Page 605 of 719 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I've started a thread covering some of what Jean was forced to grapple with after her return. It centers on her learning about Madelyne, who Scott and the team kept secret from her for close to a year. It'll cover pivotal moments leading up to her confrontation with Madelyne during Inferno, the confrontation itself, and the aftermath, which saw Jean struggling after having reabsorbed the fragment of her essence which animated both the Phoenix clone and Madelyne, causing her to retain both of their memories.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...60418663452678
    GREAT. I'm glad to know such a huge Jean Grey fan like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    GREAT. I'm glad to know such a huge Jean Grey fan like you.
    I’m happy you are just as big a fan! 🙏🏼

BANNED

I understand how you feel. However, many of her fans, particularly newer ones, aren't familiar with this aspect of her history. Those first three years following Jean's return are important to cover.
    There’s Wikipedia for that. History written for fans by fans.

It’s a detailed way to contribute about knowledge of a character. Maybe you can edit wikis if you like.

BANNED

I understand how you feel. However, many of her fans, particularly newer ones, aren't familiar with this aspect of her history. Those first three years following Jean's return are important to cover.
    Read January solicitations concerning Maddie in the New Mutants!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is ancient history for many of us, and after awhile it gets boring and nonsensical.

There good things about X-Factor. Like it created Apocalypse. And Ship.

The stupid drama and the is she or isn’t Phoenix, the idea of a clone are just absurdly poor writing. It wasn’t all that great at the time, either.
    Should probably "pin" this or whatever the CBR equivalent is, crucial stuff for New fans.Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There’s Wikipedia for that. History written for fans by fans.

It’s a detailed way to contribute about knowledge of a character. Maybe you can edit wikis if you like.
    Well, one of the many benefits of running a Twitter fan account is that you can just share the information directly with people without having to resort to editing Wikis, which are usually not as detailed anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Well, one of the many benefits of running a Twitter fan account is that you can just share the information directly with people without having to resort to editing Wikis, which are usually not as detailed anyway.
    Not to mention lack of scans and context in those

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not to mention lack of scans and context in those
    Exactly. I like that you can focus on and highlight the progression of particular plot threads.

The Russell Dauterman and Rick Leonardi editions of the Phoenix omnibus are available for pre-order at 35% off ($65) from Organic Priced Books. I’ve researched this retailer and he’s gotten excellent reviews, especially because of his prices, customer service, and careful packaging.

Reminder: The omnibus includes the following:

Collecting X-MEN (1963) #97-105, #107-108 and #125-138 and PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY - and material from CLASSIC X-MEN #6, #8, #13, #18, #24 and #43; BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27 and WHAT IF? (1977) #27.
    Dauterman edition: https://organicpricedbooks.com/produ...40921708855487

Leonardi edition: https://organicpricedbooks.com/produ...14d8f13e&_ss=r

This is my first omnibus purchase and I’m too excited.

Is JDW giving hints…?

Jordan: It is. It’s very complicated. There are certainly people who have very much made the argument to let the original five X-Men be old and retire. Who cares, we’ve got a zillion other X-Men. And that’s a fair argument, but also, I’m sure there are a bunch of Jean Grey fans who are howling at that suggestion, or they’re sitting there going, “Well, it doesn’t apply to Jean because she can use the Phoenix Force a little bit,” explaining why she doesn’t have to retire. But that’s the case for every character.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/25/x-...een-book-club/

ScreenRant says:

“Nightmare's immense power allows him to take on celestial, cosmic beings such as Galactus […] the Celestials […] Ego the Living Planet and even Eternity (one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse, perhaps only second to the Living Tribunal).”
    https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...ultiverse/amp/

Jean:

ScreenRant does note:

“While some mutants such as Jean Grey have powerful psychic abilities and can banish Nightmare from their own minds, most inhabitants of Earth are not so fortunate.”
    But she did do a little more than banish Nightmare from her mind, didn’t she?

Naw, because he continues with "that is true for every character." He was just giving a reference why the retiring would not happen, using for Jean the PF, Wolverine would have his healing, others would stay eternally young for their fans, etc. As I see it, anyways.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I love Jean being a little physical!

And there is Ma Sue Ann lurking around the corner, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Naw, because he continues with "that is true for every character." He was just giving a reference why the retiring would not happen, using for Jean the PF, Wolverine would have his healing, others would stay eternally young for their fans, etc. As I see it, anyways.
    I’m grasping! Actually, the fact that he brought up and didn’t refute that she can use the Phoenix Force…