Page 613 of 719 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think Jean doing someone else was even the issue. Cyclops would look really bad for leaving his wife for a woman, the White Queen, who tried to kill him and his teammates not too long ago before this incident. Plus before Morrison could anyone see the White Queen and Cyclops as a couple? No. So Morrison and Quesada killed off Jean to give Cyclops an absurdly forced forces relationship with the White Queen. This same Quesada era saw Storm sent off to the Black Panther, Polaris, Rogue, Jubilee, and the Scarlet Witch de powered, Jean and Betsy killed leaving Emma and Kitty has the only major X-Women.

Quesada was a horrible misogynist.
    Yes he was.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t think Jean doing someone else was even the issue. Cyclops would look really bad for leaving his wife for a woman, the White Queen, who tried to kill him and his teammates not too long ago before this incident. Plus before Morrison could anyone see the White Queen and Cyclops as a couple? No. So Morrison and Quesada killed off Jean to give Cyclops an absurdly forced forces relationship with the White Queen. This same Quesada era saw Storm sent off to the Black Panther, Polaris, Rogue, Jubilee, and the Scarlet Witch de powered, Jean and Betsy killed leaving Emma and Kitty has the only major X-Women.

"Quesada was a horrible"

You don't need to add anything before or after that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Quesada was a horrible"

You don't need to add anything before or after that
    True. Quesada was horrible. There are a lot of other things I could call him
    Out on, but this was just his treatment of female characters.

Quesada at one point wanted to dismantle all the classic heroes like Cap and Thor and leave villains in charge. Disney buying Marvel and the rise of the MCU finally wiped out Quesada’s control.

I couldn't see them as a couple even AFTER Morrison - it wasnt until some time into Astonishing that I could, and even then it requires the implication about how Emma actually falling in love with Scott wasn't part of her initial plan.

Don't forget selling Spidey and MJ's marriage to the devil against that era in Marvel as well. Established couples and powerful women had targets on thier backs based on orders from on high.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I couldn't see them as a couple even AFTER Morrison - it wasnt until some time into Astonishing that I could, and even then it requires the implication about how Emma actually falling in love with Scott wasn't part of her initial plan.
    Well, what I remember of Morrison's run had the whole affair, then Jean basically mind raping Cyke into getting together with Emma to prevent a bad future, was there anything else between them in Morrison's run?

Don't forget selling Spidey and MJ's marriage to the devil against that era in Marvel as well. Established couples and powerful women had targets on thier backs based on orders from on high.
    I think Janet got killed at that time for similar reasons.

It's honestly surprising nothing much happened with Sue back then, F4 only got screwed 'cause of the Disney shit years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    ...then Jean basically mind raping Cyke into getting together with Emma to prevent a bad future...
    What a disingenuous take. As the White Phoenix, Jean altered reality. She didn't mind rape anyone.

Jean told Scott to live. He interpreted that as getting together with Emma. She didnt force their relationship. She only removed the guilt that lead to him falling into a depressive state. If he wanted to, he could have chosen to pick himself up and lead the Xmen without Emma, but he wanted her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean told Scott to live. He interpreted that as getting together with Emma. She didnt force their relationship. She only removed the guilt that lead to him falling into a depressive state. If he wanted to, he could have chosen to pick himself up and lead the Xmen without Emma, but he wanted her
    I don't think he interpreted anything. It was established that she literally rewrote reality. He wouldn't be aware of her doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What a disingenuous take. As the White Phoenix, Jean altered reality. She didn't mind rape anyone.
    Cyclops wanted to leave the team and Emma behind, Jean forced him to change his mind, it's one thing to convince someone to do something else, it's still within their own choice to make that change, it's another to use your powers to force that change, either way what she's doing is questionable, though it is to save the world from a bad future, at least.

But then again, "mind rape" is probably bad wording on my part.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Cyclops wanted to leave the team and Emma behind, Jean forced him to change his mind, it's one thing to convince someone to do something else, it's still within their own choice to make that change, it's another to use your powers to force that change, either way what she's doing is questionable, though it is to save the world from a bad future, at least.

But then again, "mind rape" is probably bad wording on my part.
    No one can make a bulletproof case of what "live" actually entailed. All we have are possible interpretations and educated guesses.

So yes: "mind rape" is really bad wording. Most especially on an appreciation thread.

I love this recently tweeted piece by Evgeny Bornyakov (@EvgenyBornyakov):

Jean as Dark Phoenix has dropped on Fortnite. (I just learned what Fortnite is, lol!)

Here's the tweet announcing her appearance with animation:

https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1458947856715370498

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love this recently tweeted piece by Evgeny Bornyakov (@EvgenyBornyakov):

WOW! Love this pic! Jean Phoenix gorgeous and powerful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The official Fortnite tweet. Already close to 7k likes and over 1k RTs in less than half an hour.

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/sta...47653950226433