Page 83 of 719 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-men is one of the most statics franchises on comics, So Jean is forced into a box were she can't grow anyway.
    Avengers had Falcon, Black panther and Monica as leaders. A lot more of diversity than X-books

The story was already crappy to start, Phoenix couldn't kill Jeean because she had to grow up to be the adult one.

I really don't get Ghost Jean being desperate, but just being a a-hole for the sake of the story

Hopeless writing the solo was a lot of waste of a book. A female writer could had told a more interesting story
    I meant desperate as in urgent and impatient and that is why she was harsh with her teenage self, possessed Emma, manipulated Teen Jean to get the phoenix spark, etc. Jean not being saint Jean is the character I prefer though I do like that she has high ideas about morality and ethics that she tries to live up to but like all of us occasionally fails at it.

You are probably not wrong about a female writer doing a better job with Teen Jean but I think the solo was still highly enjoyable and had several good moments. At least Jean got some major focus and got to star in an on-going.

The cool thing about teen jean's solo is that she was learning new skills. Her range of powers would greatly increase if used on the adult

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The cool thing about teen jean's solo is that she was learning new skills. Her range of powers would greatly increase if used on the adult
    maybe new for her but she wasnt really doing anything there that wasnt already in Jean's wheelhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    maybe new for her but she wasnt really doing anything there that wasnt already in Jean's wheelhouse
    “It’s TP/TK, I ain’t gotta explain ****!”

But teen jean makes her trajectory on the ground (solo comic). The adult Jean could have something similar. It could be something connected with the phoenix because it is the main avatar (currently it is not) or humanitarian missions.

BANNED

But teen jean makes her trajectory on the ground (solo comic). The adult Jean could have something similar. It could be something connected with the phoenix because it is the main avatar (currently it is not) or humanitarian missions.
    Actually, Adult Jean did have something similar if not consciously exact at the time
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, Adult Jean did have something similar if not consciously exact at the time
    The point is that even though Jean is the focus of X-Men Red, x-men refer the team. It is not something unique to her. Like wolverine comics or wolverine and x-men

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I meant desperate as in urgent and impatient and that is why she was harsh with her teenage self, possessed Emma, manipulated Teen Jean to get the phoenix spark, etc. Jean not being saint Jean is the character I prefer though I do like that she has high ideas about morality and ethics that she tries to live up to but like all of us occasionally fails at it.

You are probably not wrong about a female writer doing a better job with Teen Jean but I think the solo was still highly enjoyable and had several good moments. At least Jean got some major focus and got to star in an on-going.
    Jean was in a even worse situation on KiB and did a better job. Jeen was just few years older than Dylan, Jean know exactly how to talk to get what she nneened. This isnt about morality, but about being smart to get what she wanted.
    Jeean was also very out of character here.

The solo is ok for a generic female character, but really could be a lot more more if written well for both Jeans. It doesn't even need to be woman writer, Cullen Bunn that I'm not even a big fan did a good job with on generations and X-men blue

BANNED

I would gladly see Dennis Hopeless back. The most annoying issue of the Jeen solo (I didn't like his take early in the series) is still 10000x better than Hix's reaction to the character.

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-female-superheroes/

Would love an X-Men book starring Jean, Kitty and Ororo.

I imagine that currently only male characters have solo - I may be wrong -

I imagine that currently only male characters have solo - I may be wrong -
    Well x-men books only men have solos: Cable and Wolverine. But Marvel has multiple women solos ongings and minis

What are your hopes for the Hickman X-men team? Mine are that Jean gets equal leadership to Scott amd that she remembers to use her tk

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What are your hopes for the Hickman X-men team? Mine are that Jean gets equal leadership to Scott amd that she remembers to use her tk
    I hope that the non-use of TK is not a new way to reduce that part of Jean's powers down to minimal level, thereby making Jean solely a telepath.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I just hope she gets a couple issues which shows off her personality, I genuinely don't care about anything else. I just want her to be compassionate, firm, and dynamic she could be ko'd every issue and I wouldn't care as long as she gets to demonstrate a range of emotions and not superficial moments which leads to nothing.