Page 7 of 719 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean with a constant Pink Phoenix effect would be such a fanboy dream come true for me.

While the early 1990s were often quite horrible for Jean, there were periods in the late 90s where she was allowed to truly shine.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 01-07-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Carlos Pacheco illustrated a stunning Jean...and X-Men in general
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not a fan of how easy Wolverine killed Jean in ”Wolverine” #2, but I do like how her psionic energy when she died really tore through his body.
    (Even though I think Jean letting lose as she died would have destroyed much more than that.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Not a fan of how easy Wolverine killed Jean in ”Wolverine” #2, but I do like how her psionic energy when she died really tore through his body.
    (Even though I think Jean letting lose as she died would have destroyed much more than that.)

Yeah...this was such a lame moment. His mutation is simply not designed to go up against her. Either psychically or physically squishing his brain, he should be down in a flat two seconds if she wants him down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah...this was such a lame moment. His mutation is simply not designed to go up against her. Either psychically or physically squishing his brain, he should be down in a flat two seconds if she wants him down.
    Couldn't he have just taken her out by surprise?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She's a telepath, but more than that, she watched him do it lol. It was definitely an eye-roll moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She's a telepath, but more than that, she watched him do it lol. It was definitely an eye-roll moment.
    Oh dang lol didn't know that, agreed.

While the early 1990s were often quite horrible for Jean, there were periods in the late 90s where she was allowed to truly shine.
    this is probably my absolute favorite Jean scene of all time. I love this moment of her cleaning the trauma of violence with her powers after Bastion attacked. It is such a beautiful, subtle, and witty way of using her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art by Terry Dodson:

must be the first time a character in his art does not have a big fat weird nose....well, still a fail because now Jean has no nose at all. lol Voldemort realness!!!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    this is probably my absolute favorite Jean scene of all time. I love this moment of her cleaning the trauma of violence with her powers after Bastion attacked. It is such a beautiful, subtle, and witty way of using her powers.
    omg i have never seen that , i love her seeing her levitating!!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Everyone was under the influence of the Ghost Girl.
    "Cable was right!"

I loved the covers of this comic bookimages (1).jpg

90s had some good Jean moments. Joe kelly wanted to do more with Jean, but editorial said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    90s had some good Jean moments. Joe kelly wanted to do more with Jean, but editorial said no.
    Did he? Because Kelly wrote her out and never used her again. Seagle is the one that had plans for Jean and kept her story going in his book until editorial stepped in. I dont recall Kelly having any plans for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did he? Because Kelly wrote her out and never used her again. Seagle is the one that had plans for Jean and kept her story going in his book until editorial stepped in. I dont recall Kelly having any plans for her
    Seagle, that might be only him then. I always assumed Kelly shared his plans