Page 622 of 719 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    HeÂ’s the co-leader of the team, which has been established by Hickman, Duggan, and White. That you insist on stating otherwise, despite what editorial and the creators have established and how she is currently being written in X-Men, is either you being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse or purposefully diminishing and trashing her role in the new team. ItÂ’s almost as if you donÂ’t want her to be co-leader.

So then why bring it up as if he had anything to do with it?

You constantly contribute to the negativity being thrown at her and do it in a very insidious manner, all the way down to your irreverent signature. As a big fan and supporter of Jean, I find your incessant negativity tiresome to read over and over and over again, especially in what is supposed to be her appreciation thread. Frankly, you come off embittered.

Then again, IÂ’m not the only one who feels this way and certainly not the only one who has said something to you publicly about it. Just a few days ago, a person who isnÂ’t even a Jean fan - a detractor, in fact - called you out for doing the same thing in one of the other threads regarding Jean. When you have someone who actually dislikes Jean questioning your criticisms of her and how she is currently being portrayedÂ…well, that speaks for itself.

I come in here to share news about and enthusiasm for Jean, not to read the same crap about her being expendable, useless, and not being a leader, even though itÂ’s been established that she is the co-leader of the new team. I donÂ’t see what you get out of doing this and I certainly donÂ’t see what you expect her fans to get out of it.

I donÂ’t plan on addressing this matter any further with you.
    I would prefer her to be THE leader of a team. Co-leader is simply nominal.

As far as Emma, I mentioned her as the other shipping option who got away because she has her own independent thoughts and self-actualizing stuff to do.

My "insidious" signature is actually a very real quote.
    Edit: Oh and a hilarious Twitter joke from Gail Simone.

Not sure who you mean by detractors but it really doesn't matter. They are free to detract from whatever character they want, whether Jean or someone else; it's good for the comedy.

Fantastic Member

I hope this is not from the Disney+ storyboard. While this looks exciting, The Phoenix with Jean is always a bad omen, coz all the Jean/Phoenix stories always ends up Jean dying. Every. single. time. I used to be excited when Jean possess the phoenix, but the end game is always the same. So keep the darn bird away from Jean....
    Last edited by mike7171; 11-14-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I hope this is not from the Disney+ storyboard. While this looks exciting, The Phoenix with Jean is always a bad omen, coz all the Jean/Phoenix stories always ends up Jean dying. Every. single. time. I used to be excited when Jean possess the phoenix, but the end game is always the same. So keep the darn bird away from Jean....
    Well, they already did the Dark Phoenix Saga and Jean lived. So Jean is alive and with the team (esp in 1997). I do not see them killing Jean off whether with the Phoenix or not. Maybe this is some original story involving the Phoenix but not having Jean being possessed like last time? Notice how she is wearing her new costume and does not look like Phoenix or enveloped by it, Jean is flying below it. Or I could be wrong!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    It is a from a coloring book (well I guess to be correct a coloring app) and it is somewhat old. These were posted when they first came out ... last year I guess? In the story from the coloring book it is basically the Dark Phoenix Saga (their version of it) if I recall correctly, but it has the characters in the new designs we saw from the Disney plus avatars.

Someone else probably can provide more details. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Speaking of the Phoenix, I’ve been thinking about what Marvel Studios has planned for the X-Men besides reviving the animated series. We know they’re developing Deadpool 3, Kevin Feige suggested that Wade will appear in the MCU, which was later teased at in the Free Guy promo. The post-credit scene for Venom: Let There Be Carnage gives us an idea on how that’s going to happen. The Free Guy promo was released a few hours before the Loki finale and I don’t think that was a condolence.

Deadpool 2 introduced Hope Summers and I believe she is going to return for Deadpool 3. I have a strong feeling that Hope is going to become the new Phoenix and maybe the reincarnation of Jean like it was originally planned in the comics. There are a number of reasons why I believe this. For starters, the Disney merger was finalized in March 2019, just three months before the Dark Phoenix movie released in theaters. Between that time a voice-over narration was added at the end movie where Jean as Phoenix implies that she will return and that the film is a new beginning for the X-Men. Here’s the quote:

This is not the end of me or the X-Men. Its a new beginning.

Writer/director Simon Kinberg said that was a last minute addition in the commentary according to this article. I also talked to someone who saw an earlier version of the film back in January 2019 and he says that voice-over wasn’t in the version he saw.

Patrick Stewart said he had a long conversation with Kevin Feige in late 2019 about returning as Professor X and he is heavily rumored to have a supporting role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Plot leaks suggest that his role mirrors the one Xavier had in spoilers:
    House of M and Wanda creates the Hex around the multiverse. We all know that Hope’s very existence is connected to the events of that storyline.
    end of spoilers

When WandaVision was airing, lot of people were comparing Wanda to movie Jean and the parallels are not by accident. WandaVision was taking a lot of inspiration from the Darker Than Scarlet (aka Dark Scarlet Witch) storyline, which lead to the events of Avengers: Disassembled and House of M. It was co-written by John Byrne, who was co-creator of the Dark Phoenix Saga. He used the DPS as the blueprint for the storyline. Wanda having a mental breakdown, reaching the full potential of her powers, becoming a villain with her inhibitions removed, being manipulated for her power, etc. He even homages scenes from the saga. For example:

And of course, Avengers vs X-Men tried to connect the Dark Phoenix Saga and Dark Scarlet Witch Saga by saying the Phoenix Force and Chaos Magic were cosmic yin and yang.

WandaVision basically did the same thing its source material did as shown in this video.

Director Matt Shakman isn’t even subtle about it in an ET interview (he also worked on Game of Thrones and is friends with Sophie Turner). As he compares Wanda’s transformation to a Phoenix being reborn.

Lot of conversations about when that would happen, would that happened early on, and then would the battle between Agatha and Wanda be a battle between the Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness? But we really loved this idea of identity being the crux of that fight. It's the same thing that's driving the Vision fight too. "Who am I? Who is the real Vision?" And here's Agatha saying, "You think that you're one thing, but you're actually this other thing completely." And Wanda's saying, "I'm not that thing. I'm not that thing," until she gets to the end and she's like, "I am that thing." And like a Phoenix reborn from the ashes, she allows herself to basically die. She comes right to the edge. All of her power is taken from her and then she pulls it all back and in an explosion becomes herself. And she says, "I don't need you to tell me who I am." So, it's about identity, and when we finally latched on to where we felt it would play best structurally, the pieces kind of fell into place.

So those are the reasons I think we are going to see the Phoenix in the MCU very soon.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-14-2021 at 11:48 AM.

There was also this Dark Phoenix easter egg in episode 8. Notice the “X” on the belt.

Last edited by Gnostic; 11-14-2021 at 12:15 PM.

So when is Xmen 97 supposed to air? And am i right to assume this is how Disney are introducing mutants, so we wont see mutants / xmen in MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    So when is Xmen 97 supposed to air? And am i right to assume this is how Disney are introducing mutants, so we wont see mutants / xmen in MCU?
    Well, we’ll see one of them in the MCU next year in an upcoming film.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    2023. I'm not sure if the cartoon will have anything to do with the actual MCU. I don't think they know it for sure at this point either.

EDIT

Nevermind. Misread.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-14-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Going back, would you guys want Jean to have the PF in the in 97'? Or is everyone tired of the PF?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I would like to see Rachel make her (full) debut and her having the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Going back, would you guys want Jean to have the PF in the in 97'? Or is everyone tired of the PF?
    It would be cool to see Jean with her Phoenix imagery and thriving on it. Something that I really loved about Jean and the Phoenix was her internal struggle about the power/identity and how she came to accept it at the end, it was quite beautiful when she decided to claim her identity as Phoenix that time in Alaska, and then the progression to the Morrison run where she naturally becomes one with Phoenix because it's a part of herself. Something like that would be good. Of course, without the dying part. At the end I just hope they do her justice and potray her in a good, dynamic and fun way, being a capable hero, with or without her firebird.

About being tired of the PF, I'm tired of the Phoenix being used as a power-up for everyone in the Marvel Universe from Colossus to Howard the Duck to the point is not even related to the original Phoenix herself now. I mean, they are not giving away Chaos Magic or Darkchild's free samples to every hero or villain in the world as power-ups so, why Phoenix? that's what's tiresome about Phoenix nowadays, but the connection of Jean with it will never not be interesting and emotional for me. I only care for Phoenix when is Jean related (the solely exception is Rachel), if not then it's not relevant at all for me.

Well this is interesting.

The M’Kraan Crystal is in the MCU!

I prefer Jean with no headgear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I agree with this. No head gear, no shoulder pads!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No ponytail either. Just long, flowing, luscious red hair! <sigh...>
    My only issue with the head gear is when it has no interaction with her hair and becomes basically just a graphic facepaint. It need'nt go to the extent of being a pony-tail holder but , it should be doing something up there like a headband would...

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-14-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.