Page 9 of 719 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Hahahaha :'/

20210112_083340.jpg

BANNED

Damn, I thought it was a Del Mundo cover. Pretty dope and probably Cassara's best cover yet. I'm glad he's replacing Weaver, because most of his covers were kinda too clean for the book's content.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-men-legends-3

Hopefully should be good see some new classic Jean.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

2021 for sure isn't going to be 2018 for Jean but it'll certainly be good.

Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive its not like Jean was appearing everywhere in 2018, but she definitely had a story and direction something we have yet to see in the DOX.

I mean sure we could point to X-force, but imo that whole story was so lackluster when you consider, what did she really gain that she didn't already know before joining? I thought especially given the strong start of issues 1 & 2 of X-force that the expected narrative would be flipped on its head especially after some of her dialogue. But the story is instead the expected, "Jean Grey can't morally hang on a team designed to place those personal morals to the side". A better story imo, would have been how Jean navigates X-force with her morals intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Jean and the other ladies by Mark Brooks

I feel like Rogue and Jean should change outfits, Jean's outfit seems like something I've seen Rogue in and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-men-legends-3

Hopefully should be good see some new classic Jean.
    I really like Weezy writing Jean, it was a well rounded charater with flaws and a bit over edge after being ressurrected and everything around her changed. it made a good case for Angel dating Jean ( I know this wasnt Weezy intention but...)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I really like Weezy writing Jean, it was a well rounded charater with flaws and a bit over edge after being ressurrected and everything around her changed. it made a good case for Angel dating Jean ( I know this wasnt Weezy intention but...)
    I still can't get over the fact that Weezy and Kelly Thompson are the only female writers that have written Jean in a long-term fashion.

I'd love to see what some other feminine talents could do with her, like Tini Howard, Leah Williams, or even Gail Simon. I don't remember if we know what Simone's opinion is of her, just that she doesn't like Cyclops.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that Weezy and Kelly Thompson are the only female writers that have written Jean in a long-term fashion.

I'd love to see what some other feminine talents could do with her, like Tini Howard, Leah Williams, or even Gail Simon. I don't remember if we know what Simone's opinion is of her, just that she doesn't like Cyclops.
    Kelly Thompson wrote Jean with 2 male co-writers. Not sure if it counts.

Tini and Leah are so bad, keep them away from Jean.

Now Gail Simone that is interesting. She has a good work with redhead chaarcters. She made me read Red Sonja

Looking at the faces in Jean’s hair, they remind me of Shadow King, especially the teeth. She also looks like she’s under some kind of telepathic assault. Wonder if Shadow King’s gonna make his way over to X-Force? Could be totally wrong but just throwing in my two cents.

It would be really cool if she faced the Shadow King ... And that she somehow started to have a different view of Krakoa ... I don't know. If it is a telepathic outbreak

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be really cool if she faced the Shadow King ... And that she somehow started to have a different view of Krakoa ... I don't know. If it is a telepathic outbreak
    Different view? Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Different view? Like what?

Be suspicious of Professor Xavier and Magneto ... Don't be so passionate.
    It would be nice if she distrusted this "paradise"

Especially Xavier, i still disappointed that nothing happened after this moment, i would have liked seeing Jean confronting Xavier, maybe have a tp battle

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Especially Xavier, i still disappointed that nothing happened after this moment, i would have liked seeing Jean confronting Xavier, maybe have a tp battle

Professor Xavier seems to be so psychopath with that helmet which makes this scene very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Professor Xavier seems to be so psychopath with that helmet which makes this scene very unique.
    Without critical thinking, these kind of scenes feel rather empty to me… Jean Grey looks like a grateful and gullible kid.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe