Page 702 of 719 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I’m talking about…

spoilers:
    Goblin killing someone close to Peter.
    end of spoilers
    That's not adapting the night Gwen Stacy died, not even close.

That's ike saying every hero vs hero conflict that ever happened is Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That's not adapting the night Gwen Stacy died, not even close.

That's ike saying every hero vs hero conflict that ever happened is Civil War
    spoilers:
    Peter seeks vengeance on Norman and Norman (almost) dies by being impaled by his own glider (again). Both are elements from that story.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-26-2021 at 07:27 PM.

::repeat post::

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well really, Spider Man’s been out for over a week. No need for spoiler tags. They brought over both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Macguire’s Spider Men, along with many of the villains. It’s quite possible Dr. Strange to will bring over mutants from the multiverse. The rumors were correct about the SONYverse officially being pulled into MCU continuity. So they may very well be right about the Fox universe being brought in as well. There have been rumors of an epic fight between Phoenix/Jean and the Scarlet Witch.
    what the hell man why are you spoiling spiderman in a jean grey thread? MODS!!!!

BANNED

The movie is out for over a week. I’m not aware that we have to put spoilers in for a film that’s already out.

And along those lines, since rumors say Fox X-Men May be brought into Dr. Strange 2. If they do it would be interesting to see Famke and Sophie again if they are indeed going that route.

So I mention Spider Man in a Jean Grey thread because the multiverse crossovers in Spider Man II could potentially bring Phoenix/Jean over. As far as I know I’m not breaking any forum rules and even if I were, you certainly could have confronted me in a polite way instead of screaming and using profanity.

Spectacular Member

Anyone else play the original X-Men Legends? Jean was so fun in that game. I loved that her most powerful move was her least flashy, using her telepathy to stun everyone around her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Anyone else play the original X-Men Legends? Jean was so fun in that game. I loved that her most powerful move was her least flashy, using her telepathy to stun everyone around her.
    She was a GOD in that game.

Huh, surprising nothing of the like was talked about X-Men 3 then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I was thinking here, if Jean used a superhero code name, what would it be? In addition to the ones she has used as: Marvel Girl, Phoenix .. codename Psyche a Greek cultural deity (Although it is very similar to Psylocke), or Minerva, goddess of wisdom, equivalent to Athena, Marvel Woman is very generic, but it's also a good choice.

"Doctor Marvel" was suggested here a few weeks ago, something about Jean having a PhD in psychology and using the "Doctor" part in her codename? Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    A very good question but with a very hard to find answer!

I do not like "Psyche" and it was also a name once used by Dani Moonstar. Marvel Woman while not great, keeps roots with Jean's beginning and acknowledges her being an adult.

Jean Grey is like Donna Troy---so hard to find a good code name!
    Donna went by "Troia" for a while, though that can be a bit too on the nose...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lol, both ladies suffer from "hard-to-find-code-name-itis"!

One of my friends suggested "SuperNova" because Jean and her powers can be so explosively powerful. But yeah, not sure about that one either....lol....
    Super Nova would be more fitting if she has the Phoenix, and if she has the Phoenix, might as well go for the usual... Problem with Super Nova is how non-indicative it is, Super Nova would think her powers are star related, but she's a telepath and telekinetic.

Boring but practical is a good way to play games lol.

I think she would be the strongest character if Sentinels weren't such a brutal counter pick, think their presence makes her number 2? Been a while since I played it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Peter seeks vengeance on Norman and Norman (almost) dies by being impaled by his own glider (again). Both are elements from that story.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, elements does not mean adaptations.

spoilers:
    He doesn't even die, and Peter actually goes for the kill himself and is stopped by an alt. version whose Goblin had died.It isn't an adaptation in the slightest.Inspired is a stretch
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well really, Spider Man’s been out for over a week. No need for spoiler tags. They brought over both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Macguire’s Spider Men, along with many of the villains. It’s quite possible Dr. Strange to will bring over mutants from the multiverse. The rumors were correct about the SONYverse officially being pulled into MCU continuity. So they may very well be right about the Fox universe being brought in as well. There have been rumors of an epic fight between Phoenix/Jean and the Scarlet Witch.
    Because it hasn't been out for over a week for the entire world.This forum has users around the globe, not to mention this isn't even a Spider-man thread much less about the movie.People won't expect spoilers here of all places

BANNED

spoilers:
    He doesn't even die, and Peter actually goes for the kill himself and is stopped by an alt. version whose Goblin had died.It isn't an adaptation in the slightest.Inspired is a stretch
    end of spoilers

Because it hasn't been out for over a week for the entire world.This forum has users around the globe, not to mention this isn't even a Spider-man thread much less about the movie.People won't expect spoilers here of all places
    To me what matters as if the forum permits it. As far as I know then do. If they tell me they don’t, then I won’t post it. I’m not responsible for knowing the release dates for every country in the world and I am a person with three citizenships who is not currently in the US.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's why I said almost. If the creators admitted that they adapted elements from that story, would you be surprised?

Oh, shit. I just found out that The Night Gwen Stacy Died was originally going to be...

spoilers:
    The Night Aunt May Died!
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/john-romita-sr-r...-and-stan-lee/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

One of my favorite Jean Grey adaptions across any form of media, enormously powerful telepath/telekinetic.. check..meaningful relationships...check...central figure in the narrative...check... kind & compassion...incredible gameplay...template for all telekinesis used afterwards...check. If we get anything close to that on the big screen I'll be in heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She was a GOD in that game.

That game brings back such fond memories for me as a kid, and being on the tail end of Morrison’s run I was obsessed back then!

Oh, shit. I just found out that The Night Gwen Stacy Died was originally going to be...

spoilers:
    The Night Aunt May Died!
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/john-romita-sr-r...-and-stan-lee/
    Back to my point, since Marvel Studios made a third adaptation of that story in only seven years between the last attempt. The Dark Phoenix Saga has a shot.

I couldn’t resist posting this preview, but, first, I wanted to say thank you to those of you who offered up solid advice and positive feedback. I’m still thinking things over. Anyway, enjoy!

Here’s Jean, in what looks to be her Gala outfit, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Polaris.