Page 61 of 719 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    That's all we get? A bed of hair and a hint of Dautermann costume from Storm's best friend?!
    It isnt out yet
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It doesn't matter what she does...it matter what's she's WEARING? Disturbing trend.

The Marvel Girl outfit is Jean's most distinctive, recognizable visual without the Phoenix identity. You can tell who she is just by a piece of that mask shape, without coloring, without full body shown, without dialogue...its distinctive. You won't mistake her for Lorna or anyone else.
    Should/could it have been better drawn by most artists or modernized? Of course.

But the discounting of anything this female character does because fans don't like what she's wearing is reminiscent of discussions of the popularity of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel being pinned to whether her hair is long or short.
    I don’t agree with this being her best/ most iconic look, but Stegman draws it really well and I think we’d be really remiss to allow it to ruin our enjoyment of some great moments.

BANNED

Imagine Jean wearing the Dauterman outfit during KiB. Then again Cates made sure her words should be more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Imagine Jean wearing the Dauterman outfit during KiB. Then again Cates made sure her words should be more than enough
    I just made this edit

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just made this edit

Wow, you are really talented, Havok83! I like this. Is this your mutant power?

While I like Jean doing this feat on her own........can you do one with Jean as Phoenix (Phoenix costume and raptor?)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t agree with this being her best/ most iconic look, but Stegman draws it really well and I think we’d be really remiss to allow it to ruin our enjoyment of some great moments.
    I agree. I read comics for so so many years and literally every one of her other outfit is better known to me than this piece of sh*t fabric from the 60s.

but I'm also starting to warm up to the campiness of Jean's ridiculous look.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-18-2021 at 02:14 PM.

I just made this edit

200% badass

costume really make a difference
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-18-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    That's all we get? A bed of hair and a hint of Dautermann costume from Storm's best friend?!
    The Marvel's Voices line of comics is meant to showcase minority characters and creators, so it's not really the place for Jean to have a significant role anyway.

I just made this edit

God is a woman

Awesome. Much better

BANNED

I just made this edit

That's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    The weird thing is that she ISN'T consistently used like this, New X-men and X-men Red are the natural progression of the character yet since the 80's she continues to be reset at the start of the next run or dead. Jean was always meant to take on a role similar to Xavier but previously and certainly in this Hickman era he refuses to allow her to fully live in that role. She was trained by the strongest telepath on the planet, she is like a daughter figure to Xavier, and according to him his successor. If only writers would let her be that, the same way they allowed Cyclops to outgrow Xavier once upon a time.

I'm so impressed in how Jean was treated in comparison to her peers and by figureheads in the superhero community, both Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Strange treated her like an equal. Which is a FAR departure from whatever her relationship is to Xavier in the era of Hickman!
    New X-Men to X-Men Red to a confident leader, using her powers in a way no other telepath/telekinetic has ever done. That is how her development should have been, with the whole ”Phoenix was holding me back, just look at how powerful I will become now”. What we got instead was ”Scooooott!” in that horrible dress from the 1960s.
    Do many of us Jean fans sound bitter? Maybe, but with good reason. All of the build up in X-Men Red, and then they regressed her.

BANNED

I liked the dress before Hickman decided it meant "weak girl". Now it's kinda ruined for me and I just think the least they could do is give her the X-Men Red look.

What she deserves is her Morrison look.

I absolutely detest the Marvel Girl name. It's not her first day at Xavier's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I liked the dress before Hickman decided it meant "weak girl". Now it's kinda ruined for me and I just think the least they could do is give her the X-Men Red look.

What she deserves is her Morrison look.

I absolutely detest the Marvel Girl name. It's not her first day at Xavier's.
    I’d like to see this outfit make it into the 616. The only thing I would add are her trademark Morrison X boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will always love this look for modern Jean. She looks like a leader and someone to be taken seriously.
    Attached Images Attached Images