Page 8 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seagle, that might be only him then. I always assumed Kelly shared his plans
    They worked closely together but each was doing their own plots in each book until editorial forced them to make it into one book released biweekly

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did he? Because Kelly wrote her out and never used her again. Seagle is the one that had plans for Jean and kept her story going in his book until editorial stepped in. I dont recall Kelly having any plans for her
    "
    Seagle/Kelly worked in tandem. Seagle had primary use of Jean and had the larger hand in the "big plans" for Jean - reclaiming the Phoenix identity without the concept of "Phoenix Force", with art by Bachalo....

then editorial stepped in and they had to rework plans for the anniversary issues and never got back on track.
    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-361/

For Kelly's part, he would have featured Jean in his intended version of the "Psi-War" sequel which would have ended VERY differently for Psylocke, with Jean playing Astral cavalry...
    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-363/2/

Am I the only one that loves Jen Bartel’s design for Jean’s modern costume? I love the way she designed Jean’s torso. The shape is almost phoenix like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "
    Seagle/Kelly worked in tandem. Seagle had primary use of Jean and had the larger hand in the "big plans" for Jean - reclaiming the Phoenix identity without the concept of "Phoenix Force", with art by Bachalo....

then editorial stepped in and they had to rework plans for the anniversary issues and never got back on track.

For Kelly's part, he would have featured Jean in his intended version of the "Psi-War" sequel which would have ended VERY differently for Psylocke, with Jean playing Astral cavalry...
    such a gorgeous pic. Wow! Missed opportunity to really write an interesting psy war on the astral plane...

I really think the astral plane and how all the multiple mutant psys relate to this plane could be a very interesting aspect to expand on the idea of Krakoa to a new realm.

How awesome would it have been to have Jean/Phoenix go up against the Shadow King or work with Betsy to fight the Shadow King on the astral plane!? It could have been great. We've seen Jean and Emma work together a few times but I'd love to see Jean work with Betsy more. We saw them work together in Disassembled (against Legion and Nate) which was really fun. I loved that version of Betsy (I like her current version too).

One of my favorite episodes of X-men TAS is when Jean goes into the astral plane to help Xavier against the Shadow King in the episode "Xavier Remembers".

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    How awesome would it have been to have Jean/Phoenix go up against the Shadow King or work with Betsy to fight the Shadow King on the astral plane!? It could have been great. We've seen Jean and Emma work together a few times but I'd love to see Jean work with Betsy more. We saw them work together in Disassembled (against Legion and Nate) which was really fun. I loved that version of Betsy (I like her current version too).

One of my favorite episodes of X-men TAS is when Jean goes into the astral plane to help Xavier against the Shadow King in the episode "Xavier Remembers".
    Jean did fairly well in that episode, if I remember it correctly. Although Shadow King knew of Jean Grey, he did not seem impressed by her. But Jean was instrumental in his defeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "

Thanks, I always thought Seagle and Kelly were working together even if they were on separated books.

The things that we could get from these two, Seagle even won as fan favorite writer on wizard awards.

''AIPT: And a follow-up question from X-Fan JustMJ04–will Emma Frost’s look at the Hellfire Gala be iconic?

Gerry: Jumbo never shows me a work in progress. You’d have to ask Russell [Dauterman]. He’s tight with him.''

I hope Jean appears and is well dressed ... At least it's the Dautermen

Captura de tela 2021-01-11 151701.jpg
    Last edited by andreikes; 01-11-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    ''AIPT: And a follow-up question from X-Fan JustMJ04–will Emma Frost’s look at the Hellfire Gala be iconic?

Gerry: Jumbo never shows me a work in progress. You’d have to ask Russell [Dauterman]. He’s tight with him.''

I hope Jean appears and is well dressed ... At least it's the Dautermen
    The gala will be about her team, so odds are that she will definitely be there

Cassara didnt get the memo? We left that dress in 2020

“This is too much aaaaaaaaaaaah!” *faints…
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Great Jean cover art by Cassara. Reminds me of the surreal work of DelMundo on the Legion volume of X-MEN:LEGACY or the promo art for the LEGION FX series.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-11-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Gorgeous cover!

Cassara is so good. I really adore his Jean even paired with this ugly ass costume...