Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno if they'll explore the Confluence or not but there will be a new Aquaman book sooner rather than later considering he has an animated series and a movie on the way. I just hope they don't pouch it from Jackson entirely and keep it exclusively tied to Arthur, i'd want to see this be a niche for Jackson that they could explore together; build that partnership as well as his character.
    I agree, and Jackson has a pretty strong “mystical” connection with water, especially since he’s a water bender similar to Mera (at least in the cartoon, maybe that’s not the case for comic Jackson). He’d be a good fit as the co-protagonist for something like this.

Much as I love Manta, seeing Jackson and Arthur explore a big cosmic ocean is definitely a more exciting team up story for the two right now to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree, and Jackson has a pretty strong “mystical” connection with water, especially since he’s a water bender similar to Mera (at least in the cartoon, maybe that’s not the case for comic Jackson). He’d be a good fit as the co-protagonist for something like this.

Much as I love Manta, seeing Jackson and Arthur explore a big cosmic ocean is definitely a more exciting team up story for the two right now to me.
    I think they allude to Jackson and Mera linking up over their common aquakinesis in KSD's runright before they teamed up to take down Mecha Manta, and then she fell into a coma . My ideal would be if we can see Jackson be mentored by both Arthur and Mera. Maybe working with Mera and getting closer to his mom will lead to him getting his Xebel name Kaldur'ahm. Iunno if they've 100% fleshed out Xebel's history, maybe they can tie it to the confluence somehow. like we thought it was in a different dimension but it was actually sent to a distant cosmic sea within the confluence. Drowned Earth introduced ocean gods from outer space, maybe Arthur can be the champion of Earth's sea gods and Jackson can be the champion for some other interstellar water pantheon. There is just so much they could do with the confluence concept, and Jackson is ripe vehicle for exploring it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think they allude to Jackson and Mera linking up over their common aquakinesis in KSD's runright before they teamed up to take down Mecha Manta, and then she fell into a coma . My ideal would be if we can see Jackson be mentored by both Arthur and Mera. Maybe working with Mera and getting closer to his mom will lead to him getting his Xebel name Kaldur'ahm. Iunno if they've 100% fleshed out Xebel's history, maybe they can tie it to the confluence somehow. like we thought it was in a different dimension but it was actually sent to a distant cosmic sea within the confluence. Drowned Earth introduced ocean gods from outer space, maybe Arthur can be the champion of Earth's sea gods and Jackson can be the champion for some other interstellar water pantheon. There is just so much they could do with the confluence concept, and Jackson is ripe vehicle for exploring it.
    I mean, it should be pretty easy to just establish it as his Atlantean/Xebellian/undersea name. Like how they handled Superboy's two names.

Have they still not given him his Kaldur name yet? That’s idiotic if so, that’s the name most are familiar with on account of the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it should be pretty easy to just establish it as his Atlantean/Xebellian/undersea name. Like how they handled Superboy's two names.
    true it should be but, since it's taken this long, i would like it if it came by way of Mera and Jackson's mother connecting it to his Xebel ancestry and their culture and make it a significant event; really make it a moment to mythologize Jackson/Kaldur'ahm within the Aquaverse.

Have they still not given him his Kaldur name yet? That’s idiotic if so, that’s the name most are familiar with on account of the cartoon.
    right?! it's really crazy how long it's taken DC to build up his connection to the Aquafamily in the comics. why did it take pretty much a decade for AQUALAD to be partnered up with AQUAMAN? and why has it been over a decade since he's gotten his most recognizable name? I still don't get why they didn't just name him Kaldur'ahm Hyde, or use it as a middle name, in the first place.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-28-2021 at 08:36 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So, Future State aside, I've only read Hyde in passing through some Teen Titans crossovers, and saw him reintroduced in Rebirth. He seems to be pretty different to Kaldur in personality. I think I've asked this before, but do fans see him growing into his more confident personality in recent stories? Can the two versions be reconciled?
    I see him being more confident like Kaldur but never as stoic as him. Jackson is very emotional and wears it on his sleeves. He never really hides his feelings. He's also more light-hearted than Kaldur which I actually love. I've had problems with Rebirth Kaldur but I'm definitely loving him the more he gets used.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    true it should be but, since it's taken this long, i would like it if it came by way of Mera and Jackson's mother connecting it to his Xebel ancestry and their culture and make it a significant event; really make it a moment to mythologize Jackson/Kaldur'ahm within the Aquaverse.

right?! it's really crazy how long it's taken DC to build up his connection to the Aquafamily in the comics. why did it pretty muc ha decade for AQUALAD to be partnered up with AQUAMAN, and why has it been over a decade since he's gotten his most recognizable name? I still don't get why they didn't just name him Kaldur'ahm Hyde, or use it as a middle name, in the first place.
    Yeah, I'm still waiting for this to happen. It would help by stopping the unnecessary confusion. YJ can even make Kaldur go by Jackson for an Earth identity since he doesn't have one. There's no point in having two versions.

DC always working backward.

Hell the PC game, DCUO, did away with the separation and nailed it!

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-28-2021 at 12:24 AM.

right?! it's really crazy how long it's taken DC to build up his connection to the Aquafamily in the comics. why did it pretty muc ha decade for AQUALAD to be partnered up with AQUAMAN, and why has it been over a decade since he's gotten his most recognizable name? I still don't get why they didn't just name him Kaldur'ahm Hyde, or use it as a middle name, in the first place.
    Yeah I don't understand it either plus Kaldurahm is a MUCH better name than Jackson
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

FS: AM was great, from the art all the way down to the story. I wasn't expecting a cosmic teleporting ocean, I'm going to have to see more of that.and poor Andi lost her leg .

I don't know about anyone else but the name Aqualass is hilarious to me.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    FS: AM was great, from the art all the way down to the story. I wasn't expecting a cosmic teleporting ocean, I'm going to have to see more of that and poor Andi lost her leg .

I don't know about anyone else but the name Aqualass is hilarious to me.
    I don't think it's a teleporting ocean so much as a cosmic trans-spatial ocean, since it seems to connect to all ocean worlds. I wonder if this is the space Mother Shark inhabits. Also, much as people talk about how much she's like Mera, that leg move was very Arthur of her . I wonder how she fixes her leg because she doesn't appear to have a prosthetic in Justice League.

currently following:

I don't think it's a teleporting ocean so much as a cosmic trans-spatial ocean, since it seems to connect to all ocean worlds. I wonder if this is the space Mother Shark inhabits. Also, much as people talk about how much she's like Mera, that leg move was very Arthur of her . I wonder how she fixes her leg because she doesn't appear to have a prosthetic in Justice League.
    Maybe she heal via water magic but yes that was very Arthur (metal) of her.

So far my favorite Future State is definitely Aquaman. All the FS stories suffer a little from starting in the middle of established continuity and while some fail to build off it, Aquaman is one of the stories to successfully start off. We jump right into the conflict but already we're given some background info from the complex dynamic between Jackson and Andy. Thiis is the best I've seen Jackson portrayed in the comics. KSD did a good job as well but here we see Jackson shine on his own.

The art/coloring was stunning and not one page came off lazy.

I'm very curious on why Jackson hasn't said anything to his captives early on. Maybe he was too distraught.

Well, it could be some Atlantean magic prosthetic or a water leg. She wears pants so we probably don't see it?