Page 86 of 719 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah, I hope she and Storm are in the forst X-team in the mcu
    That would be great!

I want MCU to show them as close friends for a number of years, and that they know things about each other. Like for instance, Jean TKing a mug of coffee to Ororo fixed the way she likes it and Ororo keeping the area around the school free from rain as a preference to Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Classic X-Men #6 Backup Story ‘A Love Story’ this is the night before Jean becomes Phoenix as she gets ready for her date with Scott. A mostly Silent Issue that that doesn’t get referenced much. The subtext is there, these are the memories Jean had before piloting that shuttle and merging with a cosmic force of life, the ‘Phoenix Force’.

It’s almost like a young Bruce Wayne going to see Zorro with his parents before tragedy sets course to make him Batman.

to think that It could have been the Carpet and now Thor would be the son of Odin and a carpet
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Not sure if anyone has read this.

But interestingly, it justifies her just being classified as Omega Level Telepath, instead of Both TP and TK.
    I was thinking the same thing. But this took it a step further and stated that her TK is a result of her subconsciously siphoning telepathically. I like the explanation.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-jean-grey-powers-psychic/

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post

But interestingly, it justifies her just being classified as Omega Level Telepath, instead of Both TP and TK.
    I was thinking the same thing. But this took it a step further and stated that her TK is a result of her subconsciously siphoning telepathically. I like the explanation.

I feel like it doesn't make sense because I think Jean has had periods where she has lost either her tk or tp and in New X-men she had the whole telekinetic godhood thing going on. I think Hickman wanted to streamline the Omega concept and he chose to demote her tk because it's her more active power and his Jean is pretty passive.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post

Yeah, I read this last year when it came out. Didn't like it then, do not like it now.

Jean is not a Tker because of the PF. Jean was always a extremely rare dual-ability mutant. And a super powerful one at that. Because of Xavier blocking half of Jean's powers (her TP at age 11), and because he waited years to reintroduce it, it took quite some time for Jean to achieve her potential levels. But even in her early days, each usage of her TK seemed to get more powerful than the last.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-06-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I feel like it doesn't make sense because I think Jean has had periods where she has lost either her tk or tp and in New X-men she had the whole telekinetic godhood thing going on. I think Hickman wanted to streamline the Omega concept and he chose to demote her tk because it's her more active power and his Jean is pretty passive.
    Bingo.

And there is delicious irony here in that his explanation didn't clear anything up and immediately created multiple people with the same Omega-Level power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Bingo.

And there is delicious irony here in that his explanation didn't clear anything up and immediately created multiple people with the same Omega-Level power.
    Please elaborate... Like who?

For me the article ask one of the most interesting question in regards to Jean Grey. At least it captures my personal fascination with the character:

"Where Does Jean Grey End... And The Phoenix Force Begin?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please elaborate... Like who?
    Jean and Quire

BANNED

I'm fairly sure Jean (and, Rachel) was a full TP/TK/Host decades before Morrison and Quitely dreamed Quentin Quire up and had him mirror Jean's (formerly) unique abilities...
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-07-2021 at 12:52 AM.

How many years will Hickman write the X-titles?
    :'/

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    How many years will Hickman write the X-titles?
    :'/
    who knows, I think his contract might expire in 2022 or 2023. I want to be excited for x-men again

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm fairly sure Jean (and, Rachel) was a full TP/TK/Host decades before Morrison and Quitely dreamed Quentin Quire up and had him mirror Jean's (formerly) unique abilities...
    I really dont know why writers need to masculinize a very feminine mythos. This is like when DC invented brother to Wonder Womnan.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-07-2021 at 08:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    For me the article ask one of the most interesting question in regards to Jean Grey. At least it captures my personal fascination with the character:

"Where Does Jean Grey End... And The Phoenix Force Begin?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    who knows, I think his contract might expire in 2022 or 2023. I want to be excited for x-men again

I really dont know why writers need to masculinize a very feminine mythos. This is like when DC invented brother to Wonder Womnan.
    I missed this altgether... Jason is the son of Hippolyta, and younger twin brother of Wonder Woman