Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

So what do we think the odds are of Jackson putting on the Future State/Young Justice suit by the end of this miniseries?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So what do we think the odds are of Jackson putting on the Future State/Young Justice suit by the end of this miniseries?
    I mean, that largely comes down to if DC is planning on doubling down on Jackson Hyde as THE Aquaman going forward, doesn't it? I think there is a good shot of that happening given how popular Jackson/Kaldur'ahm as a brand is, Arthur's Aquaman just coming off the best decade of stories he's ever had and ending on a solid position to pass the baton, and the fact that the Hydes are taking center stage for the Aquaverse right now. I think either way we will at least see his Aquaman suit in some capacity by the end of Becoming, whether it be in a nod/look to his future or him taking on the role.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I mean, that largely comes down to if DC is planning on doubling down on Jackson Hyde as THE Aquaman going forward, doesn't it? I think there is a good shot of that happening given how popular Jackson/Kaldur'ahm as a brand is, Arthur's Aquaman just coming off the best decade of stories he's ever had and ending on a solid position to pass the baton, and the fact that the Hydes are taking center stage for the Aquaverse right now. I think either way we will at least see his Aquaman suit in some capacity by the end of Becoming, whether it be in a nod/look to his future or him taking on the role.
    I’m currently working on the assumption that Jackson is at least taking the role for a while, that assumption is based on the title of the miniseries itself and that we have Jon, Jace, Jo, & Yara.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I’d rather build up his own role as Aqualad than push him as the Aquaman because it’s inevitable that Arthur will take the mantle back.
    There’s no way Arthur won’t be Aquaman by the time his next movie comes out.

I don't think there's going to be any baton passing, they'll just both have the name now and DC will do...something with them when they can find the time for it.

Jackson's got his mini and Arthur has a mini with Ollie where he's getting a new costume and facial hair.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

No idea where they're taking Jackson. I'm not sure if they're gonna make him Aquaman straight out the gate. With Arthur's recent mini and that IF tease I'm not sure if they're gonna take him off the board completely.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I’d rather build up his own role as Aqualad than push him as the Aquaman because it’s inevitable that Arthur will take the mantle back.
    There’s no way Arthur won’t be Aquaman by the time his next movie comes out.
    Jackson can't be Aqualad forever either.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm ok with Jackson getting a new code name of his own. But comic time moves slowly enough he can be Aqualad for decades. And then the next inevitable Crisis will just roll everybody's ages back anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    No idea where they're taking Jackson. I'm not sure if they're gonna make him Aquaman straight out the gate. With Arthur's recent mini and that IF tease I'm not sure if they're gonna take him off the board completely.
    I guess if Batman and Superman are any indication they'll just write Arthur off to some undersea spanning adventure that takes him away from Jackson or the main action.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    True. Although comic-time wise it felt like he's only had just gotten into his groove as Aqualad.

BANNED

I always thought Devil Ray was a good moniker.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I always thought Devil Ray was a good moniker.

I would love a elseworlds where kaldur followed in his fathers footsteps under the moniker of devil ray and got redeemed when he met the young justice

Astonishing Member

Isn’t Devil Ray currently being reworked into one of Manta’s protégés?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Isn’t Devil Ray currently being reworked into one of Manta’s protégés?
    Yeah, he's showing up in the new Black Manta mini.

Fantastic Member

I'm pretty excited for Devil Ray as a character. I think he might make a really interesting foil for Jackson. Devil Ray could be, in a way, a mirror reflection of what Jackson could have been. And he'd be a nice personal rogue for Jackson to have during his tenure as Aquaman. There's a lot of poetic symmetry that could be gleamed from both characters if done right.

Or, Devil Ray could be a potential love interest that could complicate Jackson's life (both with his relationship with Ha'wea and with his biological father.) It could be a kind of cool forbidden romance narrative, akin to Spiderman and Black Cat, or Batman and Catwoman. The possibilities are pretty interesting.

The funny thing is Devil Ray was voiced by Michael Beach who ended up playing Manta's dad in the movie .