Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

"Foreshadow" - I wonder how apropos that is.

So it's like a Barry/Wally thing where the mentor and protege are competing to see whose fastest...

At this point does Jackson get more paneltime with Andy than her own parents do :P?

"Uncle Jackson." Garth better be an uncle...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Foreshadow" - I wonder how apropos that is.

So it's like a Barry/Wally thing where the mentor and protege are competing to see whose fastest...

At this point does Jackson get more paneltime with Andy than her own parents do :P?

"Uncle Jackson." Garth better be an uncle...
    I love how Arthur is finally training Jackson ever since KSD run. We almost never see mentors spend time with their proteges anymore.

Mera and Arthur most likely call Jackson to babysit everyday lol.

Andy probably doesn't even know Garth. According to King he's too busy wasting away in a bar getting drunk

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love how Arthur is finally training Jackson ever since KSD run. We almost never see mentors spend time with their proteges anymore.

Mera and Arthur most likely call Jackson to babysit everyday lol.

Andy probably doesn't even know Garth. According to King he's too busy wasting away in a bar getting drunk
    The last time I remember seeing that kind of dynamic was early into Williamson's run with Flash and Kid Flash.

Now I'm imagining they have Jackson around so they can spend quality time away from the baby .

Oh yeah...I try not to remember that.

saw a tweet that Brandon Thomas liked

we MIGHT see Jackson get a love interest in his forthcoming series, and they will more than likely be a person of color.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

we MIGHT see Jackson get a love interest in his forthcoming series, and they will more than likely be a person of color.
    Finally. I really do hope he gets a Black boyfriend. Black couples whether its straight or gay are always overlooked in comics.

Finally. I really do hope he gets a Black boyfriend. Black couples whether its straight or gay are always overlooked in comics.
    right!? thats why I loved Mr & Mrs Terrific, and partially why I advocate for Bronze Tiger & Vixen so hard. Mal & Karen can't be the only ones, y'know?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Was he not still with the guy from Xebel?

Astonishing Member

right!? thats why I loved Mr & Mrs Terrific, and partially why I advocate for Bronze Tiger & Vixen so hard. Mal & Karen can't be the only ones, y'know?
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this trend. It's in media in general, but also in comic books in more particular, and especially mainstream ones, due to the concentration of the kinds of stories that tend to get told.

Jackson had two stories in the 80th anniversary special. Both were pretty good but of course also short. One of them was the typical father-son story we've seen plenty of times but it was alright. The second story was the prelude to his upcoming mini and I think that was my favorite story in the entire special.

Astonishing Member

Jackson had two stories in the 80th anniversary special. Both were pretty good but of course also short. One of them was the typical father-son story we've seen plenty of times but it was alright. The second story was the prelude to his upcoming mini and I think that was my favorite story in the entire special.
    I get the feeling that the "typical father-son story" is gonna be a pigeonhole Jackson's going to have deal with from writers going forward, each trying to retell the story but often not quite landing it in the same definitively satisfying way it was done in that Aqualad special with Manta's hired attack goon.

BANNED

Didn't he have a thing with Lorena? I assumed she had indigenous ancestry.

Edit-- Is he still bi, or is he gay?

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-06-2021 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

Brightest Day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Didn't he have a thing with Lorena? I assumed she had indigenous ancestry.

Edit-- Is he still bi, or is he gay?

as far as we know, Jackson is gay. you gotta remember, this version of Jackson/Kaldur was only around for a year and was super early in his development, so they didn't know who he was yet. so they might have hinted at something between them but I'm doubtful it was ever explored much and he's only expressed interest in boys ever since coming out so to speak. Kaldur'ahm on the show is bi or pan (think they said he was pan but I could be wrong) but that was partially due to his sexuality in the comics was revealed after they already established Kaldur had feelings for Tula, so they had to make a compromise. However Jackson, as far as we know, is just gay.

personally I think that having him come around to discovering he's pan in the comics could make for some interesting story regarding exploring sexuality, the journey of coming to terms with sexual identity not being a straight line, and the kaleidoscopic nature of sexuality as a spectrum. unfortunately, I doubt a lot of DC writers have the tact to pull it off nor do I think they could pull it off without caving to any potential backlash immediately.

currently following: