Page 574 of 719 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 10783

She looks like a Bizarro version of Jean in that color scheme. Her gold/green looks more heroic

JEAN5.jpg
    some options with less bulky armour

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    JEAN5.jpg
    Yay!

Now you know I loved all of these when you first showed us, perdid, and I still love them!

They all look so good, I could see Jean wearing all of them one at a time, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp...I'm over the plate-like armour and the shoulder pads and boots. Definitely prefer a more stream-lined look. As Rogue and Polaris are already in green, I would prefer Jean in all red with gold accents (harkens back to her DP days yes, but still iconic). Dark blue with gold is a nice combo-change also, but might look too matchy-matchy with Scott.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I would love that, but only if it were done with care and sensitivity. One thing I love about Jean's story is the running themes of displacement and disassociation, which is why I empathize with and feel so much for her as a character.
    Agreed, it's something that needs to be nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But who will write it?
    Claremont?
    Louise Simonson?
    Greg Pak?
    or some current "Hot lightning" writer? Who wasn't even born yet when those stories came out, and even if they read those books for context, will still only manage to cobble together a story based off of his/her own limited interpretation of the already muddled "facts".

Personally, I'm for leaving it well enough alone as
    1: We've already had too manywriters trying to "explain" what happened.
    2: it really isn't that important or relevant to the characters (Jean, Rachel and Maddie) in this current era.
    3: Aaron has already made a colossal shit-mountain of the PF from which there is not coming back.

Let frizzle-fowls lie.
    I'd say Ewing and Hickman for the Phoenix force cosmic stuff.Don't know who will write the Jean part, someone akin to what Nick Spencer is to Spider-man(read all the comics, gets the character) w/out the editorial interference.Don't think this is a one man job, 2 writers minimum IMO.

BANNED

X-Men her relaunched in January. It’s possible we will have a very different Jean Grey next year. Make that it’s likely!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    X-Men her relaunched in January. It’s possible we will have a very different Jean Grey next year. Make that it’s likely!
    I don't think they will relaunch X-Men. It just started.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think they will relaunch X-Men. It just started.
    Not X-Men itself. The rest of the books are relaunching post Inferno. Hickman has confirmed this in an interview

So Jean will be pretty different end we’re seeing signs of this already…

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Jean Grey in metallic teal armor and charcoal grey bodysuit looks better than a mustard yellow bodysuit underneath, imo. Putting Jean in teal would also break up all the green that Lorna and Rogue are already wearing. Gives me Evolution vibes too!
    Please no. The bulkiness, the pads, the horrible cut around the waist, the giant shoulders. The face condom. All not needed and just kinda fugly.

She has way better costumes or design her a new one.

Jean needs to be sleek.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    JEAN5.jpg
    These look good.
    Any of these would be better even though I still dont like anything on her face.The cut around the waist could be better.
    Last edited by Tank; 10-11-2021 at 10:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not X-Men itself. The rest of the books are relaunching post Inferno. Hickman has confirmed this in an interview

So Jean will be pretty different end we’re seeing signs of this already…
    I don't get what you mean. Why do you say the other books relaunching necessarily means changes for Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't get what you mean. Why do you say the other books relaunching necessarily means changes for Jean?
    I take it as saying that, while X-Men is not getting relaunched (that's already been confirmed), because Inferno looks like it will impact all of the X-characters, Jean will probably undergo some significant changes as well. I mean, about his Inferno piece, Mark Brooks did say, "I should note that every character appears here for a reason and everyone's actions and positions is on purpose. Nothing is haphazard and every character has a motivation or reaction."

Not just Jean but also Logan, Polaris, Gambit, and Havok are all laid out. Since we already know Jean is going to be involved in Percy's X Lives of Wolverine/X Deaths of Wolverine arc, which, much like HoX/PoX was, is the official pivot point for the new era, I have a feeling her placement in the poster below doesn't symbolize another extended death as much as signal a metaphorical death from which she will rise significantly changed. I wouldn't be surprised if she ditches the old codename and gets a new costume and the other characters that are laid out also undergo significant changes after Inferno. We'll see.

Last edited by Mercury; 10-11-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Green and black one is my fav!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love the darker bodysuit. How about dark blue armor and a black bodysuit? (The red in the emblem would look fab against both.)
    Those would look great too! I’m also a big fan of the X Gala design with tweaks, although the Phoenix costume still remains my all time favorite Jean look. I’m just so tired of the Marvelgirl dress and moniker. I tried to get on board but I just feel let down after anything post X-men red.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Those would look great too! I’m also a big fan of the X Gala design with tweaks, although the Phoenix costume still remains my all time favorite Jean look. I’m just so tired of the Marvelgirl dress and moniker. I tried to get on board but I just feel let down after anything post X-men red.
    I totally understand. I dislike both the codename and costume, too, but I'm happy with Jean's gradual developments over the last year or so. I have never been too worried that either the moniker or garb would last too long. Frankly, I still believe she was made to return to both in service of a greater plot or her own upcoming development. We'll see. I feel you, though!