Page 701 of 719 FirstFirst ... 201601651691697698699700701702703704705711 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 10783

I was thinking here, if Jean used a superhero code name, what would it be? In addition to the ones she has used as: Marvel Girl, Phoenix .. codename Psyche a Greek cultural deity (Although it is very similar to Psylocke), or Minerva, goddess of wisdom, equivalent to Athena, Marvel Woman is very generic, but it's also a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I was thinking here, if Jean used a superhero code name, what would it be? In addition to the ones she has used as: Marvel Girl, Phoenix .. codename Psyche a Greek cultural deity (Although it is very similar to Psylocke), or Minerva, goddess of wisdom, equivalent to Athena, Marvel Woman is very generic, but it's also a good choice.

A very good question but with a very hard to find answer!

I do not like "Psyche" and it was also a name once used by Dani Moonstar. Marvel Woman while not great, keeps roots with Jean's beginning and acknowledges her being an adult.

Jean Grey is like Donna Troy---so hard to find a good code name!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I do not like "Psyche" and it was also a name once used by Dani Moonstar. Marvel Woman while not great, keeps roots with Jean's beginning and acknowledges her being an adult.

lol, I didn't know that Dani already used that code name. Her codename could be something related to her, not necessarily what her powers do, hmm, something related to desire, dreams, empathy... Hardly, it would be the same case with Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    lol, I didn't know that Dani already used that code name. Her codename could be something related to her, not necessarily what her powers do, hmm, something related to desire, dreams, empathy... Hardly, it would be the same case with Donna Troy.
    Lol, both ladies suffer from "hard-to-find-code-name-itis"!

One of my friends suggested "SuperNova" because Jean and her powers can be so explosively powerful. But yeah, not sure about that one either....lol....

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Donna Troy! My favorite DC character! Is that something I share with other Jean Grey fans?

I googled, and there was an all-seeing Greek god called Helios. I like the name. Too bad it was a male god. To my Swedish ears it could be a female name …

What about Grey, like soldiers going by their surnames? Or The Grey Queen!

But yeah, maybe something related to empathy?

Jean's codename would be perfect if they dropped the pronouns and simply called her Marvel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Donna Troy! My favorite DC character! Is that something I share with other Jean Grey fans?

I googled, and there was an all-seeing Greek god called Helios. I like the name. Too bad it was a male god. To my Swedish ears it could be a female name …

What about Grey, like soldiers going by their surnames? Or The Grey Queen!

But yeah, maybe something related to empathy?
    Well, you share it with me!

I do like Grey except it would always seem like someone is calling Jean by her last name.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Jean's codename would be perfect if they dropped the pronouns and simply called her Marvel.
    Jean is a true marvel, after all.
    I have always been fond of Marvel Woman. Just like Invisible Girl became Invisible Woman.

Well, you share it with me!

I do like Grey except it would always seem like someone is calling Jean by her last name.
    Cool! Always nice meeting a fellow Donna Troy fan. I am re-reading the classic Wolfman/Perez run. Finished the first arc with the titans of myth just a short while ago. When Hyperion made Donna fall in love with him.

Hyperion is a nice name! Makes me think of Carol Danvers’s old code name. Binary! I always liked it! And it felt like Claremont was trying to recreate Jean as Phoenix with her (heck, he always wrote new versions of Jean until Jean was resurrected). Maybe Jean could pick up the Binary name. Or something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Jean is a true marvel, after all.
    I have always been fond of Marvel Woman. Just like Invisible Girl became Invisible Woman.

Cool! Always nice meeting a fellow Donna Troy fan. I am re-reading the classic Wolfman/Perez run. Finished the first arc with the titans of myth just a short while ago. When Hyperion made Donna fall in love with him.

Hyperion is a nice name! Makes me think of Carol Danvers’s old code name. Binary! I always liked it! And it felt like Claremont was trying to recreate Jean as Phoenix with her (heck, he always wrote new versions of Jean until Jean was resurrected). Maybe Jean could pick up the Binary name. Or something like it.
    Thanks. That was a great read/run.

I felt the same way about the name/look/powers of "Binary"! I am sure Carol would not mind Jean using Binary and would be honored to give it to her. Maybe Zenith? I know an Impie Guard member uses it, but Jean is at the Peak of psychic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I wouldn’t bet anything on Marvel Studios not touching on the Dark Phoenix Saga at some point. Now, how they choose to do this is up for debate.
    Did you see Spider-Man: No Way Home? Because they…

spoilers:
    adapted The Night Gwen Stacy Died died for a THIRD time.
    end of spoilers

So the Dark Phoenix Saga isn’t off limit. Especially, giving what the ending of Dark Phoenix suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Did you see Spider-Man: No Way Home? Because they…

spoilers:
    adapted The Night Gwen Stacy Died died for a THIRD time.
    end of spoilers

So the Dark Phoenix Saga isn’t off limit. Especially, giving what the ending of Dark Phoenix suggested.
    spoilers:
    MJ falling and Andrew Peter getting to save her
    end of spoilers isn't "adapting The Night Gwen Stacy Died" again. It's a nod/parallel to a scene that happened in a previous movie (the only actual adaptation of that, yeah).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    MJ falling and Andrew Peter getting to save her
    end of spoilers isn't "adapting The Night Gwen Stacy Died" again. It's a nod/parallel to a scene that happened in a previous movie (the only actual adaptation of that, yeah).
    I’m talking about…

spoilers:
    Goblin killing someone close to Peter.
    end of spoilers

Also the first Spider-Man film did adapted elements of that story in its third act.

BANNED

Well really, Spider Man’s been out for over a week. No need for spoiler tags. They brought over both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Macguire’s Spider Men, along with many of the villains. It’s quite possible Dr. Strange to will bring over mutants from the multiverse. The rumors were correct about the SONYverse officially being pulled into MCU continuity. So they may very well be right about the Fox universe being brought in as well. There have been rumors of an epic fight between Phoenix/Jean and the Scarlet Witch.

BANNED

I pray it’s true they bring over Phoenix/Jean. A string showing will end the abominations that Aaron is throwing up. What he is doing is awful enough to give one nightmares. How does a big company like Marvel not fire such a crappy writer? He must be blackmailing them.

Most of his stuff is awful, but the one good thing he did was make Jane Foster.