Page 658 of 719 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 10783
  1. #9856
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Grats on the re-launch of X-Men Red.
    I just noticed this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hopefully Jean gets the Wolverine treatment and juggles multiple books. Yeah but see there was 0 reason to even include that in the promo image. If Jean was getting a new costume then show it already.
    They may be going for a shock reveal for optimum publicity, especially with how many people are pining for her to get a new look.




  2. #9857
    Mighty Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just noticed this!



    They may be going for a shock reveal for optimum publicity, especially with how many people are pining for her to get a new look.



    I hope so. Like I understand the ORIGNAL mentality behind the throwback but now it's just played out and to be frank, ugly to look at, especially with the oversized gloves. In fact I would even go so far to say that it's literally beneath her to be wearing it now.

    I know between Emma, Jumbo, or hell even Storm, SOMEBODY can fix -- THAT.
    Through lightning and rain, break down the walls and unlock these chains!

  3. #9858
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,259

    Default

    People have already commented that X-men is like a stealth Jean solo. Maybe there will be a reshuffle next year and it morphs into Red and leans into the Jean angle as lead

  4. #9859
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Jean should use her TK power to rearrange molecules and play with different looks, colors, costume details----which we get to see on-page.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  5. #9860
    Marvel Girl Could Never! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Grats on the re-launch of X-Men Red. Hopefully Jean gets the Wolverine treatment and juggles multiple books.



    Yeah but see there was 0 reason to even include that in the promo image. If Jean was getting a new costume then show it already.
    I would wager that X-Men Red is just a title.
    #FreeSCEMMA

    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  6. #9861
    Mighty Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I would wager that X-Men Red is just a title.
    If it is then marvel just trolling Jean at this point.
    Through lightning and rain, break down the walls and unlock these chains!

  7. #9862
    Marvel Girl Could Never! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If it is then marvel just trolling Jean at this point.
    I mean, there are probably red-related characters in it.

    I think Jean will continue to be in Duggan X-Men.
    #FreeSCEMMA

    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  8. #9863
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I hope so. Like I understand the ORIGNAL mentality behind the throwback but now it's just played out and to be frank, ugly to look at, especially with the oversized gloves. In fact I would even go so far to say that it's literally beneath her to be wearing it now.
    At this point, unless it's servicing character development, it is beneath her to be wearing this costume. However, I have a hunch that her costume change, which both Duggan and Larraz have alluded to, is going to coincide with a major shift for her. So, I can understand editorial not wanting to reveal it passively on an initial promo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have already commented that X-men is like a stealth Jean solo. Maybe there will be a reshuffle next year and it morphs into Red and leans into the Jean angle as lead
    As I noted in the other thread, I would love it if Scott remained on X-Men as leader and Jean moved back to X-Men: Red and resumed her position as leader. Also, Jean did talk about "splitting the team" in issue #3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean should use her TK power to rearrange molecules and play with different looks, colors, costume details----which we get to see on-page.
    God, I would love this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I would wager that X-Men Red is just a title.
    I'm tempted to side with you and err on the side of caution but my enthusiasm cannot be contained.

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If it is then marvel just trolling Jean at this point.
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I mean, there are probably red-related characters in it.

    I think Jean will continue to be in Duggan X-Men.
    We'll see.

  9. #9864
    Incredible Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean should use her TK power to rearrange molecules and play with different looks, colors, costume details----which we get to see on-page.
    Just as in the Phoenix saga <3 ! I also remember Rachel talking about her mother (alt Jean) doing the same thing all the time. I would love it to see it on panel with Jean again.

  10. #9865
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah but see there was 0 reason to even include that in the promo image. If Jean was getting a new costume then show it already.
    They could always be doing that that to hide her new costume (If she's getting one that is), something like that was done in Young Allies, where covers showed Anya with her Araña costume, to hide that she was changing her costume because of Grim Hunt's events in ASM.

  11. #9866
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They could always be doing that that to hide her new costume (If she's getting one that is), something like that was done in Young Allies, where covers showed Anya with her Araña costume, to hide that she was changing her costume because of Grim Hunt's events in ASM.
    Exactly. I'm cautiously excited.

  12. #9867
    Mighty Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    At this point, unless it's servicing character development, it is beneath her to be wearing this costume. However, I have a hunch that her costume change, which both Duggan and Larraz have alluded to, is going to coincide with a major shift for her. So, I can understand editorial not wanting to reveal it passively on an initial promo.
    I'll trust in the process for now. I just hope that at the end of 2022 we're not still having this talk lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They could always be doing that that to hide her new costume (If she's getting one that is), something like that was done in Young Allies, where covers showed Anya with her Araña costume, to hide that she was changing her costume because of Grim Hunt's events in ASM.
    Like I said with Merc, I'll trust the process. I just wish they would read the room already. Like literally no one is here for this costume at this point.
    Through lightning and rain, break down the walls and unlock these chains!

  13. #9868
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'll trust in the process for now. I just hope that at the end of 2022 we're not still having this talk lol.
    Chiiile...you and me both!

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I just wish they would read the room already. Like literally no one is here for this costume at this point.
    Same.

  14. #9869
    Incredible Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'll trust in the process for now.I just hope that at the end of 2022 we're not still having this talk lol.
    Please

    10char

  15. #9870
    Incredible Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Jean is in the middle next to Xavier and Magneto makes me believe in the possibility of her having greater relevance. Regarding the costume, I've already lost hope

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •