifically when she stores the totality of Xavier’s mind inside hers. Maybe she will have to do something similar with Logan to assure the memories of his time-travels resist the backups through different timelines? Or it sounds too much like an stretch? xD

Yeah....plus you have how Emma really feels about Jean....

Try an era when Emma is not….you know, insane and turning a teenage boy into her dead lover? This version of Emma is literally coming back from the insanity of IvX, so I take none of what she says in this era at face value until like later on when she actually does gain some common sense. This is not how Emma should be, but Cullen was keeping continuity (which I would have been okay with if he simply ignored or retconned what happened in IvX, but he stuck with it and got Emma out of the funk).

The Red Dragon

Was rereading Phoenix Resurrection again. Were the various illusions the X-Men were fighting Jean’s cries for help? Or were they the phoenix force trying to distract the xmen while it tried to merge with Jean?

Insanity is literally the justification. She was not in her right mind and was doing things so out-of-character for what Emma would do in her current day. I don’t care how much you don’t like Emma Frost or if you love her the most out-of-anybody. Nobody would ever, read something like this

and then look at a woman who literally does this and think she is anywhere in her right mind.

I am pissed because this era is the era I hate the most for what it does to the X-Men as a whole. Bunn is having to deal with fixing the crap by organically bringing Emma out for what was literally the worst event the X-Men ever had. You want to accurately portray Emma as a terrible person? Actually use something of value. Not the lowest point in her character history where she is the most out-of-character she has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Was rereading Phoenix Resurrection again. Were the various illusions the X-Men were fighting Jean’s cries for help? Or were they the phoenix force trying to distract the xmen while it tried to merge with Jean?
    According to Beasts theories and Rosenberg’s Twitter response, everything outside the Egg was Jean. Beast states the Phoenix had no power outside the Egg and directs that all the things happening outside was Jean:

Rosenberg confirms to a fan on Twitter that the psychic phenomena were showing Jean breaking through subconsciously the trap the Phoenix had her in. It’s by far Jean’s most powerful showing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...17073982984192
    Last edited by PyroFN; 10-08-2021 at 10:09 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    According to Beasts theories and Rosenberg’s Twitter response, everything outside the Egg was Jean. Beast states the Phoenix had no power outside the Egg and directs that all the things happening outside was Jean:

Rosenberg confirms to a fan on Twitter that the psychic phenomena were showing Jean breaking through subconsciously the trap the Phoenix had her in. It’s by far Jean’s most powerful showing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...17073982984192
    That’s how I read it too, especially since the Magneto manifestation Jean interacted with in her dream world manifested itself as Magneto in costume outside her egg to battle the X-Men. They both asked for coffee. Lol. Also Jean wouldnt know who x-23 is at the time, but her mental projection of Magneto could still sense that x23 was familiar to Wolverine.

Glad the writer also confirmed.
    Last edited by Tank; 10-08-2021 at 10:35 PM.

The Red Dragon

Also interesting to note that Jean’s manifestations weren’t all just psychic. In issue one the children that encountered a Kid Jean lookalike ended up floating off the ground in a catatonic state.

Further in the issue her manifestations have a physical weight to them as Rogue is able to punch Seamus Mellancamp’s manifestation through a wall.

In issue 3 her Magneto projection is able to physically move pieces of metal that remain in place even after the projection has stopped.

When Jean sees herself piloting the shuttle over Jamaica Bay, her subconscious mind crates a huge flare that boils the water in the real world and kills a bunch of fish. Further when she dreams of her death on the moon, an astronaut sees a flare on the moon as well.

That’s very impressive that her mind was breaking through the illusions the phoenix created for her, but also project out her thoughts and tk into the physical locations throughout the real world as a combination tangible tk affects and elaborate psionic illusions.
    Last edited by Tank; 10-08-2021 at 11:20 PM.