Page 64 of 719 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That narrative is pushed by sexists. The future won't respect it and it was only done because powerful women irk some folk.

I can't wait for some future progressive writer to give ol' Rosie's and, to a certain extent, Hickman's runs the finger.

They have nerve, honestly. Crapping on the Phoenix as if they have done something as creative.

Someone please strip their favorite dude character of his legacy and power ASAP.
    Captain Marvel made over one billion at the box office. WandaVision is getting raves reviews. Comics were stuck in the 80s as a boys club but it’s really much more lucrative when you include everyone. COVID-19 slowed things down but we will see a legit Phoenix/Jean in MCU. As an Easter egg a female clown in the circus is WandaVision was Phoenix.

BANNED

Hickman basically initially decided to put several older male characters in the forefront, along with Moira X, and to a lesser degree Emma. Everyone else became background characters.

What happened to Jean was terrible no doubt. Storm got no action till ten of swords. Cyclops got no action until
    He and Jean decided to make a team of X-Men.

That’s at least part of the problem. Everyone became Krakoan and there were no X-Men till recently. While I overall like Hickman I think he forgot which mutant characters fans actually liked......

Its taken him this long to put together in real X-Men te. Don’t me me wrong, I love a mutant society in all but Hickman spent so much time on the big picture he forgot the details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Captain Marvel made over one billion at the box office. WandaVision is getting raves reviews. Comics were stuck in the 80s as a boys club but it’s really much more lucrative when you include everyone. COVID-19 slowed things down but we will see a legit Phoenix/Jean in MCU. As an Easter egg a female clown in the circus is WandaVision was Phoenix.
    What?! I didn't notice a Phoenix clown. Knew I watched that too late into the night.

Phoenix is a clown. Oh the irony.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

It wasnt a clown, it was a performer with a red corset with a x on the belt, flaming hair and wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It wasnt a clown, it was a performer with a red corset with a x on the belt, flaming hair and wings.
    I would love to see that! I can remember when Jean was hypnotized by Mesmero and made to perform at the circus.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

That’s at least part of the problem. Everyone became Krakoan and there were no X-Men till recently. While I overall like Hickman I think he forgot which mutant characters fans actually liked......

Its taken him this long to put together in real X-Men te. Don’t me me wrong, I love a mutant society in all but Hickman spent so much time on the big picture he forgot the details.
    Yes, he seems mostly interested in building a world. I am reading X of Swords on Marvel Unlimited at the moment and I am bored to tears. All tell and no show. Lots of exposition about a mythology I couldn’t care less about. It doesn’t feel like I am reading X-books.
    But he has lots of fans and the books sell really well. The X-books are getting a great push at the moment, which is great. I just long for stories where Jean is all that she was in X-Men Red and more.

Captain america was still the leader of avengers/uncanny avengers, Thor still was a badassand got even his own mini. Ended up being king on Asgard.

None of thee situations are close to what Jean is getting and got over the years. So I disagree with you, sexism with Jean has been very on the face for decades

That still can be read as sexism. Hickman is terrible with female characters, I still remember when he had hulk punch easily Carol on his Avengers run. The some years late she was taking on Thanos.
    Not to mention Jean was literally killed off in Morrison's run because of sexism so her husband could make out with a fake blonde on her grave without any guilt. It's no coincidence that so many female characters like Jean, Wanda, Storm, etc. were sidelined in the 2000s because Marvel was living vicariously through pushing the fake blonde who was like a wet dream for them.

I didn't bother with Hickman's Avengers run but I'm not shocked to hear he treated Carol that way. Carol is another character who has suffered a lot editorially.

Marvel has never retconned an entire run. Ever. So I doubt Hickman’s run will be retconned.
    Morrison's run was basically entirely retconned besides the STD known as Scemma which was thrust on the readers for almost a full decade. I'm sure when the X-Men premiere in the MCU, the comics will adjust to match their portrayal there.

BANNED

I need Scemma to come back ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Not to mention Jean was literally killed off in Morrison's run because of sexism so her husband could make out with a fake blonde on her grave without any guilt. It's no coincidence that so many female characters like Jean, Wanda, Storm, etc. were sidelined in the 2000s because Marvel was living vicariously through pushing the fake blonde who was like a wet dream for them.

I didn't bother with Hickman's Avengers run but I'm not shocked to hear he treated Carol that way. Carol is another character who has suffered a lot editorially.
    That was a clear example of sexism that Jean suffered, she was put on a refrigerator. Not different from Gwen Stacy, maybe even worse.

Jean have been a victim for decades of sexism, people are so used to have female characters trashed that they simply don't register it. I know that crap happen with male characters but it is never on same level, not even close.
    I'm not even sure if the writers are self aware of their own decisions.

The Carol/Hulk fight was extra mean, at least this is what it looked to me. She was winning than it was just Hulk faking it and them he beats her easily with a smile on his face. It should have been a more balanced fight

So did you guys enjoyed the last issue of KiB #4? Jean showed quite the Omega Level feat in there. I am still sad that we don't see the same from Storm yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    So did you guys enjoyed the last issue of KiB #4? Jean showed quite the Omega Level feat in there. I am still sad that we don't see the same from Storm yet.
    Pretty happy, it was how jean should be always written. Well I guess they hae big plans for Storm on the future, so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yes, very much so! Jean is a super Omega Mutant and her fans need to see her do things of this level of power.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Pretty happy, it was how jean should be always written. Well I guess they hae big plans for Storm on the future, so there is that
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, very much so! Jean is a super Omega Mutant and her fans need to see her do things of this level of power.
    Yep, it was pretty cool to see her OLM feat. I was surprised and she was cool, I liked her. Hope to see more of her like that.

Yeah, big plans in the cosmo. I am looking forward to that!