Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Loved that we had Jackson and Andy in a book, some parts I really liked them, but it could have been much much better for the following reasons.

The art was simply awesome.

I loved the reunion scene, it was touching. Liked that they see each other as brother and sister. But they could have mentioned that she saw him as such. After all, they had fish talk all the time, they could have had her say she saw him as a brother now. It would have been nice to read. Not out of the blues she started calling him as brother.

I liked that Jackson's teachings helped her survive. Him being mature is shown in those teachings. Liked the restrain he showed even when he could have beat the sh*t of those who jailed him. I doubt her mother would have shown such restrain

What I did not like, him being in prison for six years. They could have made him been searching for her. The confluence is a big place. Not throw him in a jail. As they made Andy fight her way to him, they could have done the same with him. Doubt they would have made batman or superman jailed for six years. Besides it was quite dumb, they made him not realize that six years had passed?

Atlanteans swimming as normal people - Atlanteans propel themselves at high speeds in water. Its a basic of the Aquaman lore. Jackson has be shown always as travelling at high speeds in the sea. Suddenly the new Aquaman swims like anyone of us. So does the daughter of the King and Queen of the 7 seas, while she got her parents powers, she swims like a normal human being.

Jackson being sort of momoaized. He has his identity, stick to it. He is Jackson not Jason Momoa. It did not work with the tattoos for Arthur. Jackson was around before Momoa even dreamed to be Aquaman. It won't bring any benefit to the character only making him lose his identity. Movies never benefitted comics.

The water/fish leg - did she lose a leg or not? a sort of rehash of her father's once water hand, not that original. If she didn't lose a leg, don't Atlanteans have heal ability. No explanation what happened.
    Another issue with Andy, did her parents never teach her anything? doubt Arthur or Mera would neglect their parental duties, dumbing that on Jackson.

Overall the story is very confused, that gives no definite answers to issues raised. I understand that two issues are not enough. But as mentioned you had fish talk endlessly could have used that space instead for some explanations. The contrast between Andy in JL and FS Aquaman clearly shows the difference at level of writers.

Finally a note on the lack of marketing by DC for this FS Aquaman, how can they expect that these characters, that for once given a book of their own, to make it to the top on their own. Of all FS books these two issues received the less attention from the rest. Speaks volumes of the consideration DC has for some characters and others. Won't be surprised if they tell us it didn't sell well, with the kind of non promotion it received. Only fans pushed these two issues by their social media pages, if it does well its owed to them, certainly not to DC.
    The teachings were my favorite thing in this issue. I like to wonder that all these things he was teaching Andy were from other Superheroes because I don't think Arthur taught him all that stuff.

Now that you mention it, I kinda disliked the Prison angle as well. At first, I thought we were gonna see a big breakout from Jackson and Andy over the two issues but nothing. Even the breakout itself was kinda meh. I agree that they should've made Jackson navigate through the Confluence to find Andy. Honestly, I would've liked to actually see Lemonpeace's idea of Jackson forming his own crew and traveling the seas to find her.

I don't see Jackson as being "momoaized". I guess it's the beard but I love the dreads on him and his tats were always a thing. Other than that he never acted like Momoa. One problem I did have was Jackson being electrocuted. Like he emits electricity from his skin, I'm pretty sure he's resistant, or at least it tickles him.

Maybe Andy did give back the water leg to the other fish. We know that Jackson and her parents are in the Confluence. Most likely they found a perfect way to navigate through it.

I loved every issue but it really needed extra pages or two more issues. The content feels like it was for a 6 issue mini or at most a 12 issue maxi.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The teachings were my favorite thing in this issue. I like to wonder that all these things he was teaching Andy were from other Superheroes because I don't think Arthur taught him all that stuff.

Now that you mention it, I kinda disliked the Prison angle as well. At first, I thought we were gonna see a big breakout from Jackson and Andy over the two issues but nothing. Even the breakout itself was kinda meh. I agree that they should've made Jackson navigate through the Confluence to find Andy. Honestly, I would've liked to actually see Lemonpeace's idea of Jackson forming his own crew and traveling the seas to find her.

I don't see Jackson as being "momoaized". I guess it's the beard but I love the dreads on him and his tats were always a thing. Other than that he never acted like Momoa. One problem I did have was Jackson being electrocuted. Like he emits electricity from his skin, I'm pretty sure he's resistant, or at least it tickles him.

Maybe Andy did give back the water leg to the other fish. We know that Jackson and her parents are in the Confluence. Most likely they found a perfect way to navigate through it.

I loved every issue but it really needed extra pages or two more issues. The content feels like it was for a 6 issue mini or at most a 12 issue maxi.
    When I mention Momoa, its the looks. But in the first issue, there is a scene in which he is made to look like Arthur in chains as in Aquaman movie
    Atlanteans swimming? since when? they propel themselves at high speed.

Is the water leg/hand an original concept, in Aquaman?
    She is shown to have still her leg before she gets the water one. Was it sort of an aid until it healed? It took six years to heal? when Atlanteans heal fast? No explanations given.

As for her parents being in the confluence, they told her we are "currently in the confluence", That currently means they are on a visit or sort of.

Indeed two issues aren't enough, but when you have such limited issues, you minimize and try to give explanations.
    Seems the book was edited with a rushed conclusion. All that panel space wasted with fish talking could been used differently. Because at the end the book doesn't give answers to questions itself raised.

Jackson not realizing six years had passed, it could have been avoided, no need for that.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-24-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Where is Kaldur's Oscar?

Where is Kaldur's Oscar?
    Seeing Savage finally taken down a peg was one of the best parts.

(When is someone going to beat the @#$% out of Queen Bee?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing Savage finally taken down a peg was one of the best parts.

(When is someone going to beat the @#$% out of Queen Bee?).
    Savage losing is really pleasing.

Queen Bee is untouchable in this show and I kinda like it. I hope she gets an arc of her own.

Savage losing is really pleasing.

Queen Bee is untouchable in this show and I kinda like it. I hope she gets an arc of her own.
    I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if she wasn't depicted as one of the worst of The Light and killed one of the protagonists' mom with zero repercussions.

Where is Kaldur's Oscar?
    damn, kinda feel for Manta....meh oh well, he's a whole supervillain.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I wonder what made the YJ writers turn his hair blonde, it's such a simple change but it greatly improves his design.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder what made the YJ writers turn his hair blonde, it's such a simple change but it greatly improves his design.
    Maybe they were watching Demolition man

DC Pride #1 is an 80-page anthology special on sale June 8 that will feature "LGBTQIA+ characters from all corners of DC’s ever-expanding Universe, including cameos by fan favorites Batwoman, Renee Montoya, Alan Scott, Midnighter, Apollo, Extraño, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Constantine, and more."

The creative teams, and the characters featured in their stories include:

-Batwoman (Kate Kane) by James Tynion IV & Trung Le Nguyen
    -Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn by Mariko Tamaki & Amy Reeder
    -Midnighter by Steve Orlando & Stephen Byrne
    Flash of Earth-11 (Jess Chambers) by Danny Lore & Lisa Sterle
    -Green Lantern (Alan Scott) & Obsidian by Sam Johns & Klaus Janson
    -Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) by Andrew Wheeler & Luciano Vecchio
    -Dreamer by Nicole Maines & Rachel Stott
    -Renee Montoya by Vita Ayala & Skylar Patridge
    -Pied Piper by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 03-11-2021 at 08:27 AM.

DC Pride #1 is an 80-page anthology special on sale June 8 that will feature "LGBTQIA+ characters from all corners of DC’s ever-expanding Universe, including cameos by fan favorites Batwoman, Renee Montoya, Alan Scott, Midnighter, Apollo, Extraño, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Constantine, and more."

The creative teams, and the characters featured in their stories include:

-Batwoman (Kate Kane) by James Tynion IV & Trung Le Nguyen
    -Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn by Mariko Tamaki & Amy Reeder
    -Midnighter by Steve Orlando & Stephen Byrne
    Flash of Earth-11 (Jess Chambers) by Danny Lore & Lisa Sterle
    -Green Lantern (Alan Scott) & Obsidian by Sam Johns & Klaus Janson
    -Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) by Andrew Wheeler & Luciano Vecchio
    -Dreamer by Nicole Maines & Rachel Stott
    -Renee Montoya by Vita Ayala & Skylar Patridge
    -Pied Piper by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt
    Nice to see we're getting a new Aquald story .

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He was created for the show so he was blonde since his inception but because animation has a longer production time than comics the were able to incorporate him into the comics early. Same thing happened to Renee Montoya who was created for B:TAS but they were able to introduce her in the comics before the show aired.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He was created for the show so he was blonde since his inception but because animation has a longer production time than comics the were able to incorporate him into the comics early. Same thing happened to Renee Montoya who was created for B:TAS but they were able to introduce her in the comics before the show aired.
    Wow I had no idea, I thought he appeared in the comic first. I didn't know about Renee either I thought she was on the show first.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Aquaman 80th Anniversary Special #1

story by DAN JURGENS, GEOFF JOHNS, BRANDON THOMAS, CHUCK BROWN, STEPHANIE PHILLIPS, MICHAEL MORECI, MARGUERITE BENNETT, DAN WATTERS, JEFF PARKER, SHAWN ALDRIDGE, AND FRANCIS MANAPUL!
    art by STEVE EPTING, PAUL PELLETIER, VALENTINE DE LANDRO, HENDRY PRASETYA, POP MHAN, TRUNGLES, MIGUEL MENDONÇA, EVAN "DOC" SHANER, TOM DERENICK, FRANCIS MANAPUL, AND MORE!
    cover by IVAN REIS & JOE PRADO
    ON SALE : 8/31/21
    $9.99 US | 96 PAGES | FC | DC | Prestige format

After defending the seven seas for eight decades, it's time to throw Aquaman a party! This all-star-filled anthology spans across the ocean king's legacy, not just celebrating his own triumphs, but also those of his greatest allies and enemies. We look at his ongoing romance with Mera, his bitter rivalry with Black Manta, his brotherly conflict with Ocean Master, and the inspiration he lends to younger heroes like Tempest and Jackson Hyde, the newest Aqualad.
    It would not be an Aquaman celebration without also looking at how he's changed over the years, including a brand-new tale of Bombshells Aquaman.
    This special brings together Aqua talent past, present, and future, including reuniting fan-favorite creative teams such as Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier, Dan Jurgens and Steve Epting, alongside Dan Watters and Miguel Mendonca. Plus, two of the stories are prequels to two new Aquaman miniseries launching in September, kicking off another 80 years of undersea adventure!

I wonder what these two minis will be about.