Page 96 of 719 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 10783

Just give her a pink Phoenix aura already. AAANNNNDDDD a new kick-ass costume...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Yees, she needs to stay in a different category than the exodus and quetin
    Attachment 107175
    Give us back our psionic goddess!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The thing is, just because she is an Omega telepath, it doesn’t mean her TK is weak. Her telepathy has unlimited potential, yes, but even though you can measure her TK, its potential is still vast. You can’t take away any of her TK feats just because she is an omega telepath.

Hickman may want to sleep on her TK (the jury is still out on that), but that doesn’t mean all writers will. Hopefully she will still have amazing TK feats in an upcoming books.

I mean, there are only a few Omegas out there, but that doesn’t mean the rest of the mutants are weak. Several of them are incredibly powerful. Just as Jean’s TK is.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Totally agree with that, he seems uncreative for some reason to me. He had two Omega Level mutants and none of them got any significant feats under his pen. I do hope that Hickman will oversee his Planet-Size X-Men issue and keep bugging him in the back with a pen or something, so he can get creative.

I mean, I am truly bored by his writing and I did confront him on Twitter, he replied to me and the only thing he had to say to me was that this was an honest question and if I was keeping up with CotA and Marauders when I confirmed that I did keep up with both of them, he didn't reply back. I think he took my feedback but still, I would have liked it if he replied to me properly.

https://twitter.com/VladZhivkov/stat...84364192661507

That is my Tweet to him...

I saw that! But yeah, totally quite possible the terraforming team, it could play a big thing in the Marvel Universe, when a planet needs to be terraformed for species that are in danger or are about to lose their entire solar system or something.

They could play quite the big role and will help to elevate them big time but I can see a lot of people getting scared of them, especially humans, none-mutants or even those who are anti-mutants, they will freak out, I am telling you but it will open the door for terrestrial threats for the team to deal with. I feel like the entire X-Men team is aiming more of cosmic feats, since we have SWORD going on one side, and on the other side we have this team of Omega Level Mutants which are about to make a planet habitable, there are big plans obviously for the entire adventure.

Can't agree more, I am worried about Duggan and how he will handle such a big issue when he doesn't think out of the box, as someone else mentioned in the first quote. I just can't see Duggan writing such a complex story that requires entirely new and fresh ideas, for god sake he got us back in the 90s with Storm killing Callisto, I mean, come on move on, create new enemies, you have 2 Omegas, show us why they are called Omegas, bring up space, bring extra-terrestrial threat, multi-dimensional threat, or even Magical Threat from the Astral Plane (and NO, I am not speaking about Shadowking, he is beaten card), bring us something which wasn't told so far, Ororo's past, Bobby's love interest, Ororo's desire to explore her abilities further out in space... I mean it is not that hard...
    Let's hope for the best but expect at worse meandering, I think Duggan was much more expansive than he has been with the X-titles he's been on. But maybe this issue will change that it will definitely be an opportunity for him to give Storm some much over due TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, we know Jean is super-powerful, and she does have the feats to back it up, just like this one provided by Havok83. So, even though disappointing, if we do not see new uses every issue, we still know what our gal can do and has done.

Someday, we will get a writer who loves and understands Jean showing her full power potential and an artist to give her the new look she deserves.
    Yeah, I really hope so I know I'm just a fan but I do think Jean could be a little more dynamic in her power usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Jean’s tk needs to be on par with her tp, leave the omega tp spot to Quire and put her in a new category, call it something like “psionic power expression” or “psionic power manipulation” and start writing like the boss she’s supposed to be, editorial needs to stop taking stuff away from her, she needs to be a caring and empathetic friend but a powerful and dangerous enemies to make. This is the Jean I want to read about.
    Every last morsel of this ESPECIALLY this, both of which are often forgotten which makes her character sometimes come off fake or bland. You can half-ass those kind of qualities and when you do, imo you end up with comics like X-men Gold where Jean is unnecessarily harsh and uncaring to Rachel. While in X-men Red she is completely accepting and loving to her.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    The thing is, just because she is an Omega telepath, it doesn’t mean her TK is weak. Her telepathy has unlimited potential, yes, but even though you can measure her TK, its potential is still vast. You can’t take away any of her TK feats just because she is an omega telepath.

Hickman may want to sleep on her TK (the jury is still out on that), but that doesn’t mean all writers will. Hopefully she will still have amazing TK feats in an upcoming books.

I mean, there are only a few Omegas out there, but that doesn’t mean the rest of the mutants are weak. Several of them are incredibly powerful. Just as Jean’s TK is.
    Jean's blood is telekinetic godhood in a jar, I can't and won't take any other definition......I did not become Jean's fan because her tk was "just ok" or to see her identity as phoenix be passed around along her imagery...... I don't care what Hickman (or that guy Aaron) thinks should be canon or not, whatever he puts on paper it's just a panel and a few words away from a well deserved retcon.......yes today I'm in total denial and unapologetic about it.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-12-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

Indeed!

Jean has had massive TK feats and more are just a good writer away.

I see Jean as Omega Level TK, but even if not, as you state Jean's TK is by no means weak and we do not know just how close her TK is to being Omega. I think they only wanted 1 power to be Omega when they came up with that criteria, not because 2 cannot be Omegas. Maybe in every other case, only 1 can be Omega. But Jean is Special. In her case, to me anyway, both are Omega, lol.

Jean's blood is telekinetic godhood in a jar, I can't and won't take any other definition......I did not become Jean's fan because her tk was "just ok" or to see her identity as phoenix be passed around along her imagery...... I don't care what Hickman (or that guy Aaron) thinks should be canon or not, whatever he puts on paper it's just a panel and a few words away from a well deserved retcon.......yes today I'm in total denial and unapologetic about it.
    Exactly, my friend! Perfect quotation!

Jean is our psionic goddess!!

And to quote you....I'm in total denial about anything to the contrary and unapologetic about it!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I think Jean's TK is shown more consistent that her TP. It's obvious she is a TK powerhouse. My guess hickman prefers a more passive power for Jean, use her as phone.
    Hickman's run so far deserves to be retconned hahah

To me. My X-Men

FB_IMG_1615585851826.jpg

I would have preferred Jean being an omega telekinetic because in my mind tk is her primary power, however after reviewing a lot of 90's Jean Grey stuff recently I concluded that there is evidence to support that telepathy is her stronger power. All through the 90's she was described as a powerful telepath and often second only to Xavier. Then there were moments she was described as the most powerful telepath on earth. While she was a powerful telekinetic in the 90s (said to move mountains, shown to stop/levitate planes, etc) I don't know if she was ever said to be the strongest or second strongest tk user. In the 90s Nate Grey was shown to be a very powerful tk user and when Jean would guest in Nate's book her telepathy was often emphasized over her tk (which always annoyed me).

In the original X-men days Jean was a resourceful tk whose powers were constantly growing and improving however once she manifested her telepathic powers she was consistently a powerful telepath (in terms of range and attacks imo). Then there was the retcon that telepathy was her first active power so I can understand why they went with telepathy as her primary/dominant power.

For me, tk separates Jean from Xavier or Emma. It makes her different (of course now most telepaths also have tk look at Quire, Betsy, and Kwannon). Due to the cartoon and the movies I see tk as Jean's dominant power and I wish we would see Jean use tk as she did in the OG X-factor years.

At the end of the day I'm glad they kept her as an omega and it doesn't really matter which power is her omega power. I do tend to think they limited Jean by making her an omega telepath only so she wouldn't be Phoenix-like, however being an omega telepath still keeps her in the over powered category (and plus writers will constantly create reasons why her powers do not work on any given enemy lol).

Jean's omega power should have been psionic energy manipulation or some variant (being about her pink form where she draws on psychic energy and combines her telepathy and telekinesis). In my head canon Jean can use her pink form to amp up her tk to omega or near omega status but it doesn't qualify as such because it is not consistently at that level.

My other ridiculous fan head canon is that the Phoenix force did not level up Jean's telepathy because it was already maxed out, but only amped her telekinetic powers to god-like levels.

To me. My X-Men

FB_IMG_1615585851826.jpg
    Yes! LOVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Indeed!

Jean has had massive TK feats and more are just a good writer away.

I see Jean as Omega Level TK, but even if not, as you state Jean's TK is by no means weak and we do not know just how close her TK is to being Omega. I think they only wanted 1 power to be Omega when they came up with that criteria, not because 2 cannot be Omegas. Maybe in every other case, only 1 can be Omega. But Jean is Special. In her case, to me anyway, both are Omega, lol.
    This right there. In another thread, it was mentioned that to become the recognised Omega for certain power you will have to defeat or be equal to the current powerhouse or Omega of that power. And in this case it is Exodus the one which she should defeat or at least be on equal power and level as him for the same time as he can be.

This right there. In another thread, it was mentioned that to become the recognised Omega for certain power you will have to defeat or be equal to the current powerhouse or Omega of that power. And in this case it is Exodus the one which she should defeat or at least be on equal power and level as him for the same time as he can be.
    There's like 3 omegas for reality warping. They could have made Jean omega for psionic manipulation. to differentiate her from Quentin and Exodus

BANNED

To me. My X-Men

FB_IMG_1615585851826.jpg
    The good old days!

Not true. Omega is about infinite potential for a power. Kid omega was defeated many times on the past, that doesn't make the people who won omega mutants. A character can hae infinite potential but never gets to wield the omega potential

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would have preferred Jean being an omega telekinetic because in my mind tk is her primary power, however after reviewing a lot of 90's Jean Grey stuff recently I concluded that there is evidence to support that telepathy is her stronger power. All through the 90's she was described as a powerful telepath and often second only to Xavier. Then there were moments she was described as the most powerful telepath on earth. While she was a powerful telekinetic in the 90s (said to move mountains, shown to stop/levitate planes, etc) I don't know if she was ever said to be the strongest or second strongest tk user. In the 90s Nate Grey was shown to be a very powerful tk user and when Jean would guest in Nate's book her telepathy was often emphasized over her tk (which always annoyed me).
    I just found this. She was described as the most powerful psi-talent on Earth and then the caption proceeds to talk about her psi-talent in reference to her telekinetic powers