Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love how Jackson just does not care to have a secret identity. I know he doesn't have a mask but some heroes still care.
    It would be kind of weird if he did considering no one else in his Superhero family has them...I mean, they're practically royalty, so parade that out .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Pencil by Diego Olortegui

Ink by Wade Von Grawbadger

Color by Adriano Lucas

Posted from Wade's twitter

BANNED

Jackson's Water Bearers are the most sensible limitation on hydrokinesis that I've ever seen.

With characters like Mera or waterbenders in the Avatar universe, hydrokineses should be a one-shot win, either through dehydration or just making your opponent explode. Garth should literally be able to boil his opponents from the inside-out. "Fights" should look like this:

With Jackson's Water Bearers, you can just say that they need to make contact with the water source they're controlling. So he can pull water out from his sheath-gourd hybrid, or from the ambient air, or from some other water source within reach. He could only bloodbend or dehydrate his opponents if his Water Bearers make direct contact with his opponent. This should make fights much more interesting.

From a story-telling perspective, I think Jackson has the best powerset in the Aquaman family-- Limited hydrokinesis, electric charges, strength, speed, damage resistance, resistance to poison toxins, and breathing in water. Very good powerset for a character calling himself Aqualad or Aquaman.

BANNED

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Jackson's Water Bearers are the most sensible limitation on hydrokinesis that I've ever seen.

With characters like Mera or waterbenders in the Avatar universe, hydrokineses should be a one-shot win, either through dehydration or just making your opponent explode. Garth should literally be able to boil his opponents from the inside-out. "Fights" should look like this:

With Jackson's Water Bearers, you can just say that they need to make contact with the water source they're controlling. So he can pull water out from his sheath-gourd hybrid, or from the ambient air, or from some other water source within reach. He could only bloodbend or dehydrate his opponents if his Water Bearers make direct contact with his opponent. This should make fights much more interesting.

From a story-telling perspective, I think Jackson has the best powerset in the Aquaman family-- Limited hydrokinesis, electric charges, strength, speed, damage resistance, resistance to poison toxins, and breathing in water. Very good powerset for a character calling himself Aqualad or Aquaman.
    I think he was limited before Flashpoint but now? He's able to pull off powerful hydrokinesis feats without the water bearers. It's still a nice touch for the character though.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Not many artist can render locks right, most of the time they look like worms. Not a fan of Diego Olortegui's rendition.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Pencil by Diego Olortegui

Ink by Wade Von Grawbadger

Color by Adriano Lucas

Posted from Wade's twitter
    Did anyone else notice Nami, Usopp and Robin just chilling on the beach? That's probably the best rendition of a realistic Usopp I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    Did anyone else notice Nami, Usopp and Robin just chilling on the beach? That's probably the best rendition of a realistic Usopp I've ever seen.
    yessir, we also see Jackson pass by an auto shop named Franky's House, with Franky's star as it's logo. I wonder if we'll see all the Straw Hats get cameos in the issue when it drops. that'd be an automatic 6/10 on this issue for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    Franky' House too and looks like he went into Sanji's restaurant
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So all we're missing is Luffy, Zoro, Chopper, and Jinbe...

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Nice art .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    yessir, we also see Jackson pass by an auto shop named Franky's House, with Franky's star as it's logo. I wonder if we'll see all the Straw Hats get cameos in the issue when it drops. that'd be an automatic 6/10 on this issue for me.
    Holy shit! Major props to Olortegui for referencing the greatest manga ever. Or maybe it was in the script with visual references?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Holy shit! Major props to Olortegui for referencing the greatest manga ever. Or maybe it was in the script with visual references?
    My guess it's him. That page looks like the script is just "Jackson happily arrived in Amnesty Bay, a friendly home. He's at the height of his life. Establish that he already has some friends there." and then let the artist be creative with the visuals.

Exclusive Preview: AQUAMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR: The Curry Family is on vacation in "Foreshadow" by Brandon Thomas, Diego Olortegui & co! A prelude story to Jackson Hyde's upcoming solo title AQUAMAN: THE BECOMING #1 out September 21!