Page 654 of 719 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 10783
  1. #9796
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jesus Christ no. It looks exactly as I pictured it would: corny, gaudy, and just...��
    Well, it is better than an all-black costume.

    Seems like no costume will make all of Jean Fandom happy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  2. #9797
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, it is better than an all-black costume.

    Seems like no costume will make all of Jean Fandom happy.
    Actually, an all-black costume would be better. Her red hair would pop and her character would carry the rest.

  3. #9798
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Actually, an all-black costume would be better. Her red hair would pop and her character would carry the rest.
    I like bright colors for Jean, especially her iconic and classic green and yellow or gold.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  4. #9799
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like bright colors for Jean, especially her iconic and classic green and yellow or gold.
    Yeah, we definitely differ there. My favorite looks are the Portacio (X-Factor), Kubert (Age of Apocalypse), Quietly (New X-Men), and Asrar (X-Men: Red) designs, which all consist of darker palettes. I do love the original Phoenix costume, though. Bright green and gold/yellow are hard to pull off without looking gaudy, though I do like them as accents, with black being the central color.

    Aside from the Phoenix costume, the only other prominently green official costumes I’ve liked somewhat are Dauterman’s Gala design, though even that is a little too busy for my tastes, and his retweak of Asrar’s design. However, my favorite prominently green design for her is Luciano Vecchio’s uniform, which I’ve posted several times before. The design and overall silhouette are incredibly fresh, while his choice of green is perfect. I would love to see her in something like this.


  5. #9800
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yeah, we definitely differ there. My favorite looks are the Portacio (X-Factor), Kubert (Age of Apocalypse), Quietly (New X-Men), and Asrar (X-Men: Red) designs, which all consist of darker palettes. I do love the original Phoenix costume, though. Bright green and gold/yellow are hard to pull off without looking gaudy, though I do like them as accents, with black being the central color.

    Aside from the Phoenix costume, the only other prominently green official costumes I’ve liked somewhat are Dauterman’s Gala design, though even that is a little too busy for my tastes, and his retweak of Asrar’s design. However, my favorite prominently green design for her is Luciano Vecchio’s uniform, which I’ve posted several times before. The design and overall silhouette are incredibly fresh, while his choice of green is perfect. I would love to see her in something like this.

    I also do not usually like overly-complicated designs in general and specifically because the artist never keeps up with them and the look worsens!

    Dauterman's Gala outfit could easily be re-tweaked to make into a costume, leaving out ornate details and adding more prudent things like a boot vs heels, etc. That green I liked, even if darker than Jean's usual green.

    The look above is too much like Jean's red/blue costume which I "hated it", lol! I also do not like the green. To me that is more of a Lorna green.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  6. #9801
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also do not usually like overly-complicated designs in general and specifically because the artist never keeps up with them and the look worsens!
    This is so true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Dauterman's Gala outfit could easily be re-tweaked to make into a costume, leaving out ornate details and adding more prudent things like a boot vs heels, etc. That green I liked, even if darker than Jean's usual green.
    I agree. I would remove the headpiece, the gold pieces on her hands and footwear, and the skirt-cape. I love the silhouette of the design, though, which is totally inspired by Portacio’s X-Factor uniform. I would probably turn the dark green to black but keep the breast plate/torso as is, i.e., light green. I suppose it would look somewhat similar to her Evolution look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The look above is too much like Jean's red/blue costume which I "hated it", lol! I also do not like the green. To me that is more of a Lorna green.
    The problem with Asrar’s design is that the shoulder armor and boots are too bulky. Vecchio streamlines it both quite nicely.

    When I look at Vecchio’s design, I see hints of the green dress, Phoenix costume, and X-Men: Red uniforms, which is what I like about it. I love that it’s a somewhat adorned costume but still manages to be simple, classic, and modern. It also has a subtle “warrior woman” vibe to it.

  7. #9802
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is so true.



    I agree. I would remove the headpiece, the gold pieces on her hands and footwear, and the skirt-cape. I love the silhouette of the design, though, which is totally inspired by Portacio’s X-Factor uniform. I would probably turn the dark green to black but keep the breast plate/torso as is, i.e., light green. I suppose it would look somewhat similar to her Evolution look.



    The problem with Asrar’s design is that the shoulder armor and boots are too bulky. Vecchio streamlines it both quite nicely.

    When I look at Vecchio’s design, I see hints of the green dress, Phoenix costume, and X-Men: Red uniforms, which is what I like about it. I love that it’s a somewhat adorned costume but still manages to be simple, classic, and modern. It also has a subtle “warrior woman” vibe to it.
    I like the idea of Jean becoming more of a warrior.

    I also do not mind a "head-wrap", going up the sides and over the forehead, as Jean's forehead looks naked in that above pic.

    I do not like the hip plates and want that smoother and more contoured to Jean's frame. Make the green a little lighter or darker and then this design could work (for me), lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  8. #9803
    Mighty Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    I still prefer my Phoenix non Phoenix costume. Gold and green with black forever!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9804
    Mighty Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    I also like my MArvel Woman costume
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #9805
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I still prefer my Phoenix non Phoenix costume. Gold and green with black forever!
    Clean simple beautiful. No crappy head condom or bake pan shoulder pads thank the lord

  11. #9806
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I also like my MArvel Woman costume
    This is good too without the mask

  12. #9807
    Mighty Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    I’m also a fan of this one, tho maybe just a tad streamlined….
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #9808
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like the idea of Jean becoming more of a warrior.
    I think all of her fans would like this, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also do not mind a "head-wrap", going up the sides and over the forehead, as Jean's forehead looks naked in that above pic.
    I'm so over the headgear period, be it a mask or headwrap. I like her forehead "naked" (lol), like it is when she wears the Phoenix or New X-Men costumes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    II do not like the hip plates and want that smoother and more contoured to Jean's frame. Make the green a little lighter or darker and then this design could work (for me), lol.
    I love the bottom-half of Vecchio's design because it isn't bulky. However, I can also envision the costume without the plates or mid-skirt, and the area of the torso surrounding the delineation that includes the "x" being colored black. That would look great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I still prefer my Phoenix non Phoenix costume. Gold and green with black forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I also like my MArvel Woman costume
    Did you draw these yourself from scratch? They're beautiful illustrations. The first one reminds me of Lucas Werneck's design for her (below). The second one would've been a great costume for this era, though I do want to see her in something completely new.


  14. #9809
    Marvel Girl Could Never! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, it is better than an all-black costume.

    Seems like no costume will make all of Jean Fandom happy.
    I don't think this is true. The vast majority of people loved her X-Men Blue look.
    #FreeSCEMMA

    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  15. #9810
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

    I'm so over the headgear period, be it a mask or headwrap. I like her forehead "naked" (lol), like it is when she wears the Phoenix or New X-Men costumes.

    I love the bottom-half of Vecchio's design because it isn't bulky. However, I can also envision the costume without the plates or mid-skirt, and the area of the torso surrounding the delineation that includes the "x" being colored black. That would look great.


    Lol.

    I do like this last pic . Was this designed for a book?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •