Page 669 of 719 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Well, seems like its going to be a third year of questions haha
    I already did mine there hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I would love it. However, based on liked tweets and my own hunch, I think Larraz is designing it.
    I hope he is feeling inspired.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Its been 2 years

Attachment 116110
    This will be the only thing people will remember from the Hickman era lol
    Last edited by 5cents; 12-09-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Allow me to explain:

Al Ewing is working on Immortal X-Men, which will likely focus on Hope and the Five, who had previously worked on Valkyrie: Jane Foster. We all know that the premise of the resurrection protocols is basically cloning a dead mutant and then implanting the clone with saved memories, essentially replacing the deceased mutant. However, #7 of Valkyrie: Jane Foster suggested that the resurrection protocols was more than just cloning. As they were literally weakening incarnation of death itself.

Perhaps Hope is (unknowingly) imbuing the clones with the life force of the deceased original with a fragment of the Phoenix Force that is still within her. As the Phoenix Force is suppose to be life incarnate, the opposite of death incarnate.
    The Living Tribunal didn't say a word about souls. It just said that the Reaurrection Protocols made death "meaningless", which could be interpreted as "what's the point of bothering with death if everything that dies is intantly replaced by an exact copy?".

As in, death as no longer an effect over the world of the living.

Anyways, I think that story is kinda meta; is more about how nobody dies for long in superhero comics rather than a real story about the MU cosmic pantheon; I don't think a handful of people coming back from death should affect the cosmic entity Death... I mean, the Eternals have been pulling that trick for thousands of years with no ill effect...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Living Tribunal didn't say a word about souls. It just said that the Reaurrection Protocols made death "meaningless", which could be interpreted as "what's the point of bothering with death if everything that dies is intantly replaced by an exact copy?".

As in, death as no longer an effect over the world of the living.

Anyways, I think that story is kinda meta; is more about how nobody dies for long in superhero comics rather than a real story about the MU cosmic pantheon; I don't think a handful of people coming back from death should affect the cosmic entity Death... I mean, the Eternals have been pulling that trick for thousands of years with no ill effect...
    Sorry if this sounds nit-picky, but souls are not the same as life force. Characters in the Marvel Universe have been able to walk around without souls such as Nyx and Master Pandemonium. Didn’t Kurt also lose his soul in Amazing X-Men and hasn’t gotten it back since? Souls don’t give a person life.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

But she's not as she has a human mother. Also wouldn't the Phoenix Force be the Holy Spirit in this? Jean the mother, The PF is the Holy Spirit, and Rachel the daughter?
    Who says that Hope can’t have two biological mothers? I mean, that is potentially possible in real life with stem cell technology.

God is known as “the father”, so it would make sense for the Phoenix to be known as “the mother”. It was the Holy Spirit that impregnated Mary with Jesus/Yeshua, so it would make sense for Jean to be the Holy Spirit, which is suppose to be the agent of God.

BANNED

I see the Phoenix as the crone, Jean as the mother, and Hole has the maiden. The triple goddess, three in one. We saw that with different phases of the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But she's not as she has a human mother. Also wouldn't the Phoenix Force be the Holy Spirit in this? Jean the mother, The PF is the Holy Spirit, and Rachel the daughter?
    Wiccan and Speed have human parents yet they are still considered Wanda's kids. Louse Spaulding could just have been the vessel used to carry the Phoenix's child

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Sorry if this sounds nit-picky, but souls are not the same as life force. Characters in the Marvel Universe have been able to walk around without souls such as Nyx and Master Pandemonium. Didn’t Kurt also lose his soul in Amazing X-Men and hasn’t gotten it back since? Souls don’t give a person life.
    Well, the recently cloned Nightcrawler probably has a soul.

It would be fun if Dani Moonstar takes a trip to the Afterlife (because Valkyrie) and meets the twenty or so Wolverines killed by Nimrod... "Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! Bub! I am the best at what I do! No, I am ! No, me! Skint! Skint! Skint! Skint! Skint! Skint! Skint!"

Well, it wouldn't be funny for Cannonball, though...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-09-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My goodness, all those dialogue/thought bubbles in 2021. I can’t.
    Honestly, it''s not even that much lol.

If anything, at times comics may have too few dialogues, it's just annoying when I'm not rushing to finish a comic, and it ends in 3 minutes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I would have honestly loved to see Jean in ANYTHING daring in the last two years but it seems "daring" and Jean must be avoided at all costs in this era. Outside of the Dauterman pushed XMR redesign, the 90's costume in Sword, the 80's Factor costume in X-men, and her Hellfire Gala garb she has remain utterly tame, a staunch representation of her contributions, Duggan notwithstanding. I still think if Hickman cared even a little he would have done something different like put her in her NXM costume, it represented for me an edgier Jean.
    Thinking of it, considering the references to New X-Men Hickman's X-Men has, surprising he didn't put Jean in that costume.

After reading Inferno I wonder however small, if maybe just maybe Hickman originally wanted to use the actual PF and Galactus in his run before editorial mandate returned Galactus and Franklin to the Fantastic Four and oddly enough the PF to the....Avengers! But you know maybe that was an unexpected blessing in disguise, I imagine Hickman would have had detached Jean completely from the PF and had Emma, Cyke or literally anyone else taming and acting as the principle authority on the PF.

EDIT-- It just hit me, "child of the sun" lol of course Hickman would have Sunspot wielding the Phoenix Blade, at least he's consistent in his aversion to all things Jean + Phoenix!
    Would Avengers editorial even have any control over the Phoenix of X-Team wanted to get her ahead of time? She was still used when Jean was resurrected, and the original plan was for Jean to keep it from what I hear, I think Hickman just didn't care about Jean getting it again.

For me it sucks to see so many different writers jumping to add and develop these other characters meanwhile Jean is stuck in a mini dress from the 60-70's, that apparently even she doesn't like.
    Wait, if she doesn't like it then what the hell is the excuse she keeps wearing it? Lol.

She could at least stop using that ugly ass mask, her costume makes me think of Electro, only without the part where it's intentionally googy, and the mask doesn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I still want the team of X-Men Red to be: Jean, Rachel, Hope, & Madelyne. And then get Greg Land to draw it. lol They will need to wear name badges all the time.
    While I have a disdain for Greg Land, I wonder if he would put actual effort into trying to make them look different, or do his usual lazy method and copy and paste the overused faces and poses lol.

special guest appearance by Mary J. Watson. ;-)
    Don't forget Firestar .

ah guys, there is a preview up where jean wears a new costume Devil’s Reign #1.

https://www.cbr.com/us-agent-attacks...-devils-reign/

It is not super well drawn and I don't like the headpiece like this but I could live with it. A lot better than ugly ass mini skirt and doing the dishes gloves. Not sure if its spoils the new costume reveal though? It is Dauterman's Gala design:

new.jpg

still prefer her recolored X-Men Red look from my avatar pic.....
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-10-2021 at 08:52 AM.

That’s not necessarily new. It’s her Hellfire Gala outfit I believe.

Extraordinary Member

Seems like her hellfire gala fit

The Red Dragon

It is not super well drawn and I don't like the headpiece like this but I could live with it. A lot better than ugly ass mini skirt and doing the dishes gloves. Not sure if its spoils the new costume reveal though? It is Dauterman's Gala design:

new.jpg

It’s just her gala outfit without the train. Hopefully she keeps it. Phil’s art here is just rough in general and he totally missed the right design for her tiara.

That xmen red costume is an abomination covering her face, baking pan shoulder pads and ugly color blocking. No thanks!!!

new.jpg

I signed on just because of your post. It's significant that they've depicted her wearing the Gala outfit without the train. Something tells me this may be the "new costume" to which they're transitioning her. BUT, Larraz did like a slew of tweets that said he was designing a new uniform for her, so I don't know.

Frankly, after the thrill over the Gala design wore off, I realized I didn't like it much except when Dauterman draws it. I LOVE the silhouette because it's the same as her Whilce Portacio X-Factor design, but I found the Gala design too busy and I don't like the tiara. We'll see.
    Last edited by Mercury; 12-10-2021 at 10:18 AM.