Page 630 of 719 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    OMFG. The executive producer of X-Men '97 just tweeted this at me, "You are now my unofficial Jean Grey researcher :wink:," after reading my first #JeanGreyFeats thread. I can't. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    ahh. So cool. You should start posting a top ten greatest Jean Grey comicbook moments of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ahh. So cool. You should start posting a top ten greatest Jean Grey comicbook moments of all time!
    I was actually working on that. I've just been really busy. I'm also thinking of working on a 90's feats and arcs thread.

I was actually working on that. I've just been really busy. I'm also thinking of working on a 90's feats and arcs thread.
    Very good idea. I know a number of us would enjoy it and even learn a thing or two.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Very good idea. I know a number of us would enjoy it and even learn a thing or two.
    I'm asking you and everyone else in this thread to share your favorite 90s to 2000s (pre-Morrison) feats and arcs if you can. I already have some in mind.

I'm asking you and everyone else in this thread to share your favorite 90s to 2000s (pre-Morrison) feats and arcs if you can. I already have some in mind.
    Sure thing. I will start thinking of some....

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

OMFG. The executive producer of X-Men '97 just tweeted this at me, "You are now my unofficial Jean Grey researcher :wink:," after reading my first #JeanGreyFeats thread. I can't. ����������������
    Congrats! We're so lucky to have a showrunner who's on our side this time, it makes my hype for the show so much bigger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Duh bc its irrelevant. No one in a professional career is listing jobs from high school or college that arent related to their current career. I doubt Jean would list model on her resume either. That wasnt my point though. Some judgemental close minded people may laugh and use this as gossip fodder but he's accomplished alot and his CV is enough to shut anyone up and he deserves the respect he gets based on that and the amazing work he has done since and continues to do. Jean Grey has done so much in the realm of superheroics and service that her blip as a model shouldnt define her or be something to discredit and devalidate her accomplishments

What a regressive take. Like we just had a pandemic which saw unemployment rise leading to many skilled invidivudals taking low paying jobs to make ends meet. That speaks nothing of their intelligence or skill level. Jean was a model during her college years. She was like 20, maybe 21 and didnt have a degree yet nor did she have a permanent home as it was a transient time in her life. There was nothing wrong with her taking odd jobs here and there, including modelling.
    It’s not at all regressive.

Will they have Professor Xavier or Magneto mowing lawns as teenagers or selling lemonade as kids in the movies? Absolutely NOT!

Figure out the reasons why and you will have all those reasons why Jean won’t be a waitress or a model.

No male genius in Marvel is ever shown as doing a low end, crap job or a low skilled job. Even Peter Parker started out as a photographer. Though he was not paid much for quite sometime, bring a photojournalist is a skilled, respectable job.

Models are just pretty faces. You might as well be just a mannequin. It’s not a job for one of the most powerful minds in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Will they have Professor Xavier or Magneto mowing lawns as teenagers or selling lemonade as kids in the movies? Absolutely NOT!

Figure out the reasons why and you will have all those reasons why Jean won’t be a waitress or a model.

No male genius in Marvel is ever shown as doing a low end, crap job or a low skilled job. Even Peter Parker started out as a photographer. Though he was not paid much for quite sometime, bring a photojournalist is a skilled, respectable job.

Models are just pretty faces. You might as well be just a mannequin. It’s not a job for one of the most powerful minds in the world.
    It is regressive when you dismiss a person's intelligence and accomplishments bc of their job.

Hank McCoy was literally a wrestler in a circus. Peter Parker was one too.

And being a model does require skill or else anyone can do it. There are those that can make it and those that go nowhere. Jean wasnt one of the most powerful minds when she was one anyway. I dont think anyone expects that out of her in her 30s after years of experience and superheroics

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Congrats! We're so lucky to have a showrunner who's on our side this time, it makes my hype for the show so much bigger.
    Thanks! I think he's just having fun with me, though. Or maybe not. He is a big Jean fan, after all. And my account is totally dedicated to covering her history and development. In either case, I, too, am glad we have someone "who's on our side" running the show. It's exhilarating, actually.

The fact of the matter is that Jean was a model, and that's canon. Whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me or her history.

Plenty of girls studying in college do modeling jobs on weekends. Nothing wrong with doing it and gaining your money. Your take is just bad, like doing a certain job is going to make a woman less of a person just because it's not academic.

Being a model takes having a gorgeous body, face and hair. Also Poise, Grace, Dexterity, Concentration, the Ability to Control one's looks and expressions as well as the muscular control to hold still during long photo shoots.

Jean has all of these qualities. Jean was a model. And she is more than just a pretty face. I would dare say Jean is thee most powerful mind on Earth.

OMFG. The executive producer of X-Men '97 just tweeted this at me, "You are now my unofficial Jean Grey researcher :wink:," after reading my first #JeanGreyFeats thread. I can't. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    That's amazing, congrats Mercury!

I request two things

1) Push the idea of actually showing Jean and Storm as best friends/sisters since it's never been seen like ever.

2) Push to have the Phoenix make Emma explode again so I can giggle.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

OMFG. The executive producer of X-Men '97 just tweeted this at me, "You are now my unofficial Jean Grey researcher :wink:," after reading my first #JeanGreyFeats thread. I can't. ����������������
    Y'know, assuming this is serious, I wonder if Jean is the only one with "unofficial researcher", because now I'm kinda fearing that they'll go the complete opposite of what Jean used to be in the cartoon and be too powerful.

Like, characters looking powerful is nice, and considering how embarassing the Jean from the 90's cartoon used to be, she definitely could use some improvements, but going too far is dangerous if it overshadows the rest...

I'm reading X-Men since the beginning now, so I guess I can't help with this, maybe in a few months, or years with how much I postpone stuff lol.

I mean, Peter started as a wrestler.

And even if you say him essentially taking selfies is a respectful job, he generally was treated like **** at the Buggle and was underpaid, constantly had problems paying his bills, so he ironically wasn't respected that much there, and definitely was wasting his potential by staying there.

He also was a paparazzi once, definitely not considered a respectful job.

I think you're seeing a character like Jean as a larger than life type, who should only have the best jobs, or at least most fitting or whatever, which is understandable but, doesn't mean she has to be like that all the time, if she's even supposed to be like that, having jobs like this isn't necessarily a bad thing, 'cause again, it can make her relatable.

God, Jean just did a little gig as a model for a while. It's not a big deal. Why you're acting like she pursued it as her life's career?...