Page 603 of 719 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 10783

I agree, I think Phoenix is the only codename that makes sense to her. Marvel Girl is so outdated and infantilizing. I'm wondering if Rachel's new codename Prestige will stick? I doubt it.

People know her widely by just "Jean Grey". The movies have also popularized her with this name and Logan and Cyclops shouting it. So why even add a new codename?

I would like something a little cosmic like "Supernova" or maybe just "Redd" from her days living in the future?! I think it has a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-22-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    IMHO, the more Jean stays away from a romantic relationship with Scott, the better she can stand out as an interesting character.

By the way... what's wrong with adopting "Marvel Woman" as codename?
    Have to agree, Unless they switch the dynamic on it's head Jean stands out much better w/out Scott.

It's clunky IMO, not to mention rebranding at this stage is something that won't stick

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean and Scott are great as they are. Keep her away from Logan and keep Scott away from Emma if we need to keep anyone away from anyone, those pairings have never brought anything positive to the other characters.
    Scott and Emma worked for him IMO and many Scott fans like him for his Utopia era and that wouldn't happen w/out Emma w/ him.I agree about Logan and Jean though

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Have to agree, Unless they switch the dynamic on it's head Jean stands out much better w/out Scott.

It's clunky IMO, not to mention rebranding at this stage is something that won't stick

Scott and Emma worked for him IMO and many Scott fans like him for his Utopia era and that wouldn't happen w/out Emma w/ him.I agree about Logan and Jean though
    Emma worked for that Scott that was getting progressively darker and more extreme in his tactics due to the desperate conditions placed on them during that era. He is in a different place in his life now and is more back to basics. They outgrew each other and I dont think Emma would work for the man he is now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree, I think Phoenix is the only codename that makes sense to her. Marvel Girl is so outdated and infantilizing. I'm wondering if Rachel's new codename Prestige will stick? I doubt it.

People know her widely by just "Jean Grey". The movies have also popularized her with this name and Logan and Cyclops shouting it. So why even add a new codename?

I would like something a little cosmic like "Supernova" or maybe just "Redd" from her days living in the future?! I think it has a nice ring to it.
    I would love a new codename for her totally unrelated to the Phoenix, in order to remind people that she was once Marvel Girl (a superheroine) and now she's an adult and better version of what she was at the beginning. Jean doesn't need the Phoenix to be an interesting character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma worked for that Scott that was getting progressively darker and more extreme in his tactics due to the desperate conditions placed on them during that era. He is in a different place in his life now and is more back to basics. They outgrew each other and I dont think Emma would work for the man he is now
    Yeah, I'm not saying they should get back together now, just that Scemma was the prefect pairing for them both in that era, I hate how they started but it all made sense.I do think in this era Jean should not be w/ Scott.Also Jean is seeing both Logan and Scott so Scott can see Emma as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying they should get back together now, just that Scemma was the prefect pairing for them both in that era, I hate how they started but it all made sense.I do think in this era Jean should not be w/ Scott.Also Jean is seeing both Logan and Scott so Scott can see Emma as well...
    Jean is only with Scott. That Logan thing seemed more like a one off in X-Force that isnt supported anywhere else. Maybe she dabbled with him but the books keep reaffirming her with Scott, especially now. She and Scott are in a committed relationship. They are presented as a married couple and unit together. At best Logan was a fling, but they definitely are not in a relationship or dating

Jean is only with Scott. That Logan thing seemed more like a one off in X-Force that isnt supported anywhere else. Maybe she dabbled with him but the books keep reaffirming her with Scott, especially now. She and Scott are in a committed relationship. They are presented as a married couple and unit together. At best Logan was a fling, but they definitely are not in a relationship or dating
    well, then Logan is a on and off fling for the past 10 years or so. lol

I think Jean is committed to two men in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    well, then Logan is a on and off fling for the past 10 years or so. lol

I think Jean is committed to two men in her life.
    Jean was dead for 7 out of the last 10 years and he's only been around Logan in the current Krakoa era bc he himself was dead for a few years
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2021 at 08:13 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I would love a new codename for her totally unrelated to the Phoenix, in order to remind people that she was once Marvel Girl (a superheroine) and now she's an adult and better version of what she was at the beginning. Jean doesn't need the Phoenix to be an interesting character.
    We’re not saying she needs the phoenix force. I think the distinction needs to be made.

The phoenix force can go away for all I care since it’s been passed around so much and is beyond convoluted.

However, she can still use the name, costume and imagery without being connected to the force. That’s exactly what she did during the late 90s-early 2000s before Morrison. She was Phoenix with the name, imagery, sometimes the costume without the phoenix force and it was great.
    Last edited by Tank; 10-23-2021 at 08:09 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean and Scott are married with an open marriage, at best. They're only truly committed to each other.

Logan's definitely not committed to Jean considering he nearly had sex with her best friend during X of Swords. But look at where Jean and Scott spend their nights: next to each other. And for that matter, Scott having sex with anyone else is only canonized in Hickman's dreams.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Although I would like to see her single for a period, I like how Duggan writes Jean and Scott as a couple, i.e., as equals. It’ll be interesting to see if their dynamic shifts after Inferno and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine.

BANNED

It's too much to hope for a shakeup with the flagship because that book just launched but I think it needs one. Not just getting rid of the Jott regression, but the book needs some more sauce in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean and Scott are married with an open marriage, at best. They're only truly committed to each other.

Logan's definitely not committed to Jean considering he nearly had sex with her best friend during X of Swords. But look at where Jean and Scott spend their nights: next to each other. And for that matter, Scott having sex with anyone else is only canonized in Hickman's dreams.
    I don’t agree with this.

Logan was clearly drunk when that took place. Having the desire to have sex with Storm does not mean Logan would have sex if he was fully sober. Intent and a clear mind is more telling of a person than hidden desires that humans normally try to suppress. It’s more telling that he is trying to be a different kind of person if he is going against his natural instinct.

Extraordinary Member

In X-force and in Wolverine, and it's still canon regardless of what book it happpens in and Scott is aware.
    A fling that's still going on that is

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t agree with this.

Logan was clearly drunk when that took place. Having the desire to have sex with Storm does not mean Logan would have sex if he was fully sober. Intent and a clear mind is more telling of a person than hidden desires that humans normally try to suppress. It’s more telling that he is trying to be a different kind of person if he is going against his natural instinct.
    And this, also I don't think Logan and Jean are exclusive in the first place

BANNED

We don't know that the Wolverine makeout sessions are still going on, and especially in regards to Jean, what's canon is only what is in the latest book.