Page 661 of 719 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Chiiile...
    If you look at the “Destiny” teaser for Hope, you’ll notice that there is a lot of destruction in the background. Prehaps suggesting that the six-second war is still a possible fate for Hope.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-06-2021 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Realized that it was the six “second” war not minute

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    If you look at the “Destiny” teaser for Hope, you’ll notice that there is a lot of destruction in the background. Prefers suggesting that the six-second war is still a possible fate for Hope.
    It's an interesting theory. Again, I don't think the Phoenix Force is going to be used outside of Echo, but that doesn't mean this six-second or minute war won't happen.

It's an interesting theory. Again, I don't think the Phoenix Force is going to be used outside of Echo, but that doesn't mean this six-second or minute war won't happen.
    Yeah. Though I think it would be fitting if they reveal that Hope channels a fragment of the Phoenix’s power in the resurrection protocols. Since both the mythological Phoenix and the Phoenix Force are about rebirth.

Yeah. Though I think it would be fitting if they reveal that Hope channels a fragment of the Phoenix’s power in the resurrection protocols. Since both the mythological Phoenix and the Phoenix Force are about rebirth.
    Where would they fit that in though? The jobs of each of the 5 pretty much touch on every aspect of the resurrections. I will admit that in Hope's case her power was nudged to fit.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Frankly, the only character I want revealed to naturally channel a fragment of the Phoenix Force is Jean. Mind you, I’m quite content with her being separated from it indefinitely. However, as an artistic tool in the Marvel Universe, the Phoenix Force was created for and because of Jean. It would be fitting to have it revealed and re-canonized that Jean, in essence, is a fragment of the Phoenix Force.

Random thoughts and musings:

- At this point, I am choosing to believe that Jean's choice of uniform belies her overall internal landscape (i.e., thoughts and feelings), as implied with the dream sequence in X-Men #4. Hopefully, the shedding of her classic garb and moniker is in the not-so-distant future and timed for maximum impact and character development.

- I wonder, was Jean’s suggestion that the team split up in X-Men #3 foreshadowing of the relaunch of X-Men: Red and her headlining it, as she did during its inaugural run? (Another theory I’ve seen floating around is that it will be a series centered on Storm and Arrako, which would be smart and exciting. [Ororo is my second favorite X-Man.] Personally, I envision Jean headlining X-Men: Red and Ororo headlining Immortal X-Men.)

- I hope Jean’s future character development is informed by the following: Her time-displacement, especially in terms of the exploration of her powers (i.e., her ability to telepathically siphon/absorb and use psionic energy); the murder of her entire family by the Sh’iar Death Commandos; and her emotional growth as a result of experiencing and transcending death and having both emerged from stasis in 1986 and been resurrected in 2017. These core aspects of her rich history and how they have changed her have not been adequately explored nor integrated into her personality.

- Now that Madelyne Pryor is back, will we finally see her and Jean move beyond an adversarial dynamic? After all, Jean not only defended her when she found out Scott was married to her with child, she also surrendered her soul to Mephisto to save Madelyne and Nathan Christopher.

- Finally, I hope resurrecting Jean’s sister, Sara, and her children, Gailyn and Joey - all suspected mutants - has been or will be considered and discussed. Claremont had the idea of revealing Sara to possess the ability to both detect mutants and activate latent abilities in them. Both Gailyn and Joey were said to possess mutant abilities, though I don’t believe these abilities were specified. (I think Gailyn was once depicted levitating.) In either case, it would be great if Jean were allowed to reunite with at least part of her bloodline. She and Sara were very close.
    Last edited by Mercury; 12-06-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Where would they fit that in though? The jobs of each of the 5 pretty much touch on every aspect of the resurrections. I will admit that in Hope's case her power was nudged to fit.
    Allow me to explain:

Al Ewing is working on Immortal X-Men, which will likely focus on Hope and the Five, who had previously worked on Valkyrie: Jane Foster. We all know that the premise of the resurrection protocols is basically cloning a dead mutant and then implanting the clone with saved memories, essentially replacing the deceased mutant. However, #7 of Valkyrie: Jane Foster suggested that the resurrection protocols was more than just cloning. As they were literally weakening incarnation of death itself.

Perhaps Hope is (unknowingly) imbuing the clones with the life force of the deceased original with a fragment of the Phoenix Force that is still within her. As the Phoenix Force is suppose to be life incarnate, the opposite of death incarnate.

Allow me to explain:

Al Ewing is working on Immortal X-Men, which will likely focus on…
    Ororo “Storm” Munroe.

Ororo “Storm” Munroe.
    I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
    We’ll see. Everything is speculation until it’s not…

Allow me to explain:

Al Ewing is working on Immortal X-Men, which will likely focus on Hope and the Five, who had previously worked on Valkyrie: Jane Foster. We all know that the premise of the resurrection protocols is basically cloning a dead mutant and then implanting the clone with saved memories, essentially replacing the deceased mutant. However, #7 of Valkyrie: Jane Foster suggested that the resurrection protocols was more than just cloning. As they were literally weakening incarnation of death itself.

Perhaps Hope is (unknowingly) imbuing the clones with the life force of the deceased original with a fragment of the Phoenix Force that is still within her. As the Phoenix Force is suppose to be life incarnate, the opposite of death incarnate.
    Yeah I did read an article ages ago when this issue dropped about how Krakoa was messing up the cosmic order, lol.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Btw, if anyone was curious:
    Screenshot_20211207-023202.jpg

Btw, if anyone was curious:
    Screenshot_20211207-023202.jpg
    A few sources have reported that Duggan is writing X-Men: Red.

A few sources have reported that Duggan is writing X-Men: Red.
    I'm waiting for 100% concrete official confirmation of who's writing what and who's in what. Otherwise this would be me rn.

I'm waiting for 100% concrete official confirmation of who's writing what and who's in what. Otherwise this would be me rn.
    😂 The next few months are going to be so much fun. I’m praying for what I’m hearing to be true.

I need my faves headlining their own series, leading their own teams, and going out for drinks and karaoke after a hard day’s work.