Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Titans Academy is a bloated mess so there's definitely no room for him there, either.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm curious if we're gonna be seeing Jackson touching on the confluence again. I like the idea of having Jackson's Aquaman stories to focus on him as the cosmic sea warrior as a point of contrast from Arthur's traditional Aquaman, and i would love to see them go in that direction. Though, Occam's razor tells me that this is probably meant to be how he becomes the Aquaman we see in Future Stste - meaning no confluence . mainly I hope this builds off KSD and Jordan Clark's characterization (that Aqualad was fun and felt interesting to read) and I hope they play to his YJ iteration and give him the name Kaldur'ahm in canon. regardless, i can't wait till we get more details on this, definitely at the top of my most anticipated titles.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Glad he’s been getting so much love lately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Titans Academy is a bloated mess so there's definitely no room for him there, either.
    Titans is a team that rotates frequently
    I expect Roy to rejoin eventually and others will leave it

Incredible Member

Not familiar with Olortegui's art, but did a quick Google search. Looks like some Capullo influence with a little Romita, Jr and maybe some Chris Burnham?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Not familiar with Olortegui's art, but did a quick Google search. Looks like some Capullo influence with a little Romita, Jr and maybe some Chris Burnham?
    Yeah, I see that as well. It kinda reminds me of Bogdanovic. I'm glad a good artist is on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Titans is a team that rotates frequently
    I expect Roy to rejoin eventually and others will leave it
    Yeah, there's no reason why Garth and Roy can't be added to TTA's teaching staff. I think Garth was only excluded because he wasn't a New Teen Titan (he was on the 60s team but not the 80s one) and Roy because the team don't know he's alive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious if we're gonna be seeing Jackson touching on the confluence again. I like the idea of having Jackson's Aquaman stories to focus on him as the cosmic sea warrior as a point of contrast from Arthur's traditional Aquaman, and i would love to see them go in that direction. Though, Occam's razor tells me that this is probably meant to be how he becomes the Aquaman we see in Future Stste - meaning no confluence . mainly I hope this builds off KSD and Jordan Clark's characterization (that Aqualad was fun and felt interesting to read) and I hope they play to his YJ iteration and give him the name Kaldur'ahm in canon. regardless, i can't wait till we get more details on this, definitely at the top of my most anticipated titles.
    It really can't be that hard to just establish he has an honorary Atlantean name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It really can't be that hard to just establish he has an honorary Atlantean name.
    you'd think so, yet somehow we're a decade deep since Jackson's been out here and....
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I prefer Jackson with black hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I prefer Jackson with black hair.
    He hasn't had those since his very first appearance, come to think of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you'd think so, yet somehow we're a decade deep since Jackson's been out here and....
    His Pre-Flashpoint version had it established Kaldur'ahm was his actual birth name before he was spirited away to the surface and given the name Jackson by his surface Parents (you know sort of a Kal-El, Clark Kent type situation) and I thought that was a good way to reconcile it. But with his Rebirth backstory being pretty different aside from Manta still being his dad they can't go with that (unless they go with Retcon magic of course) but really should at least be an honorary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He hasn't had those since his very first appearance, come to think of it.
    Didn't he have Black Hair in the second issue of Future State? And like a mix of Blonde and Black (implying the Blonde is dye) in KSD Aquaman?
    Last edited by Mojo; 06-13-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    His Pre-Flashpoint version had it established Kaldur'ahm was his actual birth name before he was spirited away to the surface and given the name Jackson by his surface Parents (you know sort of a Kal-El, Clark Kent type situation) and I thought that was a good way to reconcile it. But with his Rebirth backstory being pretty different aside from Manta still being his dad they can't go with that (unless they go with Retcon magic of course) but really should at least be an honorary thing.
    Like how YJ handled Conner/Kon-El.
    Didn't he have Black Hair in the second issue of Future State? And like a mix of Blonde and Black (implying the Blonde is dye) in KSD Aquaman?
    Now that you mention it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Honestly I can't find myself too excited for this, while I like Jackson, doesn't feel like they've given him anywhere near enough development for him to become Aquaman, in addition in universe he's basically still on his first year.
    It feels too much like they're trying to coast on the popularity of his YJ incarnation despite them being too very different people

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

I think maaaaaybe you could still do the honorary name with his mom being Xebellian. Maybe saying it's a name his grandfather had thought of it. Or they could make it a middle name lol.
    I actually never even thought about the dye thing. I definitely want a panel of Jackson coloring his hair now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Honestly I can't find myself too excited for this, while I like Jackson, doesn't feel like they've given him anywhere near enough development for him to become Aquaman, in addition in universe he's basically still on his first year.
    It feels too much like they're trying to coast on the popularity of his YJ incarnation despite them being too very different people
    I mean between KSD's run and the Future State issues that's really all you need. With KSD he was actively working with Arthur and learning from him, while trying to discover his own brand of heroism. Even had his own solo adventure in trying to rescue. With this being called "The Becoming" he's probably still going to be working to get that mantle and going through more personal stakes. I'm pretty sure by the end it'll all feel extremely natural.