Page 578 of 719 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean has also been dead for awhile. In that time Storm became queen of Wakanda. Storm in part because of her Wakandan ties (faith in her activated her latent divinity) became a god. So the next step up for her was to become Regent of Sol, queen of a planet of warrior mutants.

Jean on the other hand is going to need serious development after her ties to the Phoenix were stripped and then of course they ignored her nation building vision post X-Men Red. She’s not in the scale as Storm though finally she’s back in the field and hopefully they make her Phoenix again.
    Firstly, what does this have to do with their friendship? Secondly, if you're implying that Jean is somehow at a lower status than Storm, think again. If and when she chooses to take a leadership role - I would even wager to take Xavier's place - she would do so with ease. She's beneath no one; not Storm, not Emma, not Magneto, and not Xavier, as he himself has made clear throughout the years. Jean was his first student and the first of his students that he entrusted with one of his biggest covert operations.

It's also important to remember that after relinquishing her position on the Quiet Council, she was invited back and turned down the offer to found and form the new team.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean seemed to be more about ripping out abusive power structures, taking down the patrichary, or static ways of thinking. She’s powerful in a very different way than Storm...
    And again, this is why I think they would work perfectly together. They have the history to prove it.

BANNED

Eh. To be fair, she is kinda outranked in terms of status in the comics. Not that she's "beneath" those in terms of their qualities as characters, but she did get taken down a few pegs in how she is presented. Tom Taylor had her representing mutants at world conferences and we know she has had a power downgrade.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-12-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Eh. To be fair, she is kinda outranked in terms of status in the comics. Not that she's "beneath" those in terms of their qualities as characters, but she did get taken down a few pegs in how she is presented. Tom Taylor had her representing mutants at world conferences and we know she has had a power downgrade.
    Jean is one of the most well-known Marvel characters, who people recognize simply by name. I would say she and Storm are equal in terms of exposure to both hardcore and casual fans.

In terms of Krakoan politics, Jean chose to step down from her position on the QC and refused the offer to rejoin to be a co-leader of the team she founded. Funny enough, she was essentially a co-leader on the QC, only she shared leading responsibilities with more people. Nonetheless, I would wager that the members of the QC still consider her their equal. She broke ranks of her own volition in an impactful scene to do something equally as important. I don't consider that a downgrade by any means.

Furthermore, within the last year, there has been a marked improvement in how she is being depicted. Hickman started the ball rolling by presenting her as an iconoclast who bucked the system, founded the new team, and introduced its members in a wonderfully extravagant fashion. Duggan has been keeping the ball rolling by showcasing her as powerful since Cable and Planet-Size X-Men and a strong and decisive leader since the beginning of the X-Men reboot.

Regarding her powers, as mentioned before, a few people who were labeled Omega Level mutants on-panel didn't even make the list; however, Jean did. Interestingly enough, if I remember correctly, though Jean was referred to as an Omega Level Telekinetic following her recent resurrection (2017), she wasn't and hadn't been referred to as an Omega Level Telepath since the early 2000s, so, the sword cuts both ways.

Personally, I am happy with where she's at and seems to be going. The fact that Percy is including her in X Live/X Deaths of Wolverine, which is supposed to be to the next era what HoX/PoX was to this one, is a very good sign.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-12-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Now that she's off the QC I don't want her anywhere near Krakoa's political/governing body. That mess is best left to "the movers and the shakers" like Emma. I'm quite happy with her where she is leading the X-Men, being the hero and saving lives. Same goes for Storm...the entire Sol system needs her much more than Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now that she's off the QC I don't want her anywhere near Krakoa's political/governing body. That mess is best left to "the movers and the shakers" like Emma. I'm quite happy with her where she is leading the X-Men, being the hero and saving lives. Same goes for Storm...the entire Sol system needs her much more than Krakoa.
    I agree. Although I love the drama and intrigue of this era - I kind of don't want it to end - on a personal note, I don't much agree with Krakoa's politics and would rather Jean keep a healthy distance from it all. She tried to abide by that system's demands and twice (X-Force and X of Swords) realized she couldn't do it. She's much better where she is.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    She's much better where she is actively fighting for the realisation of Xavier's Dream.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Id be open to them doing more with her role in X-men. She could be the public face of Krakoa and its liason to the world at large

Just read Xmen 4. Best iteration of Jean in ages, = good characterisation, use of powers, almost a solo issue. 10 out of 10.

anyon else having problems accessing thread from Ipad, keepsing sayins my Token has Expired, so I cant reply to thread or it seems mread recenet additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Just read Xmen 4. Best iteration of Jean in ages, = good characterisation, use of powers, almost a solo issue. 10 out of 10.
    wow! Sounds absolutely amazing. Would you mind spoiling it for me with some spoiler tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    wow! Sounds absolutely amazing. Would you mind spoiling it for me with some spoiler tags?
    Im not sure how to do spoiler tags, and dont want to ruin the surprise for anyone else! I’ll pm you so bits.

What do you mean by solo issue ? That Jean is practically the only one who shines ? I love Jean but the other members of the team deserve to be highlighted too

Just read X-Men #4. I can confirm that this is an issue that every Jean Grey fan should read, buy, and cherish.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

That's why I prefer Jean single

FBhROpwWQAImXtS.jpgq

Extraordinary Member

Im not sure how to do spoiler tags, and dont want to ruin the surprise for anyone else! I’ll pm you so bits.
    You use these [spoil] and [/ spoil] and write b/w them.Just make sure to not leave a gap b/w "/" and the "spoil" for the second bracket.

So, this spoilers:
    should do the trick
    end of spoilers

Good to know, I too would like to know some spoilers if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    What do you mean by solo issue ? That Jean is practically the only one who shines ? I love Jean but the other members of the team deserve to be highlighted too
    Usually a solo issue in a team book refers to the character getting much more panel time than others.Which if writing is good, which is said it is then means they get to shine the brightest.

I've noticed Duggan did this in Uncanny as well, he picks a fav and then writes the heck out of them but it does mean others shine less.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-13-2021 at 03:45 AM.