Page 95 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    People are taking too literally with the cover that was shown by Duggan. Last Year we were promised to have X of Swords during the pandemic with this Mark Brooks gorgeous cover. But then it turned out to be evil wannabe Emma Frost show that included Duggan. Not to mention Helfire Gala is gonna be rolled with Maruaders including Emma Frost. I am not gonna vouch on all of these "big" events unless it's Hicks being the only writer in this (alongside Ewing maybe) because they are actually pretty good at these.
    C'mn that Saturnyne was Emma before emma was really Emma.

Covers lie, Duggan gave a interview where he says that he uses covers to lie. I bet it will be more talk then on the last pages things happen.

Hickman needs to put more comics out
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think you're onto something, the Five are the resurrection protocol, The Six are multiversal teleportation system...is the Four planetary terraforming?

I stole the Four idea from the Ororo respect thread and I think this might be purposeful!
    That'd be awesome. Duggan did refer to them as the "fantastic four" when he posted the cover. Having them being the ones responsible for shaping planets would be a nice addition to the mutant tech we've seen thus far.

I'm fine with writers focusing more on Jean's telepathy if we can potentially get creative stunts like this. I've wanted writers to do more with Jean's TP for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That'd be awesome. Duggan did refer to them as the "fantastic four" when he posted the cover. Having them being the ones responsible for shaping planets would be a nice addition to the mutant tech we've seen thus far.

I'm fine with writers focusing more on Jean's telepathy if we can potentially get creative stunts like this. I've wanted writers to do more with Jean's TP for awhile now.
    Its primarily all we've had sine she returned from the dead. Her TK has taken a major backseat. The most impressive thing she did with her TK since resurrection was her molecular surgery of Storm in Red but even that was only possible bc of her TP

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Same for years when she was dead I looked to the day she would return so that her telepathy could become more developed. Jean is such a weird character, she's an A-lister but her powers without external forces has never really been utilized to her fullest abilities. She spent so much time never being allowed to be as strong as Xavier, until the late 90's and early 00's but even then she only had a handful of years before Morrison killed her off. I would be okay if she only uses telepathy, but I hope it is more creative than long-range communication, we know she can send messages across millions of miles, I would like to see exactly how her telepathy supports the synergy process.

I am however trepidatious about Duggan and his writing, I've yet to see anything under his pen since the start of DOX and into ROX that demonstrates that he would be able to handle the premise we've been discussing, IF that is where the story is actually going.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-11-2021 at 12:16 PM.

I do not want Jean to be seen as only useful if she is a "switchboard" or to enhance the others powers thru her TP. This is good and helpful. But Jean can do more.

I think if terra-forming is happening, Jean can be very much helpful in that aspect. But, only if writer lets her be useful. She certainly has the power. Jean can move the earth, levitate all kinds of equipment (if needed and used), form TK bubbles to protect from atmospheric ionizing radiation while also providing a sphere of oxygen-rich air for everyone to breathe as they work.

I would like to see our gal doing all of these types of feats.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not want Jean to be seen as only useful if she is a "switchboard" or to enhance the others powers thru her TP. This is good and helpful. But Jean can do more.

I think if terra-forming is happening, Jean can be very much helpful in that aspect. But, only if writer lets her be useful. She certainly has the power. Jean can move the earth, levitate all kinds of equipment (if needed and used), form TK bubbles to protect from atmospheric ionizing radiation while also providing a sphere of oxygen-rich air for everyone to breathe as they work.

I would like to see our gal doing all of these types of feats.
    Jean should be able to do all of this but truthfully I can't think of many instances of Jean multi-tasking with her telekinesis I'm sure there are examples but none with consistency which brings us back to how limited Jean has been with her powers. Certainly moreso than any male character with telepathy and telekinesis....

Jean should be able to do all of this but truthfully I can't think of many instances of Jean multi-tasking with her telekinesis I'm sure there are examples but none with consistency which brings us back to how limited Jean has been with her powers. Certainly moreso than any male character with telepathy and telekinesis....
    She did so in Red. Used her TK to lift and move structures while encasing she and Gentle in a bubble to move and breathe freely underwater while doing a TP probe of Teen Abomination and relaying that info to Gentle

I have to say I agree, I've read Duggan's Avengers and Marauders isn't exactly what I would call great writing, it is serviceable imo but his writing leaves a lot to be desired there's not a lot of nuance in how he uses his cast nor how his stories develop and ultimately unfold. I personally think an issue like this is better suited for someone with big ideas and the ability to think outside the box sort of like Hickman, Ewing, and Wells.
    Totally agree with that, he seems uncreative for some reason to me. He had two Omega Level mutants and none of them got any significant feats under his pen. I do hope that Hickman will oversee his Planet-Size X-Men issue and keep bugging him in the back with a pen or something, so he can get creative.

I mean, I am truly bored by his writing and I did confront him on Twitter, he replied to me and the only thing he had to say to me was that this was an honest question and if I was keeping up with CotA and Marauders when I confirmed that I did keep up with both of them, he didn't reply back. I think he took my feedback but still, I would have liked it if he replied to me properly.

https://twitter.com/VladZhivkov/stat...84364192661507

That is my Tweet to him...

I think you're onto something, the Five are the resurrection protocol, The Six are multiversal teleportation system...is the Four planetary terraforming?

I stole the Four idea from the Ororo respect thread and I think this might be purposeful!
    I saw that! But yeah, totally quite possible the terraforming team, it could play a big thing in the Marvel Universe, when a planet needs to be terraformed for species that are in danger or are about to lose their entire solar system or something.

They could play quite the big role and will help to elevate them big time but I can see a lot of people getting scared of them, especially humans, none-mutants or even those who are anti-mutants, they will freak out, I am telling you but it will open the door for terrestrial threats for the team to deal with. I feel like the entire X-Men team is aiming more of cosmic feats, since we have SWORD going on one side, and on the other side we have this team of Omega Level Mutants which are about to make a planet habitable, there are big plans obviously for the entire adventure.

Same for years when she was dead I looked to the day she would return so that her telepathy could become more developed. Jean is such a weird character, she's an A-lister but her powers without external forces has never really been utilized to her fullest abilities. She spent so much time never being allowed to be as strong as Xavier, until the late 90's and early 00's but even then she only had a handful of years before Morrison killed her off. I would be okay if she only uses telepathy, but I hope it is more creative than long-range communication, we know she can send messages across millions of miles, I would like to see exactly how her telepathy supports the synergy process.

I am however trepidatious about Duggan and his writing, I've yet to see anything under his pen since the start of DOX and into ROX that demonstrates that he would be able to handle the premise we've been discussing, IF that is where the story is actually going.
    Can't agree more, I am worried about Duggan and how he will handle such a big issue when he doesn't think out of the box, as someone else mentioned in the first quote. I just can't see Duggan writing such a complex story that requires entirely new and fresh ideas, for god sake he got us back in the 90s with Storm killing Callisto, I mean, come on move on, create new enemies, you have 2 Omegas, show us why they are called Omegas, bring up space, bring extra-terrestrial threat, multi-dimensional threat, or even Magical Threat from the Astral Plane (and NO, I am not speaking about Shadowking, he is beaten card), bring us something which wasn't told so far, Ororo's past, Bobby's love interest, Ororo's desire to explore her abilities further out in space... I mean it is not that hard...

SoX looked like a cool event and was pretty average. Hickman or duggan writing Jean .... One reduces Jean to wife / phone line.. the other ...
    Last edited by andreikes; 03-11-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Duggan's Jean is A-Okay with me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Duggan's Jean is A-Okay with me
    Can't argue there, I agree with your statement on Jean's writing, I just don't get it, how can he get so creative with Jean but not with Ororo...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She did so in Red. Used her TK to lift and move structures while encasing she and Gentle in a bubble to move and breathe freely underwater while doing a TP probe of Teen Abomination and relaying that info to Gentle

Yeah, we know Jean is super-powerful, and she does have the feats to back it up, just like this one provided by Havok83. So, even though disappointing, if we do not see new uses every issue, we still know what our gal can do and has done.

Someday, we will get a writer who loves and understands Jean showing her full power potential and an artist to give her the new look she deserves.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The Planet Size X-men cover is exciting. I like Duggan's writing of Jean so far so I expect it to be good. Of course we are assuming the cover is accurate and Jean plays a role with the other omega mutants. I love the idea of finally seeing combinations with the omega mutants. We did see Magneto and Iceman work together previously.

Jean will likely serve the role of communication or mind melding but who knows we might be surprised and she might serve a different role. The idea of terraforming a planet sounds cool but often times the story isn't what we expect. I love seeing Jean, Iceman, and Storm together.

I was excited when House of X came out because there had to be more to the omega mutants that just a label and a list. I thought they would play an important role in the future or have something big to do. I do wonder if this issue has more than just the four omegas... but I'd love it if it was just these four and they did something special.

The Hellfire Gala sounds very interesting and I can't wait to find out the rest of Scott and Jean's teams.

Jean’s tk needs to be on par with her tp, leave the omega tp spot to Quire and put her in a new category, call it something like “psionic power expression” or “psionic power manipulation” and start writing like the boss she’s supposed to be, editorial needs to stop taking stuff away from her, she needs to be a caring and empathetic friend but a powerful and dangerous enemies to make. This is the Jean I want to read about.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Jean’s tk needs to be on par with her tp, leave the omega tp spot to Quire and put her in a new category, call it something like “psionic power expression” or “psionic power manipulation” and start writing like the boss she’s supposed to be, editorial needs to stop taking stuff away from her, she needs to be a caring and empathetic friend but a powerful and dangerous enemies to make. This is the Jean I want to read about.
    Yees, she needs to stay in a different category than the exodus and quetin
    20210312_104540.jpg