Page 97 of 719 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think Jean's TK is shown more consistent that her TP. It's obvious she is a TK powerhouse. My guess hickman prefers a more passive power for Jean, use her as phone. Hickman's run so far deserves to be retconned hahah
    Listen... If Jean Grey is currently telekinetically pushing molecules around on the atomic level I don't care what one writer says -- Jean simply classifies as an Omega Class mutant. Funny is it not? Jean Grey is the only Omega Level Mutant that has to suffer an unbalanced split between her natural, dual, psionic, abilities as if her telekinetic abilities and telepathic abilities were derived from two independent sources?
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-12-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just found this. She was described as the most powerful psi-talent on Earth and then the caption proceeds to talk about her psi-talent in reference to her telekinetic powers

This is a terrific find! Thank you Havok.

While I never saw this before, I did read in the boxes before that Jean is the most powerful PSI----which means both Jean's TP and TK.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

What makes me a bit mad when it comes to Jean being an Omega level telepath is that her powers should be unlimited. We should see her use her powers in creative ways, never seen before. Few things should be able to stop her telepathy.

But Hickman has her use her telepathy in the most basic of ways. He is supposed to be a truly imaginative writer and there are so many things you could have a telepath do when her power is unlimited - so, come on, Hickman, be creative!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    What makes me a bit mad when it comes to Jean being an Omega level telepath is that her powers should be unlimited. We should see her use her powers in creative ways, never seen before. Few things should be able to stop her telepathy.

But Hickman has her use her telepathy in the most basic of ways. He is supposed to be a truly imaginative writer and there are so many things you could have a telepath do when her power is unlimited - so, come on, Hickman, be creative!
    Did you notice how they leave all the creative applications of power be it tp or tk to Quentin Quire?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just found this. She was described as the most powerful psi-talent on Earth and then the caption proceeds to talk about her psi-talent in reference to her telekinetic powers

Love that issue. I always love it when Jean and Storm work together. True there are multiple instances of Jean being referenced as a powerful psi-talent which would include tk as well as her tp.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

I’d love to see more creative uses of powers from Hickman but I’ve come to expect the opposite. I know it rankles some but I think Hickman will mostly use telepathy for communication and exposition but I’d love to be wrong.

Jean's powers were used well in X-force imo. the page of her atomizing the Plantinels and flying off is iconic

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Love that issue. I always love it when Jean and Storm work together. .
    That Jean/Ororo pairing reminds me of the brief flash of the classic friendship in X2, and the blink and you miss it Phoenix on the back of the trenchcoat Famke wears in the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That Jean/Ororo pairing reminds me of the brief flash of the classic friendship in X2, and the blink and you miss it Phoenix on the back of the trenchcoat Famke wears in the scene.
    Yeah, but storm asks Jean if "you got him?" as if Jean cannot levitate 150 pounds. WTX?

The first movie against Toad was even worse. Instead of blasting Toad with TK energy, throwing him against a wall, the ceiling, the floor or placing him in a TK bubble, they have Jean suspend him in mid-air right near her face, so that he could spit his Toad-vomit on her. Give me a break!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but storm asks Jean if "you got him?" as if Jean cannot levitate 150 pounds. WTX?

The first movie against Toad was even worse. Instead of blasting Toad with TK energy, throwing him against a wall, the ceiling, the floor or placing him in a TK bubble, they have Jean suspend him in mid-air right near her face, so that he could spit his Toad-vomit on her. Give me a break!
    It is actually considered polite to communicate with your teammate before you release the pass. Its a sports thing.
    The better complaint would have been that Jean didn't need to have Storm there at all...because she could have handled every part of that scene by her lonesome.
    X1 was the lowest level introduction of every character because the audience was expected to be entry level.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean's powers were used well in X-force imo. the page of her atomizing the Plantinels and flying off is iconic
    It’s been 2 years of nothingburger on the jean’s front, I can understand why using her powers on a bunch of plantmen keeps getting mentioned like a special milestone in her history.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

In this phase of Hickman, where Jean is barely there, I had even forgotten that Jean had friends .... My God ... She doesn't speak to anyone else if it's not cyke or cable.

Captura de tela 2021-03-13 093828.jpg

The Jean Grey Appreciation Thread: Where literally ANYTHING can be turned into something negative.

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-13-2021 at 06:19 AM.

The Jean Grey Appreciation Thread: Where literally ANYTHING can be turned into something negative.
    .....with very good reasons constantly provided by the lame and often disappointing treatment of the character

It is actually considered polite to communicate with your teammate before you release the pass. Its a sports thing.
    The better complaint would have been that Jean didn't need to have Storm there at all...because she could have handled every part of that scene by her lonesome.
    X1 was the lowest level introduction of every character because the audience was expected to be entry level.
    I was saying "Give me a break!" to Marvel for that scene, not to you for pointing it out.

But it was a dumb statement on storm's part because she said it while Jean had him telekinetically suspended. It really had nothing to do with a pass off because if Jean had not automatically caught him, by the time storm asked, Kurt would have already been on the ground.