Page 645 of 719 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think the memory dump radicalized her leading her to stuff all her emotions inside her(hence why she may come of as cold) to get any sense of control over her life(because she was scared out of her mind and desperate)
    I can see that - she's acting cold because the alternative is to go white hot with rage.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Isn't that the point? She isn't the older Jean we all know and love, therefore cannot really be considered OOC.
    You are right HAHAHA

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about what Jean was doing, but after reading the whole issue, it doesn't bother me. It's messy, but in a Jean way. It comes from a place of love and best intentions, not maliciousness.

Jean (the adult one) does have a history of utilizing her telepathy in questionable ways, even if you understand her intent (Phoenix manipulating Kate's parents, Jean accidently revealing Ororo's feelings to Forge). Like Hickman said, Jean is very open to the thoughts and feelings of others. That's just who she is as a telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    At first I wasn't sure how I felt about what Jean was doing, but after reading the whole issue, it doesn't bother me. It's messy, but in a Jean way. It comes from a place of love and best intentions, not maliciousness.

Jean (the adult one) does have a history of utilizing her telepathy in questionable ways, even if you understand her intent (Phoenix manipulating Kate's parents, Jean accidently revealing Ororo's feelings to Forge). Like Hickman said, Jean is very open to the thoughts and feelings of others. That's just who she is as a telepath.
    And accidentally uncovering and speaking out loud about Ororo's claustrophobia.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    omg. Yes! You just reminded me! And this story is 35 years old! It's one of my favorites.

Also, does anyone know what issue this is from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

It's one of the vignettes from Classic X-Men, but I don't remember the exact issue.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It's one of the vignettes from Classic X-Men, but I don't remember the exact issue.
    The Polaris and Jean panel? Really?

The Polaris and Jean panel? Really?
    I thought you were referring to the Jean and Ororo story. Not all pictures even register as being there when I'm on my phone at work. And I'm not referring to there being an icon for a picture I can't view, there is nothing to clue me in that there was a pic at all in the post.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I thought you were referring to the Jean and Ororo story. Not all pictures even register as being there when I'm on my phone at work. And I'm not referring to there being an icon for a picture I can't view, there is nothing to clue me in that there was a pic at all in the post.
    Oh, no. I know what issue that story is from - Classic X-Men #2.

I can't remember where the Jean and Lorna panel comes from, which is driving me a little nuts.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yes, another good example.

New X-Men 132.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    New X-Men 132.
    Thank you, love!

The Red Dragon

Jean doesnt always do the right thing. This Polaris thing is not one of those times though.

See this is why we cant have a well rounded Jean Grey, people flip their lids if she does something that could be interpreted as wrong. Jean’s not a saint and I don’t want her to be one. Those putting her on a pedestal is a huge disservice to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean doesnt always do the right thing. This Polaris thing is not one of those times though.

See this is why we cant have a well rounded Jean Grey, people flip their lids if she does something that could be interpreted as wrong. Jean’s not a saint and I don’t want her to be one. Those putting her on a pedestal is a huge disservice to her character.
    Tank! We agree! ��

Five issues in and I’m really digging that Duggan is tapping into Jean’s leadership, aggressivity, & Omega Level power, while underscoring that she is an unparalleled empath who relies on “love and kindness” & has her own guilts and insecurities. #Layered

Sorry if it's already been posted, Jean in the ilusion/vision of Tony Stark in today's Iron Man #14Iron Man (2020.jpg