Page 98 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nice style… it’s pleasant to see Jean Grey as a woman and not “a girl”. A bit of exaggeration on the curves…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s been 2 years of nothingburger on the jean’s front, I can understand why using her powers on a bunch of plantmen keeps getting mentioned like a special milestone in her history.
    She did get quite the feat recently, a few weeks ago in King in Black, issue 4, I believe? Where she penetrated Knull's mind. That is quite the feat, if you ask me, with her telepathy.

As far for Storm asking Jean if she got him, she meant if she got him in the sense of if she has him trapped in her telekinesis so that he won't teleport.

BANNED

I just found this. She was described as the most powerful psi-talent on Earth and then the caption proceeds to talk about her psi-talent in reference to her telekinetic powers

It's from Larry Hama's Wolverine #113. Honestly I am sensing a pattern in this. Quite a few Wolverine writers have given alpha Jean in their books.

No, when Storm asked Jean if she "had him", nightcrawler was already being suspended in mid-air by Jean's TK. How else would he be floating there right in front of them both?

That was their plan, as Jean asks Storm if she is bored yet and Storm replies "Oh yeah." Then, right before she creates the lightning to destroy the upper timbers where upon Nightcrawler is perched, she looks at Jean as if to say "Ready?". Jean nods back. Then the lightning, then Jean catches him.

So to say, after the catch, "you have him?" that is to ask if Jean has the power to hold him, as he is already suspended and beginning to be rotated in the force bubble.
    Not cool.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

It’s been 2 years of nothingburger on the jean’s front, I can understand why using her powers on a bunch of plantmen keeps getting mentioned like a special milestone in her history.
    I mean, compared to being too scared to perform during an X-Men mission and floating dishes, it's kind of a defining moment lmao.

You'd best appreciate it because when Percy is done having her TK plant people, all we'll have is Hickman clowning on her.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In this phase of Hickman, where Jean is barely there, I had even forgotten that Jean had friends .... My God ... She doesn't speak to anyone else if it's not cyke or cable.

Attachment 107211
    Jean really needs more friendships with other x-men and outide of x-men too

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean really needs more friendships with other x-men and outide of x-men too
    Exactly. And there is no reason not to do this. Jean is very friendly and nurturing. Jean already knows many heroes in the MU.

As a Telepath of the highest order, she should be reaching out to others, the way X and Moondragon have done in the past. Jean can and should be contacting Mystics with strong mental disciplines too, like Dr Strange, Clea, Shaman and Talisman.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly. And there is no reason not to do this. Jean is very friendly and nurturing. Jean already knows many heroes in the MU.

As a Telepath of the highest order, she should be reaching out to others, the way X and Moondragon have done in the past. Jean can and should be contacting Mystics with strong mental disciplines too, like Dr Strange, Clea, Shaman and Talisman.
    I like to see Wolverine having friends all over MCU, is time to Jean also branch out on the universe. It was nice to see her with Avengers on King in Black and Red, she is very well respected among them.

There is so much potential in these interactions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I mean, compared to being too scared to perform during an X-Men mission and floating dishes, it's kind of a defining moment lmao.

You'd best appreciate it because when Percy is done having her TK plant people, all we'll have is Hickman clowning on her.
    Considering the issue of Jean's ethics being tested with X-Force, I do think this book is more important for her character than being a regular X-Men team material. That was actually cool omega ft though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    It's from Larry Hama's Wolverine #113. Honestly I am sensing a pattern in this. Quite a few Wolverine writers have given alpha Jean in their books.
    I've noticed that too. The only exception is Jason Aaron who practically ripped the Phoenix from Jean and gave it to everyone else

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Considering the issue of Jean's ethics being tested with X-Force, I do think this book is more important for her character than being a regular X-Men team material. That was actually cool omega ft though.
    You're right. It was a cool moment, but especially so in light of the lead writer's opinion of the character.

.....with very good reasons constantly provided by the lame and often disappointing treatment of the character
    Taking every opportunity to complain or to turn a conversation negative is the antithesis of "Appreciation".

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, when Storm asked Jean if she "had him", nightcrawler was already being suspended in mid-air by Jean's TK. How else would he be floating there right in front of them both?

That was their plan, as Jean asks Storm if she is bored yet and Storm replies "Oh yeah." Then, right before she creates the lightning to destroy the upper timbers where upon Nightcrawler is perched, she looks at Jean as if to say "Ready?". Jean nods back. Then the lightning, then Jean catches him.

So to say, after the catch, "you have him?" that is to ask if Jean has the power to hold him, as he is already suspended and beginning to be rotated in the force bubble.
    Not cool.
    Or...if she can prevent him from teleporting away, which is a little trickier than just floating him. Thats how I interpret the line since Jean responds "He's not going anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Taking every opportunity to complain or to turn a conversation negative is the antithesis of "Appreciation".
    This is an appreciation thread for the character of Jean Grey, there is no rule forcing the posters to appreciate the way she is currently written or treated by editorial, complaining about people expressing their dissatisfaction seems counterproductive to the nature of a board designed to share opinions.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

I just found this. She was described as the most powerful psi-talent on Earth and then the caption proceeds to talk about her psi-talent in reference to her telekinetic powers

Nice, though Jean could have simply telekinetically flung the guy with the knife to begin with instead of the Jean/Ororo 2-step.

I didn't like this story ... But it is very interesting to see Jean closing the cracks with Nate (it seems that Jean came from Disney)

FB_IMG_1615725776761.jpg