Page 691 of 719 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    In the 90s while Jean was searching for Xavier, she did so through various birds. I don't know all the context of this issue, as I haven't read it, but I think this might be an example of what you're looking for.

Aha! Yes, I remember this now. So, she can telepathically influence animals.

The possibilities are endless…

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I remember you sharing this theory with me on Twitter, but totally forgot what it was. Also, it’ll be interesting to see what Feige decides he wants to do with Jean and the Phoenix Force. Is he going to pull a Grant Morrison—sans the death—or a Jason Aaron?

The suspense is killing me.
    I think Marvel to going to create their own Phoenix and tied to the nexus being concept. There probably won’t be a “Phoenix Force”. “Phoenix” will be a title for a nexus being.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I won't get my hopes up. I think we will see Prof. X and that's it. Although I would love to see a small team of Fox X-Men again: Prof. X, Jean, Quicksilver, X23, and Rogue. Seeing Quicksilver in Wandavision really gave me joy. ;-) I still think that Sansa Stark is a fantastic Jean.
    I honestly think they’ll make Hope the new Phoenix.

Note to all: It’s time to begin exploring and discussing Jean’s potential as a telepath and telekinetic—two of the most versatile powers around—and how she can wield them in ingenious and unexpected ways. I need everyone’s help on this!

So, she can influence and possibly control animals. After soulsword323 shared the page above, I was reminded of that time she communicated with and enlisted the help of dolphins in the Classic X-Men backstory “Lifesigns”:

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I think Marvel to going to create their own Phoenix and tied to the nexus being concept. There probably won’t be a “Phoenix Force”. “Phoenix” will be a title for a nexus being.

I honestly think they’ll make Hope the new Phoenix.
    If they make anyone in the X-world Phoenix, it’ll be Jean. Outside of that, it’ll be Echo. I don’t see Feige going for anyone else, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If they make anyone in the X-world Phoenix, it’ll be Jean. Outside of that, it’ll be Echo. I don’t see Feige going for anyone else, tbh.
    Considering that they seem to be building Wanda as an anti-Christ figure, I wouldn’t surprise if they adapt elements of the Messiah Saga.

Considering that they seem to be building Wanda as an anti-Christ figure, I wouldn’t surprise if they adapt elements of the Messiah Saga.
    And I can see Jean stepping in as the White Phoenix to set things right.

They're definetely not gonna introduce Hope as one of the first X-Men in the MCU. Whatever is going on with Wanda will probably be already resolved when the X-Men movie comes, and definetely before they get the chance to introduce Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're definetely not gonna introduce Hope as one of the first X-Men in the MCU. Whatever is going on with Wanda will probably be already resolved when the X-Men movie comes, and definetely before they get the chance to introduce Hope.
    Hope was already introduced in Deadpool 2 and Marvel Studios is making a sequel to that film.

Hope was already introduced in Deadpool 2 and Marvel Studios is making a sequel to that film.
    It was a cameo, at best. To introduce her as the Phoenix, they would have to make her a central character in a film. I don’t see that happening.

Incidentally:

“The powers [Hope Summers] copies are at their full capacity.” However, after mimicking Jean’s telekinesis, Hope is unable to overpower her or penetrate her telekinetic defenses.

“Hope, dear, this isn’t a battle you want to fight. You can’t beat me with my own powers.”

They're not gonna base the future of the MCU on a child from an alternate timeline of the Fox Movies. Fox characters may return in cameos but they'll reboot. Deadpool will likely only stay the same because with his 4th wall breaking he can just join the MCU while acknowledging the meta logistics of the situation + he's not that connected to the X-Men anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're not gonna base the future of the MCU on a child from an alternate timeline of the Fox Movies. Fox characters may return in cameos but they'll reboot. Deadpool will likely only stay the same because with his 4th wall breaking he can just join the MCU while acknowledging the meta logistics of the situation + he's not that connected to the X-Men anyway.
    The future of the MCU is going to be centered around the multiverse according to Kevin Feige. So that would fit with the core theme. And getting rid of Wade’s supporting cast (especially Vanessa) doesn’t seem like a smart move if you ask me.

If the MCU introduce anyone else as Phoenix but Jean, I’m going to have five strokes and an aneurysm.

Also, it was rumored that Josh Brolin will return as Cable. Isn’t he known for traveling to alternate timelines? They also made a character from the Sony films into 616 Spider-Man’s greatest enemy.

The future of the MCU is going to be centered around the multiverse according to Kevin Feige. So that would fit with the core theme. And getting rid of Wade’s supporting cast (especially Vanessa) doesn’t seem like a smart move if you ask me.
    I don't think they're gonna be focused on the multiverse forever. It's the main focus now because it's new and they're just starting to explore it. But I think that, like in the comics you can be doing a bunch of AU stuff sometimes/on the side but the main universe needs to stand on its own.

There are many ways they can go about it in regards to Deadpool. He could bring his cast too. He could have his movies in his own universe but hop to the main MCU in other movies.

And regardless of that my main point is: Hope is not a relevant enough character for Marvel to want her as one of the first X-Men. She was created for a plot that the MCU isn't gonna be doing any time soon (Decimation).