Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yeah, I didn't catch that. Jess could be teasing Andy by calling her princess but it didn't seem that way. I wonder if DC is really going to ignore the dethronement of the Atlantis monarchy. I wonder what Jackson is doing in the confluence. I don't know why Aquaman comes out later than JL. You would think the release of books would match the timeline.
    This book occurs 20 years after the end of the ATlantean monarchy, maybe it was restored, it could be even they became rulers of Xebel, after all Mera has a claim to that throne. From the clothes they are wearing its clear that they have some royal robes on. Jess wasn't teasing her, as I mentioned before he referred to her parents as king and queen.
    As for Jackson Maybe he lives in the confluence and they visited him, or they went on some mission together, That's why Mera says "we're still in the confluence".
    Why FS- Aquaman comes out among the last books of FS you should say, not to mention the non marketing by DC for the book. Why the timeline doesn't match? honestly doesn't make sense. You put Andy on JL now readers who will buy it will find a ten year old girl instead.

Yeah, I didn't catch that. Jess could be teasing Andy by calling her princess but it didn't seem that way. I wonder if DC is really going to ignore the dethronement of the Atlantis monarchy. I wonder what Jackson is doing in the confluence. I don't know why Aquaman comes out later than JL. You would think the release of books would match the timeline.
    Not even Future State expected that to last .
    Y'know, they have different codenames, they could conceivably be on a team together...and subvert the usual man/woman couple dynamic on the League.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where's this from?
    It's from Aquaman Deep Dives #4

Shirtless. Arthur taught him well .

I guess Jackson spends as much time fighting his dad as Aquaman as his mentor did.

"Aqualass" - Is he just going for this because he was Aqualad?

Andy seems like a...difficult protege.

- - - - -
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

- - - - -
    Tuesday can't come fast enough! So they were fighting Manta and he escaped. I thought it was going to be a rescue mission that went wrong but this seems way more exciting! Maybe Jackson holds back when fighting his father based on Andy's attitude. Andy sure acts like her mother

I wonder if we're gonna see more breakout attempts before Andy joins up with Jackson.

DC's Future State Turns Aqualad Into a New Kind of Hero in This Exclusive Preview
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/dcs-future-s...ero-1846070544

Charles Pulliam-Moore, io9: Future State’s all about establishing a new status quo in DC’s future—what does that mean about Jackson’s new title as the Aquaman that sets this series apart from other DC stories where we’ve seen him take on the mantle after Arthur Curry?

Brandon Thomas: Andy makes everything different here. Having to carry the mantle and the history connected to it is one thing, but being entrusted with the safety and development of THE most important thing in her parents’ lives is another. You’re talking a level of responsibility that just feels immense every time Jackson suits up and goes to work with Andy at his side.

He is fighting hard to live up to the name, but those thoughts have become entirely secondary in recent months. Jackson’s main mission every day is get Andy back home to her parents, no matter what, no matter how. Having a young, headstrong apprentice wasn’t something Jackson was prepared for, and that’s definitely manifested in their relationship in some unpleasant ways.

io9: Beyond being a classic experienced hero/relative newcomer duo, what sort of dynamics define Jackson and Andy’s relationship? How do they see one another, and how do they make each other stronger?

Thomas: The main dynamic between them is conflict. Neither of them is particularly thrilled to be attached to the other, and there’s a definite brother/sister vibe happening, and Andy is at the age where she’s probably the most annoying, and judgmental, and mean she’s ever going to get. She does not think Jackson deserves to be Aquaman, she hates her current codename Aqualass—Andy’s a real handful when our story picks up, which makes writing them together a lot of fun. Really up in the air whether either of them is making the other stronger or more effective, but that’s what The Confluence is there to provide—some much-needed clarity about what they should mean to each other.

io9: Without giving anything away, what’s the significance of the Confluence teased in this first issue? Should readers think of this as Aquaman’s answer to the Speed Force or the Green?

Thomas: Definitely in that vein, and another point of reference to consider is The Bleed. Imagine if every ocean on every world in every dimension was connected somehow, and you could use that crossing as a way to travel back and forth…if you know what you’re doing. Which, unfortunately, Jackson and Andy do not, and once they stumble inside, things quickly turn into one of those classic, life-changing adventures that will test their partnership like never before.

io9: With this being a new era for Jackson and Andy, what were the things about their powers can readers expect to see in the series’ illustrations?

Thomas: Andy is sporting a new ability that is very similar to one her father has, but with one very important distinction that comes into play during the story. On top of that, this is definitely going to be a place where both of them are unleashed in several ways, and using their powers with a discipline and maturity that we haven’t seen from them in previous appearances.

Experiencing that through the lens of Daniel Sampere and Adriano Lucas’s amazing artwork, in addition to watching them go on this interdimensional journey, filled with gorgeous locales and constant dangers, feels like this big secret we’ve been keeping from everyone else, but soon everyone gets to learn why we’ve been so excited while working on this. You always want to end a project feeling like you’ve made some new friends, and that’s definitely the vibe we all felt putting this story together. Cannot wait to finally share.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

- - - - -
    Okay is it just me or does the older Jackson kind of look like Jason Mamoa? I'm thinking of him back in his Stargate Atlantis days

I think it would have been cool to see Jackson on the Justice League but I could see him not being included as part of the plot of mandatory secret identities and no fraternization, so if he's Andy's friend and mentor it could go against the rules of the League.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-22-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay is it just me or does the older Jackson kind of look like Jason Mamoa? I'm thinking of him back in his Stargate Atlantis days

I think it would have been cool to see Jackson on the Justice League but I could see him not being included as part of the plot of mandatory secret identities and no fraternization, so if he's Andy's friend and mentor it could go against the rules of the League.
    True. He would be too close to her considering their rules. Also, he's already established so they would probably already know his "secret identity". He's been in the business longer than them and has partnered up with Jon numerous times. He's probably on file in the JL database.

I'm getting the sense Andy wasn't planning on getting mentored by Jackson, in favor of her parents, and they just ended up stuck together. Kind of like Dick and Damian.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Future State: Aquaman is easily my favorite Future State story so far.

currently following: